Premier League 2023/24: Man United vs Crystal Palace - Sat 30th Sept - 15:00 KO

I do wonder where the goals are going to come from. Rashford is in awful form, Hojlund is inexperienced and raw and Pellistri is ordinary.

Regarding goals, buying another striker will not greatly improve our goal return, what we need is to regularly create clear cut chances to score.
We need a player who's a bit better in the head, and has a bit more control and touch.

He was an odd signing considering we needed someone ready. Martial again looked an improvement when he came on. He needs time and training, not thrown in the deep end.

I don't see our style either, and that final ball is woeful

It's worrying

I think United did in the summer what United have done every other year after Sir Alex left. They had a chance to really go after the top teams but instead they failed to do the business they needed to do. Get CL football and then miss the opportunity to really build on that. The signings this year either weren’t good enough or were as a result of years of poor squad management.

I think United did in the summer what United have done every other year after Sir Alex left. They had a chance to really go after the top teams but instead they failed to do the business they needed to do. Get CL football and then miss the opportunity to really build on that. The signings this year either weren’t good enough or were as a result of years of poor squad management.

Every summer is the same if you can’t shift current players you can’t buy new ones. He might solve 3 problems but he ends up leaving 2 or 3 unsolved.

Until he clears out the players he clearly doesn’t rate and is able to replace them with players he does things won’t change.

It took Arsenal 3 seasons to go through this process with Arteta I think it’ll probably take us the same sort of time with Ten Hag.

Hojlund in my opinion for a kid looks very good and the goals will come for him

Sorry, but we spent over 150m, on the wrong players. Should have done better

I haven't seen anything that says Hojlund will be very good. So I don't know what you're looking at

Not writing him off, but looks a level too far at the moment

Sorry, but we spent over 150m, on the wrong players. Should have done better

I haven't seen anything that says Hojlund will be very good. So I don't know what you're looking at

Not writing him off, but looks a level too far at the moment

How would you have spent the money to address all these problems? You assume players like Kane, Rice, Bellingham and Osihmen want to join us. I get the feeling any top player is staying well clear of this mess as they’ve got better options on the table.

He is 20 years old and playing in a very average looking side but in every game he’s played he’s been a threat. Yesterday he had one off the line and a near post header straight at the keeper. He’s very quick for a lad his size, he gets stuck in, he presses from the front and he is linking with others.

There is a long way to go but I think Utd have found themselves a striker with plenty of potential and if we can nurture that he could be a top player. At his age Kane was out on loan in the championship.

But even the one off the line, it's scrappy, no control, he's not ready for this level

I'd rather we bought one quality player, rather than 3 we don't need or who aren't ready, or not good enough

But even the one off the line, it's scrappy, no control, he's not ready for this level

I'd rather we bought one quality player, rather than 3 we don't need or who aren't ready, or not good enough

I dunno what else he could do with that chance wasn’t really a way to get power behind it, he beat the keeper but the defender did well to get back and clear it.

1 quality player would not solve our problems. Drop Kane or Osihmen or Bellingham into last seasons squad and we’d still have the exact same issues.

The only signing from this summer I’m worried about is Mount. I really don’t see where he fits but he’s looked better in the last 2 games than he did in his openers.

Strange starting XI, even stranger substitutions ....

Get beat on Tuesday and EtH is out the door.

It was baffling why Hannibal didn’t get a minute in this game. Not saying he was the only reason why we had two wins in a row but he definitely contributed. To see VDB on ahead of him was even more baffling.

Also Amrabat at left back was fine against a second team Palace but I think ETH should have known a full strength Palace would be a totally different proposition. We aren’t good enough in other areas to have a hybrid left back in a more competitive game. Obviously we are struggling with injuries but he had other options.

There was a lot of players who had an off day but I think the manager also had one.

It was baffling why Hannibal didn’t get a minute in this game. Not saying he was the only reason why we had two wins in a row but he definitely contributed. To see VDB on ahead of him was even more baffling.

Also Amrabat at left back was fine against a second team Palace but I think ETH should have known a full strength Palace would be a totally different proposition. We aren’t good enough in other areas to have a hybrid left back in a more competitive game. Obviously we are struggling with injuries but he had other options.

