Rooney swearing after penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much ^^. Most of the time players are accused of not having enough passion and only caring about the money but when they do as what Rooney did or run into the crowd with their shirt off they are chastised for it. You can hear 20,000 fans chanting with swear words for 90 mins ffs. "Daddy, what's a fat granny shagger?"

Mike Parry on 5Live's 606 proposes a £1m fine and a season long ban. He's not anti-united at all is he? haha.

Parry is a ****.... what Shearer just said on MOTD is the way it should go... it was a pure heat of the moment thing... Rooney has said sorry... leave it at that.

i dare say there were far naughtier words said in the Prem today...

Seems we have a new chant to replace "We'll do what we waaaant"

Just read this on twitter: "What fecking what? WHAT fecking WHAAAAT? We can't bloody hear you. What fecking what?"

As a non UK based supporter I can't understand this fuzz - football is emotional and should remain emotional, the lads playing the game are no school boys and there's a lot more worse going on than swearing - TV is ruling the schedule, now it seems they start taking influence of punishments - ffs very, very poor / self complacent / autocratic / acting as a senior primary school teacher......

I agree, for the life of me i cannot grasp why Rooney swearing yesterday is such a problem. As has been alluded to, if the FA or the ABU brigade (Anybody but United) are that concerned about it then they are deluding themselves! Swearing is part of everyday life and if the FA or others think that Rooney swearing is sensitive to younger fans they are (pardon the pun) kidding themselves because some kids these days say worse!!

Crikey..Rooney has just dragged us back from two goals down to put us in front and he now cannot be emotional!

Guys, if Rooney was missing the fire in his belly we'd all be very worried about him.

Anyone else but Rooney and nothing gets said. Guaranteed.

Anyone else but Rooney and nothing gets said. Guaranteed.
Absolutely- nail on the head! Because it's Wayne.

What about Gerrard and Kuyt standing over and swearing at Nani at Anfield? Where's the furore over that?

Rooney has been charged. Got until Tues to respond. Faces 2 game suspension. What a joke.

So what (F**king what) are the FA going to do about all the other instances where the camera's picked up players swearing during the weekend???

F**k All i guess.... goes with their name...

Haha what a joke. I also found it funny when MOTD allowed it to be shown when they could of easily left it out, after all there are kids watching.

They did take it out of the Sunday Morning show. It is stupid though. Players can swear at refs but not at cameras. This is going to open a huge can of worms, well it should but I doubt anyone else will get punished for this...

the big point is that there's no way in hell that Rooney is the only EPL player not to have been seen swearing on camera over the weekend....

so why is he the only one to be punished? oh yeah.... he's a United player....

Rooney will miss the games against Fulham and City. Unless he appeals and gets it down to 1 game of course. Ban could obviously increase on appeal though.

the FA won't cut down the ban... the only way it'll go if he appeals is higher...

Rooney & United are better off living with yet another unfair ruling than trying to get the seemingly corrupt FA to actually grow some balls and admit that they are treating United unfairly...

Wayne Rooney charged for use of offensive, insulting and/or abusive language.
It's a disgrace what's gone on. Un-fecking-believeable. The FA should be ashamed of themselves- clowns.

The Gerrard's and Kuyt's of this world can call Nani every name under the sun at Anfield and get away with it scot-free because a TV camera or mike didn't pick it up.

It never ceases to amaze me how quick off the mark the FA are when it comes to any United related incident. They're sharpish again! ffs.

The prospect of a ban for this and not him elbowing an opponent is absurd. However people are far too quick to jump to his defence - he knows he is a role model and shouldn't have done it. When he was heavily criticised after England vs Algeria when he first showed his gigantic ego he should have learned. He didn't. He has used the media to earn vast sums. He has used the media to increase friction with his manager and club (mixed zone post-England) and even used a media statement to hand an ultimatum to our beloved club on the night a vital Champions League game. How did he try and worm his way out of being labelled a mercenary after we rewarded his behaviour? Oh yes, he went on MUTV and used the media to try and paint it all as a big misunderstanding. My anger is toward the FA, my sympathy is to the other players and fans who might feel his absence, but don't expect me to feel sorry for him.

The prospect of a ban for this and not him elbowing an opponent is absurd. However people are far too quick to jump to his defence - he knows he is a role model and shouldn't have done it. When he was heavily criticised after England vs Algeria when he first showed his gigantic ego he should have learned. He didn't. He has used the media to earn vast sums. He has used the media to increase friction with his manager and club (mixed zone post-England) and even used a media statement to hand an ultimatum to our beloved club on the night a vital Champions League game. How did he try and worm his way out of being labelled a mercenary after we rewarded his behaviour? Oh yes, he went on MUTV and used the media to try and paint it all as a big misunderstanding. My anger is toward the FA, my sympathy is to the other players and fans who might feel his absence, but don't expect me to feel sorry for him.

