Neymar the solution for left flank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalegute

Just watched Brazil - Scotland.

Very impressed with his trickery and understanding.

He was allegedly watched by Mancini and Ancelotti. Should SAF have been there aswell?

Would cost far too much for us unfortunately. Also think he may struggle in the Prem due to slenderness. Great talent though. If we could get him, i'd be excited as he could adapt.

Yeah, watched the game also.

Neymar's obviously got a truckload of talent. I agree that he might find it tough playing in the Premiership due to his size etc, but that wouldn't put me off us at least considering him.

You're right though, if we made enquires for the lad we would be absolutely quoted a ridiculously high transfer fee for sure.

Also he needs to get rid of that dodgy haircut! lol.

I don't mind the haircut... anyway... I think it's been said he's got an approx. £60m buyout clause, of course it does not have to be met, but his valuation will only continue to rise.

People where fawning over Robinho when he was 19 aswell. If were to spend a shit load of money i would prefer Bale or Sanchez. He'll end up in a bidding war between Chelski and City anyway.

Would be better off going to Spain. With City likely to have a Striker clear out in the summer, they are likely to get him... unfortunately for the lad. But then with him knowing Robinho, he might put him off.

He has been watched by United since he was 15. It would be a very expensive signing, but cheaper than Ganso. Would be interesting to see him in a 4-3-3. But as a winger in a 4-4-2 would be a waste, in my opinion. Anyway, I believe his destiny will be Spain or Italy. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Inter, Milan ...

Agree with everything thats been said. Could be excellent when thought a couple of tricks by SAF, but maybe to light weight for PL and would cost tooooo much.

Interesting...
RT @garbosj: For those asking. I hear that #MUFC are closer to signing Neymar than #CFC but the player/Santos have not agreed a deal with anyone.

I think the operative phrase so far in this thread is 'the player/Santos have not agreed a deal with anyone'.

It's interesting we've been apparently linked with him but all rumours obviously at this moment in time.

Would be very surprised if we signed Neymar. Agree with Se7en in that Sanchez is the attacker we should sign. What does seem clear though is that Fergie is looking to replace Ronaldo. Some ellusive attacker who can do something from nothing and is fit to wear the number 7 shirt.

Remember reading reports last summer that Fergie felt Balotelli could reach Ronaldos level and we were supposedly keen to sign him... thank feck he chose City. Nutcase. Think Fergie will try replace Ronaldo again this summer and Sanchez seems most likely

I still think that if Balotelli had come to us, Fergie would have put him on the right path.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Talked to a norwegian scout on twitter a couple of days ago. He has been in south/central america watching the U17? championships.

He says that it's likely Neymar will stay until 2014. At least only one out of ganso and neymar will be sold this summer. Not both

He's no Balotelli but he has been known to do some stupid stuff but that was when he was younger I believe, I think he's matured a bit since then. Not sure though.

Santos have confirmed that five clubs have met Neymar's release clause of £40.3million and they have been given permission to talk with Neymar. The five clubs are apparently Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester City and Anzhi Makhachkala.

Anzhi Makhachkala? They need to sort their fans out first. Hopefully he'll go to Real or Barca.

He isnt worth that much, not sure where Barca are getting all this money from. Ganso > Neymar

Neymar is soooooooo over-rated.he sucked at Copa America.didn't even have the balls to take a penalty in the shootout..we have enough cover on the left anyway.we've got Nani AND Young as well.i'd take them anyday over the show-pony over-rated Neymar

Quality goal will be interesting to see his development and which team he will end up at

Absolute beast of a prospect by the looks of it. Yes he'd be good, but he'd be a ridiculous fee and may struggle to adapt in the Premiership/not being the star man. Saying that, I'd be curious to see what he did turn out like so would probably welcome a move. Not going to happen though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nah the other guy in the video but ganso would be nice

Apparently, he just signed a new deal with Santos and stays in Brazil until 2014. He asked an absurdely huge wage to stay and he will.

Santos will probably have to sell Ganso now to afford Neymar's wages. Wouldn't mind a bit of Ganso at United.

On well over £100k a week now Brazilian football is flourishing at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back