Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross_

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Yanga-Mbiwa-wants-Manchester-United-move.html

Arsenal target Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has admitted he dreams of playing in the Premier League – but for Manchester United.

The Montpellier central defender has said United are his preferred choice and his career ambition is to play for the league leaders.

'My dream is to play wearing the shirt (of United) at Old Trafford,' he told France Football. My favourite club, without a doubt, is United.'

'In my dreams, I am sliding on my knees towards the corner at the stadium. I am scoring a decisive goal from a corner, a header. That would be alright!'

The 23-year old was linked with a move to the Emirates in the summer, after lifting the Ligue 1 title with Montpellier, but a deal failed to materialise.

Montpellier meanwhile are barely recognisable from their phenomenal season last term, despite having managed to claw themselves from 16th to 11th in the table.

Losing Yanga-Mbiwa would represent a colossal blow for the champions, who have already lost defender Cyril Jeunechamp to a year-long ban, for striking L’Equipe journalist Jose Barroso in the face, after he took offence to an article Barroso published in November.

Should United try to sign him now? Because he's going to cost between £8m - £12m, but if he joins Newcastle and impresses then if we want him he could cost £20m+.

Don't think he's good enough to start for us. There are better options to replace Rio or Vida with. He'd be a good signing as a squad player, quite a versatile defender.

If we're signing a CB it has to be an experienced one we have plenty of developing talents like Smalling, Jones, Wooton & M. Keane. I know nothing about this lad but for me we need to sign a CB with pace to compliment what we already have.

It sounds harsh but Rio/Vidic need replacing this summer we can't keep hoping they'll be the players they were in 08 again injuries have hurt them and we need to find a settled pairing.

Based on the last 18 months for me that's Evans + 1 you don't rotate at CB you need a first choice pair every top club has this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back