Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it's not an instruction, or there wouldn't be all the problems with Jose. He has no discipline or team ethic.
He must address his game if he want to stay, although I can't see many clubs wanting him at the moment to be honest. I'm so disappointed in Pogba, I thought he would be our next big player and move us on

He's quickly becoming our Ozil amongst the fan base when we win we all say how brilliant he is when we lose we say it's because he is rubbish or isn't trying and it's letting the rest of the team get away with it.

The worst midfielder on that pitch yesterday was Matic and he played the full 90 minutes he was shocking he must have played 3 or 4 real hospital passes that sold his team mate short, he setup their goal with a terrible defensive header and he offered almost nothing going forward.

Our best football this season has always come with Pogba at his best what annoys me is how often have other players stepped up this season and won us a match? Why has it always got to be Pogba? He isn't beyond criticism he's had some poor games this season which have cost us points Newcastle & Spurs (a) he was really poor but we rarely lose with him in the team and most of the times when we do put together a half decent performance he is at the heart of it.

If Pogba was available at a reasonable price all the clubs would be in for him apart from Real Madrid but he won't be available at a reasonable price so teams aren't going to break the bank for him.

I dont think anyone is trying to hound him out and I'd hate to see the bloke sold. Because as I said earlier, on his day he can do more things then almost any other central midfielder in the game. The fact is we haven't seen him play anywhere near to the standard and ability he can. And when we do its not often enough.

I think its a fair comment 8 days after seeing what he did last week, people are upset at how he played yesterday. Every fan has a genuine right to expect or hope of better from their big name players and there's no doubt Pogba is a big name player in this team. That's not based on what he earns or what he costs because he doesn't dictate those things, but based purely and simply on the fact he can do so much better then his doing right now. As a fan I just want to see everyone in the team trying their best to do what they are best at. Regardless of if that scoring goals, making saves or dictating games just play your own game to the best you can to help the side. If we win then great. If we lose, let's have another beer. I cant honest say from what I've seen of Pogba this season his doing all the correct things in a game to make his impact on the field the maximum it can be. I think his playing too defensive, too deep and too safe. Tactics, shape and team mates positions are all factors to consider in that debate but he needs to be 15, 20 yards higher up the pitch and taking risks for us to see the real Paul Pogba in a United shirt.

I think you have to recognise the difference in the games we were against a City side leaving massive gaps that a guy like Pogba can exploit similar to what he did against Arsenal earlier in the season whereas yesterday we are against a team camped on the edge on their own box denying us any space to play in which means you have to be patient and play a different way. He along with the entire team struggled to break this down yesterday but generally this season we've been pretty good at doing this at home. Had we got that penalty or Lukaku took that chance which Foster saved we probably end up winning 3 or 4 nil but it didn't happen yesterday.

The big thing that annoyed me yesterday with the sub was if Pogba needed to come off because he's on a yellow why didn't he put on McTominay instead of Pogba? Chucking another attacking player in just created more problems and it showed we didn't actually have a plan because he's already changed formation at half time and he's then changing it again even though the way we played remained the same. Mourinho called us the masters of complication well he played his part in that by starting with the wrong tactics then making changes that didn't exploit the areas where there were space. To me the obvious sub at half time was Herrera or Pogba for one of Rashford/Martial who could provide more width from the left instead he puts in Lingard another player who just wants to be in the middle.

My main concern with Pogba is can he be the star of the show? I say this because at Juventus he had a lot of strong experienced players around him his best spell he was playing in a midfield 3 with Vidal & Pirlo he wasn't really having to dictate the game from midfield he was the guy who provided the finishing touch or laid on the final pass rather than the guy sitting in midfield running the game. I also think Juventus attack with a plan they are looking for your weakness and then trying to exploit it whereas Utd looked like they hadn't prepared at all yesterday and were making it up as they went along.

For me, I think too many players see the club as a cash cow. Everyone keeps saying how good pogba was against City, and he was in the second half, first half he was atrocious, all over the place. The fact his agent is pushing him around clubs tells me he hasn't got the club at the centre of his plans. It's the easy option and look for an out, it should be head down try harder. Not only does it show lack of character, it affects the other players.

