Pogba to leave?

Well 2018 was when he made it pretty clear he wanted to leave and back then Utd could probably have saved themselves a lot of problems by just letting it happen.

Him leaving I think is best for everyone it's clear we're struggling to get the best out of him and his relationship with the fans isn't great everyone can see he's a brilliant player just hasn't been consistent enough at Utd.

I'm sick of every transfer window being governed by the Pogba out talk. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but yes we should of shipped him out a couple years back as I think we knew by then the writing was well and truly on the wall.

If its true that he has turned down a £350 grand a week contract then were done with him, get his fat shithead of an agent to get him to PSG or wherever else for that matter - AS long as they pay the £50m asking price.

Never thought back when we re-signed him I would be saying this, but get him out of the club as im done with the constant feeling of Pogba being held back by United and that he is doing us a favour staying.

Dont want to be here, then make it known - and f##k off.

Think if it wasn't for the pandemic they'd have sold him last summer to be honest they've known the writing is on the wall with him.

I don't blame Pogba his position has been clear for 3 seasons now but the club weren't willing to let him go the idea he's doing us a favour I don't get as he's told them he wants to leave but they won't sell so all he can do is get on with his job. The Jose/Mourinho fued through that 2017/18 season I think was where the bridges were finally burned for him and the club.

He's a great player who just doesn't work in this side he was a big gamble when we signed him and it just hasn't worked out we get flashes of brilliance but a lot of poor or average performances from him. We've tried pretty much everything to make it work and it just hasn't so time to cut losses and move on.

I do honestly think if he leaves this summer he'll be gutted at how it went at Utd for him I do honestly believe he came back to try and win the biggest trophies with Utd but that hasn't worked out.

As I've been saying for ages, he's not interested in being at United. Get rid of him - he was never world-class for us despite all his fans saying so. Go all out for Grealish as replacement, he certainly won't give the ball away as often. But unlike big stars' departure in the past, let's ask for a proper fee and insist on it up front: none of the £2.50 a week we let Madrid get away with for David Beckham (have we ever had the full fee?)!!

Don't think we'd get Grealish

We should use the money on a Fred upgrade and just have one holding player.

Although I'm gutted he's off, not gutted about Raiola, we should never use him again.

Grealish wouldn't make any sense as a Pogba replacement we've got wide creative players now we need to get quality in the middle of the pitch with Pogba gone and talk of a move to 4-3-3 maybe the system would now suit VDB to get more playing time.

Don't get the fuss with his agent you just have to go in to these situations knowing what you need to deal with it wasn't the agent that unsettled Pogba at Utd it was our previous manager who got a new contract then decided to go after Pogba in public and it backfired massively. Those wounds never healed.

Grealish wouldn't make any sense as a Pogba replacement we've got wide creative players now we need to get quality in the middle of the pitch with Pogba gone and talk of a move to 4-3-3 maybe the system would now suit VDB to get more playing time.

Don't get the fuss with his agent you just have to go in to these situations knowing what you need to deal with it wasn't the agent that unsettled Pogba at Utd it was our previous manager who got a new contract then decided to go after Pogba in public and it backfired massively. Those wounds never healed.
hilarious to blame Jose for Pogba's form two years on. also I'm pretty sure grealish can play central. but I do agree you can't not go for a player simply because you don't like his agent

hilarious to blame Jose for Pogba's form two years on. also I'm pretty sure grealish can play central. but I do agree you can't not go for a player simply because you don't like his agent

Not blaming his form which under Ole when fit has been good I’m saying the bust up they had in that season never healed and ever since then Pogba has wanted out. He’s been pretty professional about it getting on with his job doing his best for the team but the club should have sold sooner and moved on. I think Ole has handled him brilliantly he’s used him well and got good returns from him but even Ole knows no matter what he does Pogba won’t ever be happy here as the fans are split on him.

Just to me if we are getting say 50m for Pogba that money needs to go on quality central midfield players that can give us what Pogba couldn’t which was control of the midfield. If we are sticking with the 2 we need a proper pair in there who can go toe to toe with anyone home or away and boss the midfield.

I really like Grealish but for me he’s a wide player you want him in space and I think with Sancho now in we have enough options in those positions for this season.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not blaming his form which under Ole when fit has been good I’m saying the bust up they had in that season never healed and ever since then Pogba has wanted out. He’s been pretty professional about it getting on with his job doing his best for the team but the club should have sold sooner and moved on. I think Ole has handled him brilliantly he’s used him well and got good returns from him but even Ole knows no matter what he does Pogba won’t ever be happy here as the fans are split on him.

Just to me if we are getting say 50m for Pogba that money needs to go on quality central midfield players that can give us what Pogba couldn’t which was control of the midfield. If we are sticking with the 2 we need a proper pair in there who can go toe to toe with anyone home or away and boss the midfield.

