Loan Watch 2022/23: Eric Bailly at Marseille

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really think this is a shame. I know he's prone to errors and injuries but I would have kept him. He's the most Ten Hag ready player.

Hopefully that's him gone for good.

6m euro transfer fee becomes automatic if they qualify for CL this season and he plays a certain number of games and they are covering 100% of his wages.

Needs a new start I think it's a good move for him.

Their fans will either love him or hate him.

Just had a random thought about Bailly. Anyone heard how he’s performing?

Got injured just before the World Cup but started both games since the restart.

From memory they have to buy him from us if they finish in the top 4 they’re currently 3rd

Sent off.

It wasn't great but i've seen a lot worse high tackles, and it's not Bailly's fault the guy was a wuss and had to go to hospital - the normal ban for a straight red should've been enough. United tax spread over to bans now, whatever next.

France has a record of handing out these sort of extended bans.

What Bailly did was incredibly dangerous and he deserves the ban.

Hopefully this doesn't impact on Marseilles obligation to buy him at the end of the season.

France has a record of handing out these sort of extended bans.

What Bailly did was incredibly dangerous and he deserves the ban.

Hopefully this doesn't impact on Marseilles obligation to buy him at the end of the season.

The French are tame compared to the Belgians, when Ronnie Wallwork was on loan at feeder club Royal Antwerp in 1999 he was given a life-ban for grabbing the Referee, which was later reduced after an appeal by the club.

Guessing that means no more games because if he plays a certain number of games or they qualify for the CL they have to buy him.

Another wastoid we'll have hanging around

The shambles is this guy was given a new contract just like Jones and many others under the Woodward era must be 100's of millions wasted on wages by the club in recent years on lads who never play.

The shambles is this guy was given a new contract just like Jones and many others under the Woodward era must be 100's of millions wasted on wages by the club in recent years on lads who never play.
Makes my blood boil when I think of how the club was run under Woodward's tenure. I can only think the attitude was to offer contracts to then be able to recoup a nominal fee for the player when sold, except these are players who others clubs do not want.

Makes my blood boil when I think of how the club was run under Woodward's tenure. I can only think the attitude was to offer contracts to then be able to recoup a nominal fee for the player when sold, except these are players who others clubs do not want.

Players were treated as assets on a balance sheet it was always cheaper to renew than replace, which was the business model.

The issue isn't just a Man Utd issue the premier league clubs are now so much richer than all the other clubs in Europe that we can only really sell to each other and when we show an interest in a player we all pay a huge premium. If you buy a bad player it's basically impossible to get rid of them until the contracts are up as other leagues can't get near the transfer fees or wages.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back