Premier League 2020/21 Everton vs Man Utd Sat 7th Nov 12.30 KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
It's the early kick off for Utd in what really does feel like a must win game for the manager as we go into the international break he really needs a win here even if it won't massively impact our league position it will massively impact the mood around the club.

Team news Bailly and Lingard remain unavailable due to injury and Telles still isolating with Covid, Lindelof is a doubt with a back problem but Martial returns from his 3 game ban.

For Everton Richarlison is still suspended, Digne returns from his ban (what a joke shortening his ban was btw) and there's doubts over James, Andre Gomes & Coleman.

Everton have lost some of that early momentum so they'll be keen to not let that slip much further after a great start.

I guess for Utd it's do or die time really will he stick with this diamond of will he go all in and look to get the front 4 from last season back in and play his strongest team.

My guess is this will be the team

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

Look at that middle two, are they good enough, I don' t mean for your selection, should palyers of that calibre be starting for Man Utd.

Look at that middle two, are they good enough, I don' t mean for your selection, should palyers of that calibre be starting for Man Utd.

No but Matic & Pogba are in horrible form so he's not got much choice I don't think VDB is right for that sort of role in the 2. The way he's started the season you can easily make a case for dropping Bruno for VDB but it feels like you just stick with Bruno and hope for the magic.

To me you stick Fred/McTominay there to protect the defence and hope that the front 4 can create the goals to win the game as you're not going to get much from them in terms of control and creativity and we know you get very little going forward from the full backs either.

Until Pogba gets his form sorted out we can't keep picking him he's to much of a liability at the moment.

Club confirmed Telles trained today so he might be available for tomorrow.

I've no optimism for tomorrow's match at all, and that's stopping me predicting a line up as I don't think Ole knows his best line up so how could I?

DDG

AWB Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw

McTominay Fred

Greenwood Bruno Rashford

Martial

I'd be surprised if this isn't the line up tomorrow.

Everton are still without Richarlison and Digne. James is a doubt for the game so I think we should get a win tomorrow. They look very toothless without Richarlison and James.

I'd be surprised if this isn't the line up tomorrow.

Everton are still without Richarlison and Digne. James is a doubt for the game so I think we should get a win tomorrow. They look very toothless without Richarlison and James.

Digne is back his ban was reduced to 1 game on appeal. A joke decision by the FA if you ask me but fair play to Everton they pulled it off.

Ancelotti confirmed James is fit didn’t confirm he’d start but I’d be surprised if he doesn’t as it’s last game before internationals.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No Greenwood on the bench not reported as injured.

Mata starts on the wing and James on the bench shows just how short we are as Pellistri is way off ready for first team. This kid from Italy is going to need to be ready to go from day one in January as the options aren’t good enough.

Big pressure on the front 4 those lads need to be on it and punish any mistake that defence makes.

Don't get people that like Lindelof. His passing isn't anywhere near as good as anyone makes out and he's simply not a premiership defender. One thing I do have to blame Ole for is continuing to play this guy. It's indefensible.

I eased off him but that's awful. FFS.

Calvert Lewis will be on lindelof all day it’s such an easy tactic for teams with strikers who are good in the air he’s just vulnerable to it.

AWB should not be letting that guy get a shot off though so he shouldn’t be spared some blame.

Get in Bruno. Someone that wants to win games. We need defenders who can put that much passion in to a header

Calvert Lewis will be on lindelof all day it’s such an easy tactic for teams with strikers who are good in the air he’s just vulnerable to it.

He should never have started against DCL.

Unfortunately most prem teams have a striker that can head the ball. Sell him to Barca and let him excel there. I'm still fuming at how amatuer it was from him.

Great header but we look poor again got no plan going forward at all it’s all individual stuff no actual game plan.

I know I pick on him a lot but Mata is a huge liability he’s never going to stop Digne getting forward and he won’t worry him defensively either as we won’t get enough of the ball with this midfield.

He should never have started against DCL.

Unfortunately most prem teams have a striker that can head the ball. Sell him to Barca and let him excel there. I'm still fuming at how amatuer it was from him.

Who’s the alternative? Tuanzebe who he subbed at half time on Wednesday.

You can lose headers DCL is great in the air but be aggressive against him push and pull him a bit to unbalance him he doesn’t even do that.

Who’s the alternative? Tuanzebe who he subbed at half time on Wednesday.

You can lose headers DCL is great in the air but be aggressive against him push and pull him a bit to unbalance him he doesn’t even do that.

You can lose a header of course and many will. But at least make a challenge he basically gets an unchallenged head on the ball.

You can lose a header of course and many will. But at least make a challenge he basically gets an unchallenged head on the ball.

AWB also needs to be much more aware and block that shot it went through him very easily I thought.

It was a very soft goal both challenges on the opponent were soft.

AWB is a lot less to blame than Lindelof for that goal. Lindelof has rolled out the red carpet for them.

AWB is a lot less to blame than Lindelof for that goal. Lindelof has rolled out the red carpet for them.

I think it’s equal both are not aggressive enough against their opponent.

Same thing happened a few minutes later this time Lindelof wrestled him a bit and won the header so he can do it.

As a defence you work together if you know your mate is up against it you make sure you are switched on I think AWB just wasn’t alive anticipating that Lindelof might lose the header.

Lindelof didn't lose the header. He didn't challenge for it. You have to try and stop that at source and he failed terribly.

However on to the second half hopefully Lindelof comes off because otherwise we'll concede a second to a DCL goal or assist.

Can’t see him changing a centre back unless he decides to go back 3 to hold on to the lead.

Struggling to get Martial in the game just doesn’t look a natural centre forward when we don’t have a lot of the ball.

I really like DCL think he’s got all the tools the modern number 9 needs could turn out to be some player if he stays injury free and keeps improving.

Shaw off Tuenzebe on.

Strange sub to make Shaw looked surprised he’d been playing quite well must be fitness related he’d just had the physio on.

The chances we've had this game should be well out of sight.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back