Ronaldo Has Left - He's gone and it's the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's renowned for being the worst reporter on United and creating clickbait. If Romano had said it or skysports had an article on it that didn't quote Castles I could understand.

I make it 4/6 Ronaldo calls out the media tomorrow and 6/4 Castle got a dart right.

We could certainly do without the drama so it needs tidying up either way.

Could Milan afford those wages? I doubt it.

As for replacements, no way is Lewandowski coming, he's going to Barca if anywhere. Besides the money Bayern want is ridiculous.

Unfortunately we, and it looks our board have no idea who's coming or going.

I'm guessing we stick with Martial and Rashford. Don't see the point in throwing money away on Ings etc. Is he really any better than Martial?

Ronaldo needs to say. The BBC don't quote Castles

United really don't have the funds this year to replace Ronaldo so ultimately they need him to stay and they need to convince him that they can compete for a trophy this year.

No where reputable is reporting Ronaldo wants to leave. It's Castles fcol.

However if we imagine it's real. Lewondoski isn't joining us. De Jong is joining us to open space for him to join Barca. Our best option would be to go in for Ings or Toney.
Ings? We would be slating him within the month. Not good enough.

Many sources are running with the story and not quoting Castles (who I agree is an awful source). Castles just happened to be the one that ‘broke’ the story.

I’ve always thought Ronaldo may want out after last season. He may love the club but he doesn’t really owe us anything, the guy is coming to the end of his career and he’s always been battling for the biggest trophies. Don’t blame him for wanting to go somewhere who can offer him that.

I think it would be good for the team for him to go. But only if we actually bought some CM/RW/CB
New set up at United. Same old incompetence

I think it would be good for the team for him to go. But only if we actually bought some CM/RW/CB
New set up at United. Same old incompetence
We are trying to get those deals over the line. I would only be cranky if we weren’t looking like doing any business.

This Ronaldo talk is perhaps a bolt from the blue as well, I seem to remember a little while ago saying he was happy here.

The FDJ deal looks more and more like an error to me. He'd rather stay at Barca and they don't really want to sell him

The FDJ deal looks more and more like an error to me. He'd rather stay at Barca and they don't really want to sell him
I think they need to sell him. It does not matter what they say, owners lie, you would think supporting United we would all understand that.

It is all politics he’s been told take a pay cut or go makes the president look good to fans but they see through it. Ignores the fact the reality is if he stays he won’t be taking a pay cut because he has no obligation to do that.

I think in an ideal world De Jong would like to stay at Barca but he knows the situation will be made tough for him if he stays as the club will paint him to be a bad guy.

It is about how he wants to deal with that situation if he comes to us with an F U guys let me show you what you are missing then great.

Barca have just sold 10% of their TV revenue for 25 years to private investors for €207m in what is effectively a pay day loan to keep the club from going bust. At the current prices over 25 years this will lose them €400m in revenues and if the deals go up that figure goes up. They are hoping to sell another 15% for €400m that deal would lose them €600m over 25 years. This money doesn’t allow them to spend it on players it just gets their insane debt under control.

If they want to sign anyone this summer they have to sell De Jong.

Meanwhile, back in the Ronaldo to leave? thread.

He's going to Australia whether he likes it or not, then we'll probably just terminate his contract after the tour and let him do his bitching and moaning at a club of his choice. Still a Ledge though.

Still not sure how to read this one I know Castles is a bit of a WUM but it's well known he's got the ear on Mendes and I don't think he'd be putting something out like this without getting the nod from his number 1 guy.

Why it's been done is up for debate to me there's 2 scenarios.

1) Ronaldo has interest from another club and wants to force the move as he realises now is not the time to be part of a rebuild project and at his age the premier league is going to demand a lot from his body.

2) They are trying to leverage the club into activating that option year early to give him the security of a 2 year contract. If you want me to be part of the rebuild then show me you want me and tie me down for another two years. He wants the assurance from the new boss that he's going to be the main man and a critical part of the rebuild.

I feel it's probably number 1.

Not turned up for training.....family reasons :rolleyes:

Ronaldo must know someone wants him, or he wouldn't do this. Lets just sell, good business for us.

Not turned up for training.....family reasons :rolleyes:

Ronaldo must know someone wants him, or he wouldn't do this. Lets just sell, good business for us.

Think there's a few who were given extended breaks.

Ronaldo's family suffered a huge heartbreak during the season with the death of his child during birth so I expect they always intended to give him a longer break.

It's only good business if he's replaced? If he goes where are the goals coming from? Leaves us with Rashford/Sancho/Martial/Elanga as our attacking options next season.

I read a report we would get Antony, so I guess that would push Rashford through the middle.

He wasn't given extended break, he was due in this morning. The club have accepted his reasons, but I guess they have to PR wise.

Fair enough I thought I read something a few weeks back saying Ronaldo and Maguire had been given extra time off this summer and weren't expected back until Wednesday.

I guess we don't know what personal reasons really mean so shouldn't pre-judge it but sounds very much like the Lukaku situation a few years ago where he never really got involved with pre season and eventually left.

