Players not good enough for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wez

Okay so this season has shown several players in our squad to be pretty average at best and not good enough to play for United. After the worst United performance in a long time against West Ham,
I think it's time we analyze them one by one, I'll start with Obertan.
The guy is soon to be 22 and is highly overrated. The French press apparently had a laugh at United wanting to sign him and honestly I can see why!

none of the youngsters should be held responsible for the defeat last night, be silly to just stat blaming them for a defeat, losing sometimes teaches players more than a victory, so i don't think any of the youngsters deserve to be labelled not good enough for Unite.

and Obertan hasn't really been given a proper chance to shine in the first team, he's clearly not ready to play as an AMC, he always makes an impact when he's the winger. and for 3m he's a pretty good buy i think. The French press are bollocks, they are certainly not Sir Alex, and do you really think he would sign anyone who he thinks isn't good enough for the club.
and Obertan has shown glimpses of the massive potential that he has, just needs to be consistent.

and btw Nani was also 22 before he eventually started to perform well, so age isn't relevant i think, Obertan's development stalled a bit, he was very highly rated when he was 16, give him time!

yeah, lets just get rid of all youngsters who has had a couple of bad games, that has always been what Man Utd is about.
Look at Ronaldo, he came from Portugal and was immediately the worlds best player. same with scholes, giggs, neville, becks, solskjaer, nani, evra, vidic, want me to keep on going?

I quite like Obertan i think he can be pretty dangerous he just isnt very consistent

Okay so this season has shown several players in our squad to be pretty average at best and not good enough to play for United. After the worst United performance in a long time against West Ham,
I think it's time we analyze them one by one, I'll start with Obertan.
The guy is soon to be 22 and is highly overrated. The French press apparently had a laugh at United wanting to sign him and honestly I can see why!

If you looked closely at last nights game the biggest disappointments were the more seasoned pro's,i cannot remember giggs being so inaffective,and on that showing would you have given o'shea a better contract,was fletcher playing,did anderson give up or what..........that is all before we got to the inexperienced kids....sorry,they were inept last night but in the right circumstances where the experienced players normally help out they will show more than they showed last night......be patient,S.A.F will know whats good and what isn't.....in him i trust!!!

If we'd played the same and won, this would not have been mentioned, this is why the youngsters will learn more from this. Giggs, O'Shea and Fletcher were clearly lacking in match fitness and maybe Ando was a bit tired after working his socks off on Saturday after a spell out. Still I thought Ando was one of our best players last night.

The reaction to the defeat has all been a little knee jerk in my opinion, it seems the people who are most unhappy are the ones who couldn't care less about the League Cup too.

O'Shea & Brown, two players who I rated in the past are two I feel are well past their best, sad to say.
I guess as S.E.Arising says, at just 3m, Obertan won't turn out to be a waste of money no matter what happens, but I would be willing to put down money on the fact that he is not good enough to play for United. Nani always showed signs that he would be a good signing, even in his first season, but Obertan just looks like someone who can dribble a bit here and there & has pace but not much else going for him. Evans is another really average player and this season he has been shocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back