Reserves: Bolton Wanderers vs. Manchester United

Bolton Wanderers take on Manchester United on Thursday evening, at The County Ground, kick off 7.00pm. The home team have lost six of their opening fixtures including a 7-0 defeat to Fulham. In last season's Manchester Senior Cup final United defeated Bolton 3-1 with goals coming Ajose, Reece Brown and Petrucci.

Looking at Bolton's form, Macheda should get a chance to gain some form. We could have a field day if Morrison starts.

Ye also hoping Ravel will be in volved tonight. Finally MUFC related football is back! Its been too long! Hate the international break although I think this time it was a good thing for our team...chance for our lads to pick themselves up from our poor form a few weeks ago and get ready for Anfield. Still the biggest game of our season! Its the derby of all derbies for me. Hope the lads can do the business. Its been a while since we've won there.

Would like to see a couple of these lads in action tonight...Amos, Reece, Cole, Mmarnick, Fryers, Ravel, Petrucci, James and Big John Cofie. He's been in brilliant form at the beginning of the season but seams to have taken a step back. Hope he can get back amongst the goals tonight if he's involved. Really rate him as a striker.

And Pogba as well although I think he'll be involved in the Carling Cup against Aldershot. Can't wait for that game. Another chance to see our youngsters shine. Let's hope Fergie gives some of these kids a chance and its up to then to grab that chance. Feel sorry for Kiko. I really do hope the lad gets some gametime soon. So tough being a striker at this club...

Team: Amos; Vermijl, Fryers, Fornasier, Keane (M); Brown, Pogba, Petrucci; Diouf, Keane (W), Macheda
Subs: Coll, McGinty, Thorpe, Morrison, Cofie

Team: Amos; Vermijl, Fryers, Fornasier, Keane (M); Brown, Pogba, Petrucci; Diouf, Keane (W), Macheda
Subs: Coll, McGinty, Thorpe, Morrison, Cofie

Macheda has struggled to get involved, Keane more so, the pitch is cutting up quite a bit. Their left winger has given vermijl a few problems. Pogba has been the standout player. Fryers hit the ground bloody hard no surprise he had to go off.

What a goal Morrison! 1-0 United, Morrison. Wonderful goal in the final minute to win a poor football match. Vermijl with the assist.

Not seen it but Fergie needs to take Ravel down to Aldershot with him surely. What a star. Too good for this level.

I'd heard Macheda was playing well and working very hard, seems to be a general consensus on twitter.

Made a massive difference when he came on we were missing someone creative in the middle. Will Keane didnt offer anything in any build up play this time around. Macheda did better in the second half, worked hard in a strange position.

Reserves games seem to be more about getting players playing in different positions now. Like last season, King was playing out wide a lot. This season we've seen Cole at RB. Diouf and Macheda in wide areas. Will Keane sounds like he was playing deeper tonight in a Rooney sort of position.

Seen Ravel's goal. Can't wait to see him in the first team. Imagine Ravel and Welbeck as our 2 forwards, 2 Mancunians spearheading the attack, when was the last time that happened...

Just seen Ravel's goal from tonight's game! What a hit! Absoltute cracker! And with his left foot as well! Wow this lad has something special and its not the 1st time I've seen him do something like this. I just hope Fergie gives hima chance and hopefully soon...maybe even against Aldershot? Why not!? Also hope he keeps his head down, works hard and stays out of trouble. If he can do that he'll be a huge asset for us. Can't wait for Saturday's game!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back