Nagelsmann to join Bayern

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Was always going to happen when Flich decided to leave it's just what Bayern do always weaken your rivals if you can.

Will be interesting to see how he does there's been a lot of talk around him for a few years now built an impressing Leipzig side but Bayern needs work they are very reliant on some senior players and 2 of those are likely to depart this summer in Alaba and Boateng.

They are a little bit light on numbers the squad was a lot thinner this season than last season which upset Flich and eventually led to the breakdown with the board.

I thought Klopp would go there actually, especailly after Liverpool revealed their accounts today.

He's got a tough job there, some players getting old, although the league is quite easy I suppose

I'm not convinced Klopp wanted to get involved with the politics of Bayern don't think that really appeals to him.

He's on to a good thing at Liverpool but going to be tough for him to rebuild unless they somehow get into the top 4.

The good news for the new guy I guess is Bayern have already weakened Leipzig by signing their star CB and Dortmund will probably lose 1 of their key men this summer so yeah the league should be nailed on but Bayern judges itself by Europe. Even with the changes they'll still be one of the favourites for the champions league. Pretty much every decent side in Europe apart from City needs a rebuild right now and they are all skint.

Cheering for a side like Bayern is pretty much the epitome of glory hunting, but I've grown in my admiration/respect for them lately. Probably because it's a proper old European institution that runs itself properly. They've got football men in control that prioritize winning and success on the pitch over everything else. No fuss over transfers, no drawn out bs sagas to drive social media presence and no insane fees paid for the latest flash in the pan. They just get on with things in what seems (from afar) to be a dignified way. Pretty much everything we used to be until Ed/Glazers decided that throwing up all over ourselves was the life we were all about.

Got to agree, I don't know much about them really, but from a disance they seem like a really well run club.

It's a tricky one if you grow up in Munich or come from a family of Munich supporters is it really fair to call you a glory hunter?

German football is generally set up for the benefit of the national team they don't have this club vs country culture we have in England.

So all the best talent congregating at Bayern is often quite good for the national team so I don't think fans hate it as much as we do and they've also been good to other clubs in times of need. Think I'm right in saying when Dortmund were in major financial trouble in the early 00's Bayern helped them out to keep them afloat.

Yes the fans all want to see Bayern lose every game because they win all the time but they at least feel they all get a shared benefit from it when the strong Bayern side brings most of the team together for the national side.

Their fans do have a big social awareness too they're currently protesting against the board over a decision to allow sponsorship from Qatar airways given their human rights record and they are fierce defenders of the 50+1 rule.

Really in history the only team that ever stops Bayern in Bayern they have always had these periods where the in fighting gets so bad that it destabilises the club but they've not really had that to often in recent years. There's still enough of that Pep Guardiola DNA in that squad that just makes them a relentless winning machine and the teams chasing them normally bottle it which helps them a lot.

No, it's not fair. I was thinking in terms of myself cheering for Munich when I am not from there or have family who supports them. There is a lot to respect about the way they conduct themselves, and German football culture as a whole actually. Their supporters have much more of a social conscience, protesting everything from Monday night football to Dietmar Hopp pumping a lot of his own money into a club he once played for. I'm actually quite jealous because they put us to shame in so many ways.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back