I really like Grealish but for me he’s a wide player you want him in space and I think with Sancho now in we have enough options in those positions for this season.
Have to say, if grealish did play wide - and for me he's not an out-and-out winger but does cut in wherever he plays - I'd still want him. I ache for the days when we had two great wingers (becks and giggs or hill and coppell) and went for the opposition's throat when we were ahead, causing panic. I know times have changed but still... it's one of the reasons I rather liked the Kingsley Coman rumour (not that I know that much about him)

Have to say, if grealish did play wide - and for me he's not an out-and-out winger but does cut in wherever he plays - I'd still want him. I ache for the days when we had two great wingers (becks and giggs or hill and coppell) and went for the opposition's throat when we were ahead, causing panic. I know times have changed but still... it's one of the reasons I rather liked the Kingsley Coman rumour (not that I know that much about him)

He’s not a winger but those players don’t really exist anymore the game seems to have evolved past that style and it’s a shame as you say they were exciting players to watch. This Pellistri kid has a bit of the old school type winger about him loves to dribble and has wonderful balance.

Grealish for me creates a headache as currently we have Rashford for that spot and the club isn’t going to ditch him for Grealish.

I think for now the wide positions are solved maybe another right back as competition for AWB but that is it.

Centre back and centre mid for me are priorities.

Just seems to be tickling along with not much happening this story.

Reports are PSG are talking to his agent about the potential for a move bit warry about being used as a bargaining chip for a new deal at Utd.

They're interested in taking him now or next summer but there's been a bit of a backlash from some of their Ultra's over things Pogba said in the past about not wanting to play for them as he's from a family of Marseilles fans.

I hope he goes bank some cash from him and move on.

He said he'd never play for PSG because his parents are Marseille fans

They're interested in taking him now or next summer but there's been a bit of a backlash from some of their Ultra's over things Pogba said in the past about not wanting to play for them as he's from a family of Marseilles fans.

Doesn't mean the club will listen to the fans and that he won't back track on things said in the past if he has to.

If PSG chuck a boat load of cash his way he'll forget all about Marseilles and it'll all be about coming to play for his home town team.

Still can’t see him leaving to be honest and not sure if I want him to.

Sure we’d get some money in for him but we would then have to replace him with quality and not sure who that could be right now? Rashford could miss the start of the season, Martial’s form is anyone’s guess so Pogba leaves a huge creative void.

Still can’t see him leaving to be honest and not sure if I want him to.

Sure we’d get some money in for him but we would then have to replace him with quality and not sure who that could be right now? Rashford could miss the start of the season, Martial’s form is anyone’s guess so Pogba leaves a huge creative void.
take the £50m - and see how much extra we need to raise for grealish... reports say Niguez is a possible replacement, have to say I haven't seen anything of him sine before the pandemic so no real idea if that's a good idea

I see talk of £50m but look at what we just got Varane for and what Thiago went for last summer to Liverpool.

Similar sort of circumstance faces Utd here we've got a player we probably need to sell only 1 real buyer so we will do well I think to get £50m for him in the current market. I expect if he's sold it'll be more like £35m with some bonuses on top which I'd happily still take.

Do PSG need him? is it all just paper talk?

All the while he's wanted to leave, they've never been mentioned. I think if he does want out, he'll see his contract out and see if one of his favoured clubs comes in for him next summer.

PSG do need a stronger midfield they've managed to get Wijnaldum in which helps things plus they've already got Verratti but apart from those two the rest of their options are average at best.

Given they have Veratti and Wijnaldum he'd be a tricky player to fit in with them as you probably couldn't play all of them in a 3 and he's not going wide left in the forward line like he did at Utd as that's where Neymar plays.

MEN reporting that Pogba is now back in the UK and that he is considering a new deal as his wife and family are settled in Cheshire and enjoy living there.

I think signing Varane would help. I just don't see him joining PSG, he's not exactly well loved in France

I mean do French people like anyone?

It's all about what his motivations are at this stage of his career if he wants to win the CL you'd say next season PSG are much better prepared for that challenge than Utd but if Mbappe leaves in 12 months how do they replace him?

Does he think Utd are really building something here that could win the CL within the next 2-3 seasons so better to stay put.

He has featured quite a bit on all the new kit launch stuff but that's normal and people probably read to much into that and Ole has suggested talks are on going to who knows. The PSG stuff could just be paper talk that's going on while they finalise a new deal we just don't know.

I just feel like it's getting harder and harder to get him into our team and keep some sort of balance so that makes it hard to justify making him your top earner because if he signs a new deal at Utd he'll be on mega wages.

I think we should be able to accomodate a handful of talented players in our team, or get a new management team. Pep would just rotate the squad. So I don't think we shouldn't hang on to world class players for that.

