Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishManc.

Sport | Football | Manchester United to firm interest in Lille’s Lucas DigneExpress.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express

MANCHESTER UNITED are keeping tabs on Lille’s Lucas Digne.

The highly-rated left-back has been tracked by United, and his mature performances have increased speculation that a move could be on the cards for the 19-year-old.

Although Patrice Evra is currently first-choice left-back at Old Trafford, manager Sir Alex Ferguson recognises the need for competition in that position.

Summer signing Alex Buttner hasn’t quite seen his United career take off in the way he would have liked, and Digne is considered an attractive alternative.

French football site Mercato365.com state United are expected to launch a bid for Digne in the coming months.
They also report that he is on the radar of rivals City and Liverpool.

Digne has been an ever present feature of the Lille team and has made 20 starts this season.

He is under contract with Lille until June 2017.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are linked with a few up and coming left backs in the next year or two. Luke Shaw of Southampton will also be examined I'm sure, as might Jetro Willems who we've been linked with previously.

I'd love Shaw or Willems. I think both will be challenging for the best LBs in the world in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back