Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive again. If he carries on improving like he has in the last 12 months then he's got a good chance of making it.

Fantastic performance. Assured, reading of the game excellent, look comfortable on the ball and strong in the tackle.

All round excellent performance. Showed he has what he takes to make it at this club. Putting in a performance like that against Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Sturridge etc is incredible at 19.

Hopefully if we have another defensive crisis Keane will play there and not Carrick

Super performance. His reading of the game and decision making really was top notch. I've been critical in the past but long may he prove me wrong.

Thought he did very well. We'll hopefully see more of him this season and for many years.

Big fan of Keane, looks a top prospect. Against Chelsea was fearless and didnt look out of his depth. My worry is with Wootton, ok he made two mistakes against Chelsea. Anyone can do that let alone a novice but he looks very cumbersome and slow. I notice he always gets a place on the bench this season ahead of Keane. Is this simply coz he's 21 and slightly more senior to Keane?! Very early on for both of their Utd careers but at first few glances, Keane seems a better player

Wootton had performed well prior to the last 20 minutes of normal time in the Chelsea game. Keane is the better prospect but he himself shows that you should never write a young player off, for much of his youth career he didn't look like much of a prospect. Wootton probably made the bench on Saturday as a show of confidence and because the Keane loan move was already in the pipeline.

Wootton has more first team experience than Keane. Was on loan in the Championship last season. At this stage he's ahead of Keane because of this. It's better for Keane to be on loan than sitting on the bench, he hasn't played much first team football. The loan will be very good for him despite it only being for a month.

Keane has been called up to England's U21s for the fixture against Austria.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hell of a goal.

Change of subject... If he hasn't gone on loan by then, i'd like to see him feature in the League Cup game against Norwich, at least be on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back