If it was Madrid or Juve, maybe even Barca or Munich in for him I think I'd believe it more. But PSG, it just deosn't seem like a fit for me. But hey, been wrong plenty of times before.

It's true the French don't really like their footballers full stop.

I just don't see Pogba ever being a world class centre mid at Utd. The last 5 seasons have kind of proven to me that's he's not up to that job unless you've got people doing a lot of the defensive side of things which he really struggles with. France balanced it with Kante and Matuidi in the world cup in 2018 and had a fairly cautious playing style, I don't think Utd will be able to do that.

Yes he could be part of the squad but Pogba is such a high profile player and his wages mean he should be starting every single week I don't think you can have guys earning £300k a week who aren't key players in your team because all of a sudden everyone else who is starting every game will be thinking I want that money as well.

It's a similar situation with De Gea currently our two top earners arguably shouldn't be starting when everyone is fit.

This is what currently is causing Bayern a lot of problems they signed Sane last summer on big wages and he's really only being used as a squad player but he earns more money that most of the starting XI who are all now in talks for new deals saying they want what Sane earns.

I wonder if the PSG rumours are coming from Raiola to get more wages.

Pogba is a problem. He has some undoubted talent but you do not know what to do with him. He really does not fit anywhere with Uniteds set up. When you look at him you believe he should be able to play in the two but he has a complete lack of awareness in defensive areas. You could move him out to the left but you would lose probably 10 - 15 goals a season by doing that. Got to a midfield 3? That would suit Pogba but not Bruno. Personally I think if you can get around 40m for him we have to move him on and strengthen the midfield.

Pogba is a problem. He has some undoubted talent but you do not know what to do with him. He really does not fit anywhere with Uniteds set up. When you look at him you believe he should be able to play in the two but he has a complete lack of awareness in defensive areas. You could move him out to the left but you would lose probably 10 - 15 goals a season by doing that. Got to a midfield 3? That would suit Pogba but not Bruno. Personally I think if you can get around 40m for him we have to move him on and strengthen the midfield.
Yeah I think that’s the continued worry with him, he still hasn’t quite found a place in our midfield. He is undoubtedly a quality player who can do amazing things on the pitch but you can’t just fit him into a side - it needs to be to the advantage of him and the team. If Ole can find a way of getting him in not to the detriment of the team then he is an asset to have all day long.

Personally I think United is becoming a much more attractive proposition for players. A few years ago we were a real mess, sure we were still getting in good players but we had no real direction. However now Ole is bringing in the right type of players and overall the club looks a happier place. Got my United tinted specs on but if it’s a toss up between PSG and United then there is only one winner. The antics of PSG players is deplorable at times and not sure you’re even guaranteed the league any more judging by last season. I think he’ll stay here and sign a new contract.

They’ll walk the league next season with his side and they should be right in the fight for the CL again.

Lille’s manager has left and best players will be picked off, Lyon likely to lose 2 key players and all the clubs are taking massive hits on the revised TV deal so everyone is broke. Nice have a bit of cash now but they’ve got a long way to go to close that gap.

Any player who chooses PSG is a cop out after cash for me. League is really sub par. I'd be amazed if he goes there

Any player who chooses PSG is a cop out after cash for me. League is really sub par. I'd be amazed if he goes there
Pogba has a realistic chance of winning the Champions League there, it's not just the league dominance. Plus he will be playing with brilliant teammates.

Will he won't he. This is the constant story that surrounds Pogba at United. They'd just be best to move on from him this summer. I know that's not going to happen but to me that's what they should do.

It's a big decision for him, it's his last big contract. He told us two years ago he wanted to go so I have no problem with him taking his time. It's the clubs fault.

The problem he has, because of Covid, Madrid, Barca and Juve are no longer interested. The only club interested are PSG, and he doesn't really like them, ok they might pay more, but the league isn't competetive, and Mbappe wants out. Plus his Marseille connections will difficult with the fans at the first sign of problems.

United do look like they are moving in the right direction, with the summer buys. Probably two players away from a real good chance.

Tough decision. There is nothing to say if he hangs on for a year that the clubs who can take him on free would match the 350 grand a week we offered. Or be as Competetive. Madrid and Juve do look way off at the moment.

I just read he's going to make his mind up before the transfer window closes.

If PSG sign Messi. You've got to say that's our last chance of getting any money for Pogba and he leaves on a free next summer.

I hope this average player goes as soon as
Overrated,Overhyped and Overblown pp plays for himself never for t he team
Too much baggage and too much trouble that has to make an impact on the team as a whole.
The quicker he is gone the better it is for man utd as a club and team.
I could put up with all the crap that he and his agent does if he put in 8 out of 10 performances weeki n and week out but that hasnt happened.
Dont wish him any bad vibes just want him gone and someone who respects the club to come in and try his hardest every game

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back