Michael Carrick | Match Performance Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ I went into this thread expecting at least a 50/50 in terms of how everyone rates him. Did not envisage the Carrick love in thatnive read over the past 4 pages.

I'm a huge admirer of Carrick, I think he's an exceptional footballer who does all the simple things right. Personally I believe we are missing him at the minute more than anyone has mentioned. When fully fit for me he'd be a first choice for the midfield, though I accept that at the minute that is not really much of a challenge. Even if SAF is to continue with Rooney in the middle of the park, Carrick would be the perfect sidekick for him.

Forgot to mention, his pass to Hernandez on Saturday was the best bit of play the entire match.

Yeah this is probably the only place you can go to where there is a majority support for Carrick. I like him a lot, don't want to make out he's a world class player because he's not but he is a very good player and a team player.

So far this season, it seems to me like Fergie is trying to free him up from the role he has been playing in recent seasons. Looking forward to a Carrick-Cleverley combination.

Xabi Alonso: "Carrick: he makes those around him better, regardless of the fact that he's not one who scores the most goals, or a great tackler."

It really is such a shame that Alonso played for Liverpool. I would have him at United. Just read an interview on the Guardian website with him and he just doesn't seem like a Liverpool player. Talks a lot of sense.

Best United player on the pitch. First Prem start of the season, his presence has perhaps been missed, especially in Cleverley's absence. I truly believe that if we can keep Cleverley fit in the 2nd half of the season, the 2 could make us a much better side.

Couldnt of asked anymore from him really MOTM along with Park.

The difference a Michael Carrick makes. His passing and interceptions were highlights. He should be fresh and ready for a run in the team.

Carrick the 2007 version is quality, shame he will miss the next match was never a yellow.

Ridiculous decision, I didn't even think it was a foul at first, looked a brilliant tackle.

The notoriously slow starter should be kicking into gear come Christmas. I remember Carrick to be shockingly bad in the first third of the season for the past few seasons. He has usually been imperiously good in the last third, when it really matters. Another good game from him last night.

The only thing about him now is his mental block about playing against Barcelona. Conquer that and we'll win the Champions League again.

Very good first half thought he faded in the second more but he wasnt bad made some sloppy passes but who didnt?

Thought he was excellent today. Shame our 4 attackers weren't. Also good to see him attempting a few shots too, seems to be more confident than he has done at the moment.

A solid game from him today and I was very impressed. Lovely passing, picking up his man, closing out danger, nicking in and getting the ball and creating forward passes to start moves. Keep it up Michael :D

Excellent performance again from Carrick. We'll miss him on Wednesday

Excellent... again. Looks more confident to me. Will be missed on Wednesday but i'm sure we'll be OK without him.

Carrick is a class apart from our other midfielders. He's put in top performances for years. Cleverley can become the same but he's not done enough just yet.

Can't believe we're in December and we've yet to see a Carrick-Cleverley partnership. So disappointing that Cleverley got injured.

Top class performance, bossed it and what a goal. I was delighted for him.

Heard the United fans singing Viva Ronaldo in the 2nd half.... Should have been Viva Michael Carrick... Ronaldo would have been proud of that goal

ibmNH24j4fHyIK.gif

Very good again tonight. Had to be more disciplined tonight with Giggs next to him, hopefully Jones' injury isn't too bad because Giggs can't play every week and we have no one else right now.

Very good again tonight. Had to be more disciplined tonight with Giggs next to him, hopefully Jones' injury isn't too bad because Giggs can't play every week and we have no one else right now.

Took the words from my fingers :) Carrick's positioning and close link play was class.

We didn't control the game in the 2nd half as we did in the 1st. Perhaps a bit of complacency. Carrick could have passed 100 passes had we controlled possession as well as the 1st half.

United when Michael Carrick is on the pitch: 9 appearances, 90% win percentage, 18 goals scores, 2 conceded.

Hate seeing him at the back after his recent terrific performances in the midfield. Can do a job against Wigan but playing against experienced big forwards is a different ball game.

Probably our best player tonight. Giggs and Rooney let him down. Carrick was pretty much in midfield alone against a very good midfield duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back