Liverpool Discussion 2023/24

Possession.... Liverpool 21% - City 79%. That's pretty crazy for Anfield.

Even with that possession stat, Liverpool have looked easily the most likely this half. Diaz with a great run... sense a goal coming....

Yeah, I didn't think it sounded right, but it did come up in the corner of the screen I'm watching. Perhaps it was for a certain time period.

These 2 and Arsenal are in a different league compared to us. And of course these are the best two coaches in the world. Look at what both of them did in using their subs. Klopp kept Salah back and Pep pulled off De Bruyne. Would we ever see Bruno being subbed the he is not playing well or for tactical reasons?

Starting to think Bruno has a special contract clause about minutes on the pitch. He simply is playing too much and is probably not to blame for his poor form at this point, but yeah... we don't do tactical subs, just pointless ones at the end of the game whether we're winning or losing.

Starting to think Bruno has a special contract clause about minutes on the pitch. He simply is playing too much and is probably not to blame for his poor form at this point, but yeah... we don't do tactical subs, just pointless ones at the end of the game whether we're winning or losing.
You win at the end of 90 mins and time added on. So I see no reason why our best 11 has to start every game. Top coaches do not do that. When legs are tiring even though you are a brilliant player then you slow down and it is also better to bring in fresh players who may not be technically that good but will hold out for that rest of the 30 or 20 minutes. Or bring in someone like Salah when defenders are tired. I remember Martial scoring number of goals coming on as a sub during the time of Jose.

You win at the end of 90 mins and time added on. So I see no reason why our best 11 has to start every game. Top coaches do not do that. When legs are tiring even though you are a brilliant player then you slow down and it is also better to bring in fresh players who may not be technically that good but will hold out for that rest of the 30 or 20 minutes. Or bring in someone like Salah when defenders are tired. I remember Martial scoring number of goals coming on as a sub during the time of Jose.
The Salah sub was nearly total gold. He had Diaz in within 2 minutes, and it should have been 2-1. Coaches are the difference to teams right at the top where every little thing matters. Small margins as they say. Klopp proved again just why Liverpool will not be able to replace him. He can't do much more than he did today, but that depleted Liverpool side had a full strength City worried for most of the second half.

Going to enjoy when they are both gone, and the league evens up again a bit. That is if Pep doesn't just keep on signing extensions. He's a total troll. He was meant to leave at the end of this season I believe...

Scouse will be kicking themselves for not winning that they were well on top second half.

Scouse will be kicking themselves for not winning that they were well on top second half.
I was surprised to see how rattled City was and yes Liverpool should have won that game. How much open space they had against the City midfield and how they were so quick to the ball. If they play like this against us in the Cup we haven't got a chance.

I was surprised to see how rattled City was and yes Liverpool should have won that game. How much open space they had against the City midfield and how they were so quick to the ball. If they play like this against us in the Cup we haven't got a chance.
Klopp is a great manager, United looked at him..dithered and missed out.

People love to ignore facts to create a narrative. Klopp did not hold Salah back for tactical reasons. Salah wasn’t fit to play 90 minutes.

De Bruyne wasn’t taken off for tactical reasons he picked up a knock.

Liverpool should have won today but Edersons injury could be key in the title run in. City are a lot more exposed at the back without him and their build up play is hampered as the team has to defend 20 yards deeper and can’t suffocate teams.

People love to ignore facts to create a narrative. Klopp did not hold Salah back for tactical reasons. Salah wasn’t fit to play 90 minutes.

Liverpool should have won today but Edersons injury could be key in the title run in. City are a lot more exposed at the back without him and their build up play is hampered as the team has to defend 20 yards deeper and can’t suffocate teams.
This is where it is exactly tactical. He could have started with Salah and taken him off if he is not fit to play for 90 minutes. But he only brought him on when the equilibrium has shifted to Liverpool. As DeBruyne it could be that he was injured but Pep was never afraid of taking players off when he feels it is tactically better to make a change.

Klopp is a better manager than Pep in my view.

