Nottingham Forest Discussion 2023/24

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's going to be a big miss for them without his goals can see them being pulled into the relegation scrap if the bottom 3 start picking up some points.

Sounds like Cooper is about to be sacked.

Press reporting Nuno is going to be appointed as his replacement.

Cooper officially gone and Nuno to take charge from the sounds of it.

Forest are not a bad side by any stretch but the results haven’t been great of late. I thought they looked great vs us (although not a great example) and early on in the season.

It’s been a good move for Elanga for sure. He wasn’t really progressing here so a sensible move for him and it seems to be reaping the rewards.

It’s been a good move for Elanga for sure. He wasn’t really progressing here so a sensible move for him and it seems to be reaping the rewards.

Were you surprised? It's sick how soon some United fans(and I use that term very loosely)turn on Academy kids these days.

So that's Everton relegated? They can't survive another 10 point hit surely.

Guess it depends on how they apply the punishment going forward.

Is it just 10 points for breaking the rule or does it depend on how much you broke it by? Weren’t Everton miles over the limit when they got their points deduction?

Not surprising Forest are in trouble they signed 40 odd players last season.

Reckon the last punishment was harsh, and they're appealing it. It was the biggest point deduction ever handed out in the EPL, so maybe this one will be even worse, considering it will be a second time they've been charged.

I'd imagine it will relate to how badly you've breached the rule, yes.

I dunno if you aren’t taking the rules seriously the punishment has to be hard and Everton were well over the limit and tried to hide the losses which the leagues own audit exposed.

Forest will have to argue that a unique set of circumstances meant they had to buy a lot of players in their first season in the league as in the promotion season they had so many on loan. 40 might have been a tad excessive though.

Forest might have figured that if they buy/loan 40 players, surely they'll find a few gems... seems all they've found is certain relegation. At least if they get the same type of first warning shot Everton did.

Then again looking at the table the bottom teams really have next to no points at all.... they may be able to survive.

And yeah I agree Everton should take the rules seriously, I was talking from their stand point. They believe it's too much. Don't see it being overturned personally.

Yeah going to be a low total to stay up this year probably looking at 30-35 points to stay up.

Everton only have themselves to blame spent fortunes gambling on European football and spent is badly and when Usmanov got sanctioned over the war in Ukraine the money tap was turned off.

This would be a cracking little loan deal for Forest.

He has kind of stagnated a little at Dortmund but still a terrific talent.

Think they've had a lot of problems with him off the pitch, didn't his mum have a bust up with his national team manager?

The fact he's still there probably suggests there's some baggage that comes with him.

Rumour is they'll be getting the verdict/punishment on their PSR breach this week.

Interesting that the panel decided it was 6 points but with 2 knocked off for their cooperation during the proceedings.

Didn't realise how far over the limit they'd gone basically 50% higher than the limit.

They really need to speed this process up we shouldn't be having appeals conclude this late in the season when the accounts close at the end of June.

Feels like they've done well to only come out with a 4 point deduction but I guess if you can appeal why not. I assume the appeal can't increase the points deduction so it's worth a shot.

Amazing tweet!

anyone seen the possible penalties?

1 was nailed on
1 was a 50/50
The handball well it depends on what version of the law they're going to apply this week.

These statements are incredible "exploring our options" what exactly are these options? The league isn't going to replay the game.

Also, the idea that it's a conspiracy by a Luton fan. Surely a draw would be the best result for Luton?

I'm surprised you haven't heard, its all over the news.

they tweeted the guy in VAR is a Luton fan, they pointed it out before the match, and they should have had 3 pens.

Basically saying VAR cheated. They will be in big troube.

Oh I've seen it and I'd be happy for the league to deduct another 10 points off them for being such cry babies.

Oh I've seen it and I'd be happy for the league to deduct another 10 points off them for being such cry babies.
yeah soz, I was replying to Jammy Red, but you got inbetween :)

yeah soz, I was replying to Jammy Red, but you got inbetween :)

My bad I didn't see the other post.

Stuart Atwell's problem isn't that he's a Luton fan it's that he's a terrible ref.

Mark Clattenburg is now gone.

Forest's appeal against their points deduction has been rejected so their 4 point penalty stands.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back