Rooney's Loyalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

CampzBay

Is it genuine?

We all know about that nightmare in October 2010... I still can't believe that even happened. It was so unexpected. To be honest, I had a gut feeling that he would fall back on his wish to leave. I just get those feelings sometimes. It's odd. For instance, as soon as the stoppage time was announced at Wastelands, I just knew that City would clinch two goals. Enough of that though.

Since he has been reassured and repaid, Rooney has shown the same amount of devotion to the team as before. Always vying for second balls; clearing balls off the line, drifting in and out of almost every position we have on the pitch and he appears to be a mentoring Welbeck.

I really hope and like to think that it's not down to the money, but because he realised that he made a grave error in that month. His head wasn't in the right place as we know, and he wasn't in a great place due to this - which may have clouded his judgement and rationality.

Before he had that blip in 2010, I would have placed my savings account on Rooney staying at OT for the entirety of his career. Now? I wouldn't be so keen.

What do you think about his current loyalty status?

I personally like to think that his wage rise was not pivotal in his decision to stay.

The only thing Rooney wants is United to compete. The reason he handed in a transfer request was because United weren't spending money and he thought we might be left behind. He wanted investment and more top class players, because honestly if Rooney gets injured we are in trouble.

250k a week will make you very loyal

Strange how our leading goalscorer of a few seasons ago, Berbatov, has played less games since Mr Roonery's hissy fit... Couldn't be surely that mr Rooney has now got too much influence, surely not! There's only one number one.....hmmmm

Rooney's wages nearer to £180k? I'd be surprised if he's on £250k.

Players lack loyalty, clubs lack loyalty. As fans we want players to feel the same love and emotion we have for the club, but in reality they don't. Rooney wanted better wages, on par with the best players in the world, which I think he is entitled to, but he and his agent completely mishandled the situation in my opinion.

If he feels we can't challenge for trophies he'll be looking to leave again.

I do feel his advisors recognised a weak point at Utd where he was the only star name left and with the whole green and gold thing in full swing a lack of investment over the previous summer they played some real hardball with the club and they caved in.

When Ronaldo & Tevez left then Rooney bangs in 30 league goals they knew he was the clubs only real marketing asset and as the poster boy they wanted a poster boy wage.

I think Rooney is paid around 180k perhaps less by the club but gets other money through sponsors and stuff. I'm not sure how it works to be honest. Think David Gill mentioned the other week that United can't offer the same wages as other clubs but there are other incentives to join us with the history of the club and the commercial stuff.

As for Rooney's loyalty, it's always going to be questioned because of what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back