It sounds like from Jose, some players, he didn't say who but I can't see it being any of the Spanish lads, seemed to think they were the nuts after beating City. It was just a win, should have been heads down to next game. I remember when ever a player in our successful days was interviewed after a prem win, or cup win, they would say, the time to look back at wins is after I have retired, all I'm thinking about now is the next game/next season. Jose knows he needs players with this attitude. No matter what he says, I see some big changes this summer.

That's modern footballers though Mr C they hold all the cards now so if you don't like your current situation you get your agent to start looking for moves we were probably insulated from that a lot because under Fergie players didn't have many reasons to leave most of the players we had saw utd as the place they wanted to be as not only did you earn great money you also won trophies.

I don't think you can speculate on who it is my guess is it was probably all of them apart from the likes of Carrick, Young & Valencia who came up through the previous era beating City to them didn't mean anything because they're just delaying the inevitable there was no trophy awarded for winning the derby.

You have to question the managers commitment when he was pushing for his new contract him and his agent were talking up potential moves to PSG and stuff like that I think he was partly to blame for that wobble mid season as he attracted uneccessary attention by trying to strong arm the club into a new deal. Pep only have 14 months left on his deal and you don't hear him and his agent trying to force City's hand over a new contract. Plenty of players seem to have had to wait until this summer for talks over new deals why couldn't Jose if we finish trophyless but in the top 3 I think he probably gets the deal he's been after but instead he couldn't wait and he started rocking the boat over the winter months.

The reason he didn't do that was Sanchez was in that area all game. He's meant to be LF but he played, yet again, in a kind of free role that saw him in the areas Pogba wants to be running into. Pogba spend most of his time on the pitch pushed out wide. I saw the heat maps last night and it's very telling. Where can I find heatmaps, I have Google'd it but cant find anything. Martials heatmap was perfect for where he was meant to be playing and you can see why Pogba and Martial play well together as they play in different areas of the pitch, thus keeping out of each others way.

Premier League: Bournemouth 0-2 Manchester United - 18th April 2018

Better.

Motm but will JM play him at the weekend? I think he did well enough tonight but Spurs will be a harder proposal than Bmouth.
I hope he plays and I hope he pulls one out the bag, for 90 mins

This was the game that destroyed him. Dembele had him in his pocket

I think he will go with Herrera Matic Pogba on Saturday, there is no way he will go with a two again after the way Dembele just schooled our midfield, he will put a bit of bite in there I reckon, them three, Sanchez Lukaku and one of Mata/Lingard

Did anyone notice also that Pogba wanted to go straight down the tunnel last night, why I'm not sure, but Jose called him back to sit behind him. Jose didn't even shake his hand or pat him on the back. I said on another tread, Sanchez didn't acknowledge Pogba when he came off either. Definitely something going on behind the scenes.

Did anyone notice also that Pogba wanted to go straight down the tunnel last night, why I'm not sure, but Jose called him back to sit behind him. Jose didn't even shake his hand or pat him on the back. I said on another tread, Sanchez didn't acknowledge Pogba when he came off either. Definitely something going on behind the scenes.

I think you are reading to much into this Lingard went straight down the tunnel and it's not uncommon for players to do that and it seemed like he was called back to the bench by officials rather than someone from teh club and he didn't really kick up a fuss about it. You could only see from distance but it looked like he went along the line doing his high fives and what not then went and sat down.

The only person Pogba acknowledged when he came off was Carrick and Rui Faria who were the two on the end of the bench when he was called back it looked like he went along the bench.

The camera wasn't on them for the rest of the gaem for all we know Pogba and Sanchez were chatting away on the bench while the game was going on, it could be the complete opposite that the two of them don't really get on off the pitch not all footballers are best mates Sanchez was known for being a bit reclusive at Arsenal he likes to eat alone and does his own thing a lot of the time.

As for his performance last night he was much better and the 4-3-3 I think work for him away from home where teams are a bit more expansive he has the space to exploit and boy did he do that at home where teams are sitting deep and defending he finds it a lot harder because he doesn't have space to exploit.

Spurs away this season was a big turning point for him this season it was where the cracks emerged between him and Mourinho in public and also on the pitch he was subbed in the 2nd half because Dembele was running all over him, lets see if he can reverse that this time around as we need him to step up in big games and moments for us and in theory this type of game will suit him.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal - 29th April 2018

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice goal and another decent performance from Pogba even if the game was played at a bit of a testimonial pace.

I actually really enjoyed the game, it was good to watch. It always felt like we would win and you could feel it was an end of season game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back