Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleepy said:
Good point re 4-5-1 JSNFRMN. We certainly do tire - I also wanted Carrick in behind Fletch Sch today, and Scholes benched if indeed we went 4-4-2. My only criticism of Fergie would be why Berba and not Chica? The former is still the best forward in Prem at holding the ball and taking pressure off team for crucial seconds. Ah well, 2-0

Though Berbatov was having a poor game I was surprised he was the one replaced too. As you point out, Berbatov is one of the better players in the Premier League of holding up the ball, which is important in the lone striker role. Perhaps what Jason suggested is the reason why.

Updated the stats mate. Fully updated them too. Got all the assists in (I think) that you missed too.

Funny thing is he's got 9 assists and one of his biggest criticisms is his crossing and set piece taking. Imagine what he's going to do once he starts consistently crossing well... I can't wait.

Nani's form during 2010 has been sensational. If he continues to improve at the the same rate he will become a top top player, just a few tweaks are needed. There are areas which require improving, but the same can be said for the majority of footballers. He is now one of our main attacking weapons.

Fergie - Gomes to blame: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6477950,00.html

"It was bizarre," said the United manager. "No-one knew at the time what was wrong. One minute the goalkeeper had the ball in his hands and next it's in his net.

"Nani looked back and looked at the referee and the referee said play on, so what can he do but put the ball in the net.

"You can look at the referee and look at the linesmen and blame them, but the goalkeeper should know better. He's an experienced goalkeeper. I thought he made a mess of it.

"I thought it was a penalty first of all and I think Nani felt he handled the ball. But the referee didn't blow for it.

"The referee played on because the goalkeeper took possession of the ball. He then went to take a free-kick thinking it was a foul. He made an error."

Putting the controversy aside, it was a very good game to watch. Especially the first half. A lot of balance on both sides.

Some people say that Rafael is weak in the marking. I think this problem was solved yesterday then. He put one of the best wingers in the world nowaday on his pocket. And this is not a small thing. Coincidentally, Bale started playing a little better when he was replaced for Brown. Indeed, Wes had more freedom to attack than Rafa. And I don't know if that was his decision or Ferguson's.

I liked the defense. No lapses, no errors, no goals conceded. And they all had good performances.

The midfield also behaved well. Just didn't like Fletcher. Gave the ball away ALL THE TIME. Mainly in second half. Moreover, many unnecessary fouls. On the other hand, Carrick finally seems to be regaining his old form. Good passes, tackles, ball distribution .... Keep up the good work, Michael.

Park was the big surprise, considering his recent performances as a winger. A shot off the post, some several good passes, Movement, marking ... excellent performance.

Nani has solved a crucial problem. inconsistency. Currently he is our best player. Despite some errors in the passing, he was pivotal again.

The team seems to be getting back on track. I think until december the them will be "normal" again.

The things I read on twitter last night were laughable. Here's some of the things I read:

"Sad times for #mufc since they have to drop down to that level to ensure they win games."

"ref ignored linesman who saw the handball to still allow the goal, yet another pay off from fergie"

"Absolutely shocking lack of sportsmanship by both nani and #mufc cheating diving cnut"

If the boot was on the other foot, I doubt we'd be complaining this much and we certainly wouldn't have "neutrals" on our side. Mind you I don't think we have a goalkeeper who is as braindead as Gomes.

Hated, Adored, Never Ignored. feck the haters. United we Stand!

van der vaart had like one shot all game. cant work out why everyone is so worried about his performance. it was the quietest he and bale have been all season.
to quote rio:
Rafa da silva was Major 2day, defending was top drawer against the in form Bale. The defender in me made me highlight that!

honestly dont think scoring a tap in and taking a free kick is man of the match performance. Nani was good, but the rest of the midfield was brilliant. I havtn been able to sit back and admire a Carrick performance like that , but he was in his best position and was able to influence the game like he used to. I still maintain when Fletcher and Carrick are at their best like that they are our best, and the way they ran a two man midfield was superb. And their passing was birlliant as well. And same goes to Park. Was very lively, easily his best performance of the season.

Same goes to the defence. Just too strong all game. Rafael was incredible, had Bale in his pocket all game. Only influence Bale had was when the ball was miles out. Vidic brilliant goal, and what a difference a fit Ferdinand makes.

All in all, a solid, well deserved win

Did anyone notice that Bale had to run infield a lot yesterday. Shows how good Rafael was.

I'm the same I feel Carrick and Fletch are our best when on top of their games. I don't think we're safe with Scholes in a 2 man mid now, need someone who can do more running, he's better off now in a 3 man mid, where he doesn't have to do as much running.

While he's still a brilliant player, i'm not doubting that, he always will have that incredible range of passing, maybe he's been a weakness in our midfield so far this season in a 4-4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back