There was a lot of players who had an off day but I think the manager also had one.

Guessing he felt 3 starts in a week was to much for the youngster but was odd not to see him coming off the bench ahead of VDB.

Who are the other options at left back? His only option is to play Dalot left back but then he's probably playing either Lindelof at right back or Amrabat at right back.

How would you have spent the money to address all these problems?
Well don’t waste, sort spend, £60M on Mount. He wasn’t what they needed in terms of position and he’s not actually very good. And that’s not based off this season I’ve watched him over the last couple of years and never seen the fuss.

Well don’t waste, sort spend, £60M on Mount. He wasn’t what they needed in terms of position and he’s not actually very good. And that’s not based off this season I’ve watched him over the last couple of years and never seen the fuss.

Who was available at that price that you’d have taken instead?

Well rather than buy mediocre players learn your lessons.

But who?

This is what annoys me, everyone wants to slag off Mount but Utd had to buy someone to reinforce the midfield options.

You have said he’s a bad buy but who could we have realistically got for that money?

You have said he’s a bad buy but who could we have realistically got for that money?
This is what annoys me, and it's why we are in the state we are. Poor purchases because we have no money.
Buy one good player not 3 crap ones.

Although mount has looked good last 2 games.

But what we do in the transfer market is nothing short of terrible

But who?

This is what annoys me, everyone wants to slag off Mount but Utd had to buy someone to reinforce the midfield options.

I don’t know I’m sure there were other options out there. That’s why you have a scouting department surely? What about the guy City signed from Wolves?

This is what annoys me, and it's why we are in the state we are. Poor purchases because we have no money.
Buy one good player not 3 crap ones.

Although mount has looked good last 2 games.

But what we do in the transfer market is nothing short of terrible

Have we bought 3 crap ones though? The keeper is looking dodgy no doubt 10 games in alarm bells are ringing big time on him.

Mount has made an ok start, Hojlund looks very good and Amrabat can’t really be judged yet.

We could have blown the entire budget on Kane it won’t stop the shambles at the back and our midfield being a mess.

We haven't improved our starting 11, and that's the minimum when you're chasing

I don’t know I’m sure there were other options out there. That’s why you have a scouting department surely? What about the guy City signed from Wolves?

The scouting department seem to have picked Mount who’s just had a couple of good games.

The guy who’s so good you don’t even know his name? He isn’t really what we needed similar to Mount in many ways. A handy player but doesn’t fix our problems.

Nunes did nothing last season for Wolves. If we had spunked £50m on him then no doubt there would have been criticism of him as well.

We haven't improved our starting 11, and that's the minimum when you're chasing

Onana Vs DDG - no improvement
Mount Vs Eriksen - to early to judge
Hojlund Vs Martial - massive improvement.
Amrabat Vs Fred - need to see him play centre mid to judge it.

I don't think Hojlund is a massive improvement.

But what your saying is, the one position we improved was CF, yet we're still struggling to score.

The onana money was a complete waste, Mount we didn't need when we have that player, Amrabat is a loan, but imagine he's a casemiro replacement. Or are mount and amrambat playing?

It's a shambles, as all our transfer windows, must have been 10 years we were going to get a dof

Martial has 4 or 5 good games a season and dines out on it. Hojlund looks a much better player he has made an impact in every game he’s played whereas Martial has struggled to impact the majority of games he’s played in the last 3 years. Injuries have finished him.

Yet we're still struggling to score, the one position we improved

Think it’s 3 goals in 6 starts plus he’s had 2 ruled out 1 just offside and 1 ball just out of play.

I don’t think we can blame him for our wingers not making much contribution in the league.

I'm not, what's the point in improving a position we can't service.
We all slagged off Martial and Rashford for not scoring, and Ronaldo under ETH. Maybe the problem wasn't the striker

1 billion we've spent and we're terrible. 7 league goals.

We got a worse goalkeeper because he's better with his feet. No goals from anything the keeper has done so far, at least not in the opponent's net.

Mount, who had looked ok, but we didn't need mount.

The club is run so badly. We now have a new set of players we need to move on, but we won't be able to

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back