If he does want out it needs sorting quickly don't let it drag on and you hope he isn't doing this without an acceptable destination in mind.

Maybe it one of these cards need to fall into place. Utd get De Jong which means Barca can get Lewendowski and Ronaldo goes to Bayern. Still think it's an odd signing for them but it's something that at least makes sense if he's willing to go there.

Bundesliga is a much easier schedule for him to cope with only 1 domestic cup and only 34 league games to play in a team that dominates so he can just stand in the box and bang in goals like Lewendowski did for them.

I'm sure it has, guess Inter don't want him anymore now they've got Lukaku and look like they'll be keeping Martinez.

I'd be gutted if we go for Dybala probably won't be long before Morata links start as well he seems to be the guy who gets shipped in to every top club that are desperate for a striker. Juventus have just sent him back to Atletico so they're desperate to shift him on. Two guys who just never lived up to the hype around them good players but not great players.

Atletico bit like Barca have got FFP problems which they need to sort out do we try and go for Felix and see if we get a bite there would be a lot of money but that lad is a great talent. He might be worth a big gamble if Utd have got some rainy day money to spend.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I would be surprised if he wanted to join Chelsea but I can see why they might be interested new owners wanting to send out a message and make a statement signing. Doubt Tuchel would want him he’s just had the headaches with Lukaku.

Seems a very strange sideways more for him as Chelsea have as much chance of winning trophies as us next season just don’t see the appeal for him.

Their chance of winning the champions league is 100% more than ours.

I’d argue it’s the same 0%

Their defence is in tatters and Kante‘s legs are going they fluked a win a few years back but that teams got worse and their rivals got better.

I think they’ll struggle to make the top 4 next season.

I’d argue it’s the same 0%

Their defence is in tatters and Kante‘s legs are going they fluked a win a few years back but that teams got worse and their rivals got better.

I think they’ll struggle to make the top 4 next season.
I wouldn't disagree with that. I think they'll finish 5th this year. Just behind Arsenal.

Anybody still wanting Ronaldo to be named Captain?

Trying the trick they used on us last summer?

Lets be honest this is the last thing the new boss and new regime needed this summer at least Mane had the class to tell Liverpool early that he wanted to go, Ronaldo has sat on this for 6 weeks as far as we know leaving Utd in a right hole.

All the noise 6 weeks ago seemed to be that he was happy to stay and try and help us out of this mess now 2 days before pre season it comes out actually he isn't interested and he wants to leave.

Probably means another quick fix striker signing which have become the norm over the last decade really.

MEN reporting Ronaldo isn't happy that he's got to take a 25% pay cut this season.

All player contracts include a clause meaning if the club doesn't qualify for the champions league your basic pay drops by 25%.

That could be the angle all along lets get a new deal agreed get that extra year option sorted 2 years and my salary goes back up to what it was last season because I'm Ronaldo.

MEN reporting Ronaldo isn't happy that he's got to take a 25% pay cut this season.

All player contracts include a clause meaning if the club doesn't qualify for the champions league your basic pay drops by 25%.

That could be the angle all along lets get a new deal agreed get that extra year option sorted 2 years and my salary goes back up to what it was last season because I'm Ronaldo.
I'd be p*ssed off too if I had to settle for ~£375k per week.

I'd be p*ssed off too if I had to settle for ~£375k per week.

It is all relative yes he has loads of money but a 25% pay cut is still going to annoy you especially if you feel you did everything you were asked and the rest of the team didn't.

£6.5m is a hell of chunk of change to suddenly find out you won't be earning next year.

I really hope Ronaldo wanting to leave doesn't foul up the transfer plans. I hope we are not so narrow minded not to have someone lined up to replace him, even if it is a year early.

Just hope if he does leave then it isn’t dragged on for ages. It’s obviously not easy to find a new club for someone on such mammoth wages but that’s what the agents job is for.

I presume we were planning for Ronaldo to be here one more season with Martial/Rashford as the back up strikers to fill in when needed. Then we look for a new striker next summer.

I guess we probably put out some feelers out on signing Haaland as well. So I think the planning has probably already started but sometimes you have to wait for the right players to come along.

Think there's certainly been rumblings about this one for a few weeks it always felt a little uncertain but whatever is happening now stay or go it needs to be dealt with quickly.

Either they sort it out and he stays and goes off on the tour with the first team or they sort out his transfer as quickly as possible and get him away from the club and deal with the fall out.

We've not really heard much from Ten Hag so far since he arrived his focus seems to be on the training which is good he's not really had to face the media yet but I guess he'll want this one sorted either way before he's thrown in front of the worlds media. We don't want this lingering over us for all of pre season.

A part of me wants the club to hold Ronaldo to his contract and have him train with the Reserves for the season and only use him in an emergency, a slightly bigger part of me wants the club to just stick him on E-Bay and sell to the first club that makes an offer.

Not sure how Rashford could look him in the eye, as how they look at the World is poles apart.

Just a point to those questioning his attitude towards receiving a pay cut lets not forget our owners still took their dividend payment despite a terrible year in terms of performance.

A culture in any organisation stems from the very top.

How anybody can defend Ronaldo in this situation is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back