Neuer snubs United

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I wanted too...But Stekelenburg is a real top goalkeeper either, and surely wants to exit Ajax.

Stekelenburg would be a lot cheaper too. Liked the look of him at last year's WC, not seen him at Ajax, seemingly doing very well on the international stage. He's a big man, gets down quick, seems to have good feet, good shot stopper. Need to see more really.

Not sure about Akinfeev myself. Was excellent when we played CSKA but he is quite small and isn't good under high balls. A lot like Reina really...

Agree with that, IrishManc. Not seen them but Russian football watchers say he's made a lot of mistakes. Personally think you've got to be tall and stocky aswell as having the talent to make it with us as a Keeper. Which is why Neuer was the one i'd hoped we'd get, talented and big built, his frame reminds me of Schmeichel.

Who knows whether Bierhoff can change Neuer's mind? Probably not as the lad wants to stay where he is.

Fergie will get his man... whoever that is. Probably Almunia given his previous track record of replacing World Class goalkeepers.

My bets are on David de Gea, for some reason I have a feeling we might go for Reina! though I doubt Liverpool will sell him to us!

According to German journo Raphael Honigstein, he's off to Bayern, if the 2 clubs can agree a fee.

I'm watching MUTV, Gary Pallister said that he thought Fergie gave Neuer his number when he shook hands with him. 'Give us a ring son'. lol.

Neuer signed a pre-contract with Bayern ca. two years ago. There were some rumours then and he suddenly started to speak totally differently about Schalke and Bayern since these days. But Neuer would have had big problems at Schalke if the fans knew, so Uli Hoeness promised Neuer that only the big bosses will know of the deal and that media and public will not be informed. What happened then? Coaches changed over the years, and suddenly Louis Van Gaal said, Kraft is the new number one keeper of Bayern as he is as good as Neuer. The fans were excited since they don't like Neuer anyway. But the bosses? They were speechless and totally angry about Van Gaal. Why beeing angry when a coach, who discovered a young goalkeeper named Van der Sar and a young keeper named Victor Valdez tells you, that you will save 25 mio euro cause he discovered another great keeper who is already in your youth team? Of course because you have already the deal with Neuer. Things went off. Fans went crazy. Van Gaal was fired. The interimscoach suddenly had to replace Kraft with Butt. And now things can go their way... Neuer publishes via Facebook that he will leave Schalke. And Bayern will present him as new keeper in the next weeks.

Polar opposite to our deal with De Gea. Hava agreed with the club but not with player. If we don't get De Gea, VDS has to get a new deal

“We at FC Bayern are delighted at signing Manuel Neuer on a long-term contract. He is not only the first-choice goalkeeper for Germany, he is one of the best keepers in the world,” commented FCB chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. Neuer will travel to Munich next week for the obligatory medical, and to sign the contract committing him to FCB until 30 June 2016.

FC Bayern München AG

No surprise, his heart is set on winning the Bundesliga. Germany is very much like England in that few players leave there.

Think I would rather have Neuer over De Gea, at present anyway (let's hope we confirm De Gea and he proves me wrong!) Akinfeev from CSKA would be a good shout too but we hardly seem to have been linked with him coming up to summer. Think De Gea is done and dusted, just waiting on official confirmation. Neuer seems to be one of several big names that have snubbed us in the last 4-5 years, let's hope this trend doesn't continue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back