Premier League 2021/22: Man Utd vs Aston Villa ~ Sat 25th Sep 12.30 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Annoyingly game moved to 12.30 due to a concert over the road and won't be shown on TV for those of us that require that service so it'll be the "radio" for me.

Team news wise for Utd still to early for Rashford and we probably are waiting on Cavani but don't expect him to feature either.

For Villa Tuanzebe can't play due to his loan arrangement and Leon Bailey is ruled out but McGinn can play after he can off with a potential concussion last week he's been cleared.

Villa were a good side last season but they'll have been rocked by the loss of their talisman but they've spent the money well on paper so going to be a difficult game but these are games we have to really be winning.

See no reason why we shouldn't go full strength I think he'll want to be solid in midfield against Villa so expect Pogba to go back to that role on the left and as Sancho played the full 90 midweek I think we'll see Greenwood come in.

Predicted XI

DDG

AWB Varane Maguire Shaw

Fred McTominay

Greenwood Bruno Pogba

Ronaldo

Oh pretty rubbish it’s not on TV.

A real blow to lose Grealish but they still play some nice football and that 3-0 defeat to Chelsea was closer than that score line suggests. Will be a real challenge but we need six points from the next two home games to go into the international break in good shape.

Yep fortress Old Trafford needs to come back after the dreadful record at home last season teams need to start fearing us again.

Hopefully the place will be bouncing even with the early kick off and the reds can keep up the great home record in the league.

Good that Cavani is back shame we didn't have him in midweek hopefully he'll be back on the bench tomorrow.

If you want to win titles these are the games you need to take the points in yes Villa are a good side but they're still a mid table side and if you want to be on top you need to be beating the mid table sides.

Chelsea vs City this weekend as well so at least one of the rivals will be dropping points so it's important that Utd don't waste the opportunity to capitalise.

Annoyingly game moved to 12.30 due to a concert over the road and won't be shown on TV for those of us that require that service so it'll be the "radio" for me.

Team news wise for Utd still to early for Rashford and we probably are waiting on Cavani but don't expect him to feature either.

For Villa Tuanzebe can't play due to his loan arrangement and Leon Bailey is ruled out but McGinn can play after he can off with a potential concussion last week he's been cleared.

Villa were a good side last season but they'll have been rocked by the loss of their talisman but they've spent the money well on paper so going to be a difficult game but these are games we have to really be winning.

See no reason why we shouldn't go full strength I think he'll want to be solid in midfield against Villa so expect Pogba to go back to that role on the left and as Sancho played the full 90 midweek I think we'll see Greenwood come in.

Predicted XI

DDG

AWB Varane Maguire Shaw

Fred McTominay

Greenwood Bruno Pogba

Ronaldo
not sure it's even on the radio - possibly TalkShite...
Cavani available - let's hope he gets some game time

I was listening to Carl Anka talking about the 2-2-6 formation we've been playing when we have the ball, and how Maguire's new responsibilities probably explain his struggles so far this season, however once they get comfortable with the system, things should tighten up. We've conceded 4 goals so far which is 3 more than all our title rivals, so I'd be looking for 3 points and a clean sheet.

Also complete BS that this isn't on tv. And they wonder why illegal streaming is so prevalent.

Of the 4 goals we’ve conceded so far this season 3 are from outside the box one was nominated for goal of the month and 2 took huge deflections to beat the keeper.

Going to be a tough one this for United. Newcastle gave United issues in the first half 2 weeks ago and were a threat on the break. That's how villa like to play so it is going to be a tough game. United will have most of the ball but can they break Villa down? They should that's for sure.

Of the 4 goals we’ve conceded so far this season 3 are from outside the box one was nominated for goal of the month and 2 took huge deflections to beat the keeper.
We've also conceded great chances to some not so great teams, which on account of the afore mentioned, they've missed.

Sounds like an horrendous performance on the radio.

Would bet good money we won’t score.

Sounds awful from what I’ve read online most people saying Villa deserved the win.

Loads of the ball but barely created a decent chance in the entire game.

100% deserved result. Villa came to OT, played us off the park, and 1-0 flattered us. We were clueless in attack, and didn't create anything, despite Villa attacking the entire match. Fred, McTominay and AWB were useless. One of Bruno or Pogba needs to start, not both. Ole has a lot of work to do.

Glad it wasn’t on bloody TV! Sounds like an awful performance.

It’s like we have loaded the team with great players but they still don’t really know what they are doing half the time!

One word: appalling. In a few more: we've got players in, we've spent money - when are the board going to look at the real problem: the manager and coaching staff might no be good enough for top teams in the championship

Thoughts on the goal. Offside?

Given that Watkins is holding the keeper in an offside position surely he’s interfering with play.

This is what happens when you expect the players to make it up as they go along.

If Ole knew how he wanted the team to play, he'd have implemented his plan by now.

This is what happens when you expect the players to make it up as they go along.

If Ole knew how he wanted the team to play, he'd have implemented his plan by now.

Yep it would be lesson number 1 on day number 1.

There must be some sort of tactical training going on but it’s really hard to see what it is

Thoughts on the goal. Offside?

Given that Watkins is holding the keeper in an offside position surely he’s interfering with play.
Definitely offside. Standing right in front of DDG. have to say, on first viewing I wondered why David hadn't saved it - then you could see why. I presume the genius watching VAR had popped out for a sandwich

Definitely offside. Standing right in front of DDG. have to say, on first viewing I wondered why David hadn't saved it - then you could see why. I presume the genius watching VAR had popped out for a sandwich

For me De Gea didn't make a big enough song and dance about it to draw the attention to it any other keeper is going straight up to the ref or linesman flapping saying he's stood right in front of me. All I'd say is De Gea maybe didn't realise he was offside and probably didn't think he'd been fouled.

I don't think it blocked his view but Watkins presence certainly distracted the keeper from being able to make the save as he's wrestling with him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back