New MoTD host

Mr C

So who is it going to be :p

I'm not a fan of Lineker, but the BBC impartiality is geting a bit of a joke. They cant even mention a chocolate bar brand without getting into trouble. Stupid.

I guess it will be JJ.

I hope it's not Alex Scott, of all the excellent female football presenters and pundits, I can't fathom how they have picked her to shine a light on.

Off topic - i cant get to the game tonight because of the snow.....i have a family stand ticket for me and my son. Is there a way of passing this on to a fellow red? Im not here to make any money and im not on social media. Thanks

Should be Mark Chapman he's by far their best host and deserves the chance if he wants to take it on.

It's ridiculous that Lineker could be sacked over a tweet he presents a football show he shouldn't need to be politically impartial on his own social media.

Should be Mark Chapman he's by far their best host and deserves the chance if he wants to take it on.

It's ridiculous that Lineker could be sacked over a tweet he presents a football show he shouldn't need to be politically impartial on his own social media.
Yeah I agree on this, he shouldn’t be sacked but you cannot say anything these days without some sort of brigade coming out and objecting to it.

I don’t really like the guy as a presented but it will be stupid if he is sacked.

If he does go though, 100% it will be Alex Scott.

I agree, it's not like he said it while presenting the show.

I think he's a very good presenter he understands he's there to ask questions not answer them.

There is a big difference between a presenter and a pundit.

Wright is a great pundit I’m not sure he’d be a good presenter.

There is a big difference between a presenter and a pundit.

Wright is a great pundit I’m not sure he’d be a good presenter.
But he has done presenting. Game shows and the like so that would suggest he has the versatility to adapt.

But he has done presenting. Game shows and the like so that would suggest he has the versatility to adapt.

Not for a long time plus I suspect he would need to give up his ITV gigs.

Also, he’s not exactly afraid to offer his opinion so how long before he ends up getting dragged into a similar situation.

As a freelancer i image he isn’t bound by the same rules that the presenters are.

Not for a long time plus I suspect he would need to give up his ITV gigs.

Also, he’s not exactly afraid to offer his opinion so how long before he ends up getting dragged into a similar situation.

As a freelancer i image he isn’t bound by the same rules that the presenters are.
Dunno, he has been hosting a new one in recent times.
But yea I see, if he is a freelancer he would soon be kicking up a fuss about not getting the furlough money.

Dunno, he has been hosting a new one in recent times.
But yea I see, if he is a freelancer he would soon be kicking up a fuss about not getting the furlough money.

Imagine trying to tell Ian Wright he’s no longer allowed to express his opinion on a topic?

Based on Wikipedia he hasn’t done any presenting in about a decade.

I suspect Chappers will get the job he’s a long term BBC man who’s transitioned from radio to tv presenter and does MOTD2 so he’s an obvious choice

BBC aren't doing anything, so he stays.

The reason I said JJ is because he's been practising apparently, something was mentioned on Micheal McIntyre send to all. He's got his eye on it

Imagine trying to tell Ian Wright he’s no longer allowed to express his opinion on a topic?

Based on Wikipedia he hasn’t done any presenting in about a decade.

I suspect Chappers will get the job he’s a long term BBC man who’s transitioned from radio to tv presenter and does MOTD2 so he’s an obvious choice
Ian Wright has in recent times been hosting a show called Moneyball

Ian Wright has in recent times been hosting a show called Moneyball

Fair enough I've never heard of that one.

Still don't think he'll go for it even if they offered it to him and in football it would be a waste of his talent.

I think he's an excellent pundit and that is the role he should stay in.

no he isn't, he is standing down until they reach an agreement on his use of social media.

of course they might not reach one.

no he isn't, he is standing down until they reach an agreement on his use of social media.

of course they might not reach one.
I would say that's the most likely outcome and there is a very good chance it becomes a court battle. If so, I say the BBC will be getting a bloody nose.

What a right mess they have found themselves in.

By their own standards now anyone who appears on the BBC can no longer be critical in any way of the government and must tweet at all times impartially.

This may be how they manage to actually take themselves down.

Fair play to the other pundits for standing up for him solidarity is the only way you can take down a corrupt government that has decided the only way it wins another election is through division.

By letting this story blow up and acting swiftly the BBC has opened up a huge can of worms that they probably can’t get the lid back on.

You have to wonder why the tweet by Lineker was singled out amongst 100s of tweets that made the same links.

Ok so, putting aside the principle. Does anyone have a view on the actual statement made by Lineker?

Deflecting the attention from Fiona Bruce who did not really deal very well with the discussion on Question Time about Stanley Johnson breaking his wife's nose, especially as it was International Women's Day 24 hours earlier.

Ok so, putting aside the principle. Does anyone have a view on the actual statement made by Lineker?
He didn't call anyone anything, he drew attention to the language the Tories are using, and the similarities to language used in the past.

That's what happens when a Tory doner, who helps the PM get finances, somehow gets the job of head of the BBC

He didn't call anyone anything, he drew attention to the language the Tories are using, and the similarities to language used in the past.
Thats hardly a view you have expressed is it?
Some may say his comparison was way over the top and out of order.

They've shot themselves in foot, no presenters want to do it. Airing the show with no pundits or presenters

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back