Premier League 2022/23: Liverpool vs Man Utd ~ Sun 5th Mar 4.30pm KO

jsp

Big Games keep on coming for Utd and Ten Hag will probably be a bit annoyed he had to put on some of his big guns in the second half last night to get the job done. Liverpool also played in midweek beating Wolves 2-0 at home a result that keeps them within touching distance of the top 4.

There's a few of the injured players starting to come back for Liverpool last night Nunez was back and Jota recently returned as well. Konate returned in defence which is a big boost for them as Gomez was making a lot of mistakes. Midfield is the issue for them and for the first time in a long time Utd probably look like they've got Liverpool's number in that part of the pitch.

Selection wise it didn't look like anyone picked up any injuries last night, Sancho was ill last night and Shaw had a knock so we might need to wait and see if either of them are fit for the weekend. Martial seems to have been close to a return for about a month so who knows if he'll rock up on the bench.

DDG

AWB Varane Martinez Shaw

Casemiro Fred

Anthony Bruno Rashford

Weghorst

I think it'll be Fred over Sabitzer and hopefully Rashford can do his usual trick of having TAA on toast.

A win at Anfield is long over due in my opinion 2015/16 was the last time we won there in the league

I don't think he'll be angry about bringing players on. He said in the interview just before kick off he would bring Rashford on.

We'll need to improve from last night to get anything at Anfield.

Think his starting 11 is easy to guess

I would be surprised if the game isn’t a cracker. And hopefully we can come away with the points.
Martinez, Bruno and Casemiro will need to keep themselves in control and not get red carded as I can see it getting a bit tasty

Hate this fixture. Hate that club. Hate that ground. Hate the sight of them signing that cringeworthy song and pretending like this means more. Hate their gurning manager with his fake teeth and stupid excuses. Hate everything about those Scouse bastards, and most of all, hate losing to them. Don’t care how, just win baby. The more it hurts them, the better.
Have I mentioned just how much I hate this fixture? Despite everything we've accomplished this season, it will feel extremely deflating to lose to this lot, especially considering how many poor sides have gone there and got something.

AwB stabbing a last minute winner into the roof of the net at the Kop end, a la John O'Shea? 16 years almost to the day.

United have had lots of big games recently. I do worry that this game is one big game too many in a short period of time.

United have had lots of big games recently. I do worry that this game is one big game too many in a short period of time.
There is that. At least in Casemiro, Varane, Wout, Rashford, Dave, Shaw and Lisandro we have a backbone who won't be phased by Anfield. Please, let's not give them an easy start.

Varane faces a fitness test according to twitter.

Just want us to play well, been years since we went to Anfield and gave them a proper game.

They are weak this season but we know they’ll be bang up for this one but Madrid showed a good side can pick them apart and Utd should be thinking they can do that. See off that early wave of energy then pick them off.

It’s going to be a very tough game. I have no doubts Liverpool will start fast but we’ve got to weather an early storm.

Rashford up against TAA, should add a goal or two to his tally

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Real sucker punch from them at the end of the half. We have been far far better but have lacked that killer instinct so far.

I do really prefer AWB to Dalot at the moment. I think in terms of defending its chalk and cheese.

even half they had their spell we had ours but conceding that goal is just stupid.

3 players sell themselves by making rash decisions. Dalot, Fred then Varane all over commit and make the decision for the Liverpool players an easy one. Fred should just stay narrow and make sure that ball goes wide he cannot let it go inside him.

You knew Gakpo would score against us.

Every reason I hate this fixture. Thought Bruno's header was in. I yelled. Thought Rashford would score. I yelled. Thought Casemiro's header would count. I yelled.

And just like that, one ball inside Dalot and we're undeservedly behind. We weathered the early storm rather well without conceding as much as a shot on target, and should've been ahead before getting sucker punched. Speaking of which, there is something very punchable about Salah's face. Just can't stand him. ARGGHHH!!!

Casemiro is either injured or he had 10 pints last night.

Absolutely folded like a deck chair here

We have done everything you don’t do against Liverpool.

You can’t start the half in first gear.
You can’t go half arsed into tackles
You can’t play sloppy passes.

They will stick 5 past us here our heads have gone and we’ve let these lot get right on top of us.

Bloody hell. This has been horrific in this second half. As bad a period since Brentford and it had to be against these feckers!

Humiliating, but I do think we've been lucky with wins recently. A grounding

Didn’t expect a drubbing but I had a bad feeling about today. Three games a week since the WC and today we’ve looked tired both physically and mentally. ETH has got to just pick the boys back up and move on - these results can happen from time to time.

It does also prove we do have a way to go to really be in a title race. We’re getting there but improvements still need to be made.

These results can happen very hard to regain your heads when the game has gone but this will end up being 7 or 8 they’ve totally given up and you can see there’s nothing left in the legs.

The results yesterday made me think it’ll be Liverpool’s day everyone they’re chasing lost and Utd I think looked poor midweek.

I think Bruno has been a disgrace in the second half. You cannot ask to be subbed.

I think Bruno has been a disgrace in the second half. You cannot ask to be subbed.
Yep when we are losing, he is just the absolute worst. Terrible terrible example he sets as a captain when it’s not going his way.

Yep when we are losing, he is just the absolute worst. Terrible terrible example he sets as a captain when it’s not going his way.
That behaviour was not befitting from the captain of our club. He stopped trying in the second half, where was the fight till I die attitude. A knee jerk reaction but I'd strip him of the captaincy for that.

You get these results from time to time. Villa scoring 7 against Liverpool, Leicester getting 6 at the Etihad etc. Doesn’t make it any easier to digest but meh we’ve got to move on.

Hope ETH absolutely rips them a new one after this. It was just dreadful and I honestly thought we had got these mentally weak games out of our system.

Got to go again against Betis and just put this behind us.

I was worried that mentally this was one big game too many in a short period. Didn’t expect to get battered 7-0 mind. Bad day at the office. Thankfully the next game is at Old Trafford.

That behaviour was not befitting from the captain of our club. He stopped trying in the second half, where was the fight till I die attitude. A knee jerk reaction but I'd strip him of the captaincy for that.
He showed this last season, I'm not sure he will make the revolution

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back