Premier League: Man Utd vs Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Not seen any updates on injuries but we know Herrera & Fellaini are out I haven’t seen return dates for Rojo & Jones.

Rashford & Bailly are back in contention for starting spots, assume Carrick is also available if required. Haven’t seen anything about why Shaw wasn’t in squad for Sevilla assume it was rotation rather than injured.

I think he will go for a 4-3-3

De Gea

Lindelof Smalling Bailly Shaw

Matic Carrick Pogba

Martial Lukaku Sanchez

I think he might put Lindelof in at RB with Matic on the right of the 3 to try and shackle Hazard who will probably start from the left, will he go full man marking like last season? Guess the issue with that is Hazard could start as the centre forward which means we can’t man mark him and I think Hazard will know what to do if it happens this time.

Plenty of speed in that defence to push up high and hopefully the team can push up and force Chelsea to play long don’t let them play out from the back.

Score prediction 3-1 Utd

I’m feeling optimistic for some reason

Managers press conference confirms he’s not expecting any injured players back tomorrow.

Out

Jones
Rojo
Fellaini
Herrera
Zlatan
Blind

Not necessarily missing starting players but does limit us off the bench maybe causes a few issues at the back, can we risk Bailly from the start?

Liverpool are on fire at the minute, Spurs winning a lot. I can see it being a straight shootout between us and Chelsea for 4th. Which makes a win either way today massive

Form comes and goes we’ve been in a slump as have Chelsea but Spurs/Liverpool have been on fire which has eroded both clubs lead over the chasing pack that can change back around quickly in football either through injury or a tough run of games or players losing form.

Utd/Chelsea to me look like teams who aren’t on the same wavelength as their managers there’s clearly problems and different people are pulling different ways at Spurs/Liverpool it’s the opposite took them a while to get up to speed but now they look almost unstoppable. What happens if Kane or Salah get injured?

Utd have got to all start pulling together as a team again all the me me me attitude from manager and players has got to stop otherwise we will continue to slide somehow somewhere egos have got to be put away all talk of contracts, transfers, tactics and just get on with the job together.

Team: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Lindelof, Young, Matic, McTominay, Pogba, Martial, Lukaku, Sanchez.

Line up

De Gea

Valencia Smalling Lindelof Young

McTominay Matic Pogba

Martial Lukaku Sanchez

Subs J Periera, Bailly, Shaw, Carrick, Mata, Lingard, Rashford

Right it looks like a straight 4-3-3. Martial Lukaku Sanchez start. Mourinho now is doing what everyone has been asking lets see if it produces.

Right it looks like a straight 4-3-3. Martial Lukaku Sanchez start. Mourinho now is doing what everyone has been asking lets see if it produces.

Apart from playing Young ahead of Shaw I’d say this is basically what people want.

Be interesting to see if the wide forwards swap over at all during the game and Utd should be able to dominate the ball with 3 in midfield.

Could be a tough afternoon for Lukaku up against 3 defenders he needs the wide players to stretch out the back 3 and help him find spaces between them.

Going to need a few goals today as I can’t see that back 4 keeping a clean sheet against that attack.

I like the team but Matic needs to turn up today. Another baptism of fire for McTominay. If we had Herrera in there I'd be more confident.

Don't know why I thought Tottenham went above us today with a win before we played. Just seen they're still behind us.

Should be 1-0 down very lucky to ride the first 5 mins. This formation has left Sanchez Lukaku and Martial just doing nothing/our play and not getting the ball forward. Matic can't find a forward pass and Pogba isn't offering anything

Such slow boring LVG style build up play. Nothing new I guess. Nobody is even moving to try and get a pass. So static.

Nothing irritates me more in the world at the moment than Lukaku's first touch.

Why is Pogba so f*cking slow at releasing the ball. Three times now he should have released Martial and just waited and waited so annoying. Between that and Lukaku's first touch i'm already on the verge of throwing things.

On another note we've been much better

Lol.
Only just realised Martial is left and Sanchez right. Bout time too

Just take Lukaku off ffs. That's what 6 times he's given the ball away with his first or second touch?

Even in the build up to that his first touch was so poor his second was a header!

We have been desperately poor. Lucky to be in at 1-1.

For all Young’s good performances earlier on in the season he has to be taken out for Shaw now. His insistence on coming back inside would be fine if he could deliver a decent cross but he’s not. Shaw would be much more effective running at the full back, even getting a corner would help us.

Needs to get better in the 2nd half or Chelsea is going to take it.

Do other teams players just stand still when their teams on the ball or is it just ours?

Pogba just made an absoltely delightful flick. Martial wasn't on the wavelength.

Pogba has started this half like he's remember he's a world class central midfielder. Best 7 minutes he's had in months.

Static Utd!

Why do we stand like statues when we have the ball. It's so frustrating. Nobody looks interested.

No Surprise either, Martiall off. Why not Sanchez, he's been as poor as anyone on the pitch. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back