Hence the apology straight after the game for it. Rooney is no saint.... that's clear. But this is just downright wrong by the FA....

I don't think anybody's debating that Rooney is a role model to kids etc.

As i'm saying, wouldn't you consider Gerrard and Kuyt as role models to kids? The same Gerrard and Kuyt who were giving Nani dogs abuse while calling him every expletive known to man at Anfield when he was on the ground injured, but they get away with it because a TV camera or mike wasn't near enough to pick it up.?

This stinks of double standards and as i said it never ever ceases to amaze me how sharpish the FA react when it's anything MUFC related.

You now are not allowed to be emotional when scoring a hat-trick after being two down, or a similar scenario. FA are a genuine disgrace.

I was amazed by how quick he apologised. Maybe he'll follow it up with a genuine apology to the fans who pay his wages that he gave two fingers to when holding the club to ransom and making eyes at City? In karma terms he should have served three games for the McCarthy incident so frustrating as it is I can live with it, but it doesn't forgive the FA ridiculous policy of rulings based on media driven 'outrage' that garnered barely any complaints and as you rightly point out was immediately apologised for by the man involved.

the big point is that there's no way in hell that Rooney is the only EPL player not to have been seen swearing on camera over the weekend....

so why is he the only one to be punished? oh yeah.... he's a United player....
Yes, you've hit the nail on the head.

I've read all the blogs about Rooney on saturday and can i just say i agree with a bit about all,but this is a double edged sword.If for one minute you sit and think this man was getting abuse something awful from the west ham fans( i know it's the same everywhere he goes....he should be used to it.....)but could you go out on a night out and every pub you went in you were called a)a fat bastard b)your wifes a slag and not do anything about it? Wayne did he scored an hat trick..he pulled his side from 2-0 down to the brink of it's 19th title,he was on a high and all of a sudden somebody shoves a camera in his face,he's in an atmosphere that is one part ecstatic singing his name to right at the side hostility that wants to kill him(metaphorically)...we cannot expect him or any other player in that position to say"sorry but do you mind if i go slightly mad with my celebration only i feel so good!!"
No wonder Rooney let it all go,o.k so he shouldn't but he's still a young man who put one over his persecutors and did it and is now being persecuted for letting his emotions get the better of him.......after all did none of you lot swear , shout some abuse ,or let yourselves go when Wayne scored his third.....?
If this come's about that Wayne gets a ban there will never be another Sunday league game.....aren't they all run by the same F.A...so what's good for one is good for others!

This is outrageous. It's a farce!

Ashley Cole can shoot somebody and nothing is done. The majority of West Ham fans can sing disgraceful chants about Rooney's wife and child and nothing is done. Swearing? Listen to what the West Ham fans were chanting for christsakess, live on TV!?!

Rooney should retire from the England team, that would teach the FA a lesson. Bring them to court!.

I'm furious over this.

This is outrageous. It's a farce!

Ashley Cole can shoot somebody and nothing is done. The majority of West Ham fans can sing disgraceful chants about Rooney's wife and child and nothing is done. Swearing? Listen to what the West Ham fans were chanting for christsakess, live on TV!?!

Rooney should retire from the England team, that would teach the FA a lesson. Bring them to court!.

I'm furious over this.

One rule for United and none for the other clubs,even Alan Shearer said he's apologiesed just move on .As usual media and FA now run by a Bitter cant wait to put the knife in.Talksport (wankers) just love sticking the boot in on United at every possible chance. Good job Skyfan camera's wernt on me Saturday especially goal no3 the biggest tourettes moment ever and i should receive a life ban for it ! rant over for now.

If the FA were really going to crack down on this i'd perhaps be OK with it... but you lipread players swearing when they turn their backs on refs. Is it OK to tell someone to feck Off but not allowed to swear when venting frustration.

The irony of it all is that fans (of all ages) of all 20 clubs swore when he scored the Penalty... we (and perhaps a few other relegation battlers) were shouting "Get the feck in" whilst the rest where cursing at us for coming back from 2-0 down.

It's ludicrious!

Carragher can cut Nani in two with one of the worst 'tackles' in Premiership history and get away with it scot-free, but Rooney swearing? We can't have that.

Are the FA a bunch of people who we don't see who are answerable to nobody? Their decisions cannot be contested under any circumstances? As i said, Rooney should pull out of the England squad, pull out of any commerical FA gigs and United should consider bringing the FA to court.

"we've submitted our case" is all Fergie has said about charge in Presser.

it will be thrown out i bet.... there's not a chance in hell that the FA are going to set a charge on something like this then back down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back