They play football that is more fun to watch for one. But Pep has only ever gone into a team where all the top players in the league exist. Klopp has done well at Dortmund and turned round an under performing Liverpool. With lots of injuries he's got the youth playing well. Glad he's leaving.

All this talk I hear about Pep being the greatest manager winds me up, go up to Aberdeen and win in Europe mate, turn around a sleeping giant. Without cheating your bank balance.

Two great managers that have built both their clubs into their image.

Liverpool will be gutted that they didn't win that game yesterday they certainly had the chances but City also hit the woodwork twice and Foden had a great chance.

I didn't see the decision at the end but sounds like it was a nailed on penalty that the ref missed and VAR didn't give.

I second the above I'm glad Klopp is going following him is going to be a very tough job for any manager will be a real test of how well they are being run behind the scenes.

Two great managers that have built both their clubs into their image.

Liverpool will be gutted that they didn't win that game yesterday they certainly had the chances but City also hit the woodwork twice and Foden had a great chance.

I didn't see the decision at the end but sounds like it was a nailed on penalty that the ref missed and VAR didn't give.

I second the above I'm glad Klopp is going following him is going to be a very tough job for any manager will be a real test of how well they are being run behind the scenes.
It was one of those things where the VAR goes with the on field decision. It was chest high and he kicked the ball first. It wasn't as bad as some say. It wasn't an absolute penalty as the two given for us against Everton

It was one of those things where the VAR goes with the on field decision. It was chest high and he kicked the ball first. It wasn't as bad as some say. It wasn't an absolute penalty as the two given for us against Everton

Ball first doesn't actually matter dangerous play is dangerous play.

If your foot is high enough to go into a guys chest then it's dangerous play and a foul.

Anyway I was happy with the decision.

Ball first doesn't actually matter dangerous play is dangerous play.

If your foot is high enough to go into a guys chest then it's dangerous play and a foul.

Anyway I was happy with the decision.
I would not consider it dangerous play because he actually toe punted it away and wasn't a kick. We would be screaming if it was not given to us and screaming if it was against us too. Outside the box it would be given for sure. Inside the box defenders get away with a lot more.

The studs have still gone into the guys chest even if you did kick the ball away first it falls into that grey area of endangering the opponent.

I haven't seen it full speed but it looked a pen from the replays I saw.

You haven't made any point. Even less any sense. Football fans actually care about games like that - they're what the league is all about, whether it's Liverpool or not. It was a great game too, it's you who's missing out.

You haven't made any point. Even less any sense. Football fans actually care about games like that - they're what the league is all about, whether it's Liverpool or not. It was a great game too, it's you who's missing out.

And you can walk on as well ....

State of this forum at times :rolleyes:

Yeah, the state of it. How dare we discuss anything Liverpool because it doesn't matter in your eyes. Just don't comment if you don't care.

Yeah, the state of it. How dare we discuss anything Liverpool because it doesn't matter in your eyes. Just don't comment if you don't care.

Congratulations @Jayc1860, your abrasive posting style and constant sucking up has brought you to the attention of the Mod team, and we'd like to invite you to join us at our next Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Moderators convention. Fees to be discussed later ...

"We are the Mods, we are the mods, we are we are we are the mods"

Congratulations @Jayc1860, your abrasive posting style and constant sucking up has brought you to the attention of the Mod team, and we'd like to invite you to join us at our next Brotherhood/Sisterhood of Moderators convention. Fees to be discussed later ...

"We are the Mods, we are the mods, we are we are we are the mods"
*tumbleweed*

Thats not what Pep said.

That's what I heard as well Pep wasn't happy with the control they had in midfield so he changed De Bruyne for Kovacic.

As for Liverpool pretty impressive and equally annoying that they basically rebuilt their first choice midfield in 1 summer.

Couldn't find an England related thread so might as well post in here ....

Can somebody please explain to me why 'average Joe' Gomez who only gets a game at Liverpool if Konate, Matip and/or one of their fullbacks is injured. is in the squad having last been in a squad 4 years ago.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back