Premier League 2020/21 Man Utd vs Chelsea Sat 24th Oct 17.30 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see the transfer market recovering to anything like it was for a few more years until stadiums are full again and the world economy recovers.

If we decide to sell just take whatever we can get and move on we won’t be able to hold out for a higher price because of his contract but the market for a player like Pogba is small.

Back on topic the home form is worrying think it’s 5 home games since we’ve won at home 3 draws and 2 defeats is not good.

Hard to see the transfer market recovering to anything like it was for a few more years until stadiums are full again and the world economy recovers.

If we decide to sell just take whatever we can get and move on we won’t be able to hold out for a higher price because of his contract but the market for a player like Pogba is small.

Back on topic the home form is worrying think it’s 5 home games since we’ve won at home 3 draws and 2 defeats is not good.
Yes we had poor results at home Especially at the beginning of season when we were sluggish but we’ve found form and fitness then came accross a cagey Chelsea side who didn’t want to be counter attacked again , I’m not concerned yet about our home form next couple weeks could be diffrent!

Yes we had poor results at home Especially at the beginning of season when we were sluggish but we’ve found form and fitness then came accross a cagey Chelsea side who didn’t want to be counter attacked again , I’m not concerned yet about our home form next couple weeks could be diffrent!

Southampton 2-2
West Ham 1-1
Palace 1-3
Spurs 1-6
Chelsea 0-0

That worries me I know Chelsea shut up shop and came for the draw but it was another pretty poor home performance at home.

Can we really say playing at home means nothing?

It surely can't be coincedence that we're 5 without a win at home and 9 straight wins away from home? There has to be some kind of mental block about Old Trafford at the moment.

Can we really say playing at home means nothing?

It surely can't be coincedence that we're 5 without a win at home and 9 straight wins away from home? There has to be some kind of mental block about Old Trafford at the moment.
Is there a mental block going on with the 9 teams we have beat at their place?
Clearly being at home doesn't presently have the same advantage.

Could be as simple as not having a home crowd behind them is having an impact could be that the big empty stadium spooks our players and lifts our opponents.

Teams sitting off us and countering more in home games than they do in away games could be an issue. Takes away our ability to hit on the break which is how we get a lot of our goals.

Home advantage isn’t what it once was but there’s clearly a difference in performance level in home games compared to away games.

Chelsea came to spoil the game on Saturday and did that but home form last season wasn’t great and it needs to be addressed with or without fans.

Is there a mental block going on with the 9 teams we have beat at their place?
Clearly being at home doesn't presently have the same advantage.
We weren't a great home side pre Covid either, I don't have stats to hand but remember us dropping quite a few points at OT between Aug 19 - Mar 20.

I don't think it's too much to do with being home or away. We are inconsistent. I don't think ole can settle on his best team or even his best formation. And of course we didn't get the long called for tight flank player. We also have a very inexperienced coaching team.

I was saying late last week Mata shouldn't be starting this one as its probably going to be a more open game. So seeing start Mata on one side and James on either wing baffled me! You play like and like surely? It was like Ole couldnt figure which way he wanted toplay and thought sod it, i'll play both ways. Wrong!!!

I don't think it's too much to do with being home or away. We are inconsistent. I don't think ole can settle on his best team or even his best formation. And of course we didn't get the long called for tight flank player. We also have a very inexperienced coaching team.
The odd thing is that we've know our best XI for a while now as he played that XI to death, now Ole is all over the place with it. No Matic, he wont give a chance to VDB but has dropped Pogba. He's slowly digging himself a hole. and I don't want to see that.

In his defence I think he knew that team needed to be improved. In truth it barely has. It was the strangest transfer window of all time. Can't say I am unhappy with any of the players we have brought in but at the same time we just haven't really improved the team.

Last season home record

10 wins
7 draws
2 defeats

This is not a new issue it’s been a long time since Old Trafford was a fortress.

I do think teams know when they come to Old Trafford you sit deep and counter and we struggle Bruno has helped us unpick the locks but we do still struggle to score goals at home.

so if we struggle to unpick the locks at the weekend didn't a creative, attacking player come on after or even instead of Pogba?

Well at the weekend he subbed on Pogba, Cavani and Greenwood for McTominay, Mata, James

So we certainly ended the game a lot more attacking than we started and we made a few chances later in the game.

Southampton 2-2
West Ham 1-1
Palace 1-3
Spurs 1-6
Chelsea 0-0

That worries me I know Chelsea shut up shop and came for the draw but it was another pretty poor home performance at home.
Those scores look like Hull City as they made their way back to the Championship. We should be very alarmed.

I wouldn't panic too much. Don't remember Hull stringing together 9 away wins on the bounce

Watch your language.

Still to early to blame the booze ;)
Kinda strange how the word shit gets used on here by several posters and not a word said. But say shite and it's becomes an issue

Kinda strange how the word shit gets used on here by several posters and not a word said. But say shite and it's becomes an issue

Don’t you turn scouse on us.

I wouldn't panic too much. Don't remember Hull stringing together 9 away wins on the bounce

hy·per·bo·le
/hīˈpərbəlē/

noun: hyperbole; plural noun: hyperboles
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.
"he vowed revenge with oaths and hyperboles"

At the start of last season there were times when people on here were genuinely speculating that Ole could take us down. So good to make sure!

At the start of last season there were times when people on here were genuinely speculating that Ole could take us down. So good to make sure!

Start of last season or early into last season.

Our start last season was dreadful and it seems that we’ve done similar this season.

Obviously not all Ole’s fault it’s an odd season for everyone and our summer didn’t exactly run smoothly.

Just frustrating that it doesn’t look like we’ve been able to take a big step forward.

Southampton 2-2
West Ham 1-1
Palace 1-3
Spurs 1-6
Chelsea 0-0

I am still not worried about home form yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back