Leighton Baines transfer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
£10m max for me. Would provide good competition, think he's consistent and solid. 6-7/10 every game sort of player I think.

Everton being linked with Reto Ziegler. More reports claiming a deal for Baines is close, 12 million up front that could rise to 16 million.

Can't post the link but tomorrows Times is claiming we are preparing a 10 million offer to land Baines. Realistic figure.

Thought Baines put in a good defensive shift. I do think the defence liability tag is a little unfair. He was okay going forward as well.

His FK nearly went in. DDG saved wonderfully. Don't think VDS could have saved that. Defended well too.

Can we get him for around 12m max? We probably won't.

Baines this summer is now unlikely following the signing of Buttner.

Yeah no chance, been no chance since Everton quoted us best part of £20 million or something ridiculous.

Think it's unlikely to happen. He's been in good form this season so I doubt his price will have dropped since the summer.

Been more impressed this season than I had before. Evra's improved too but clearly coming to an end. Suppose the question is... is £15m worth it for 5 or so years? Perhaps. Could we get someone younger, potentially better and cheaper? Probably.

We have made a bid of £10-12m for Baines according to The Times.

Evra's off if true. Can't see us keeping both. Fabio as backup, Buttner on loan somewhere.

Everton have rejected an official bid for Baines, according to Sky Sports.

I'd prefer to keep Evra if i'm honest. If he wants to leave, think we should be looking at getting someone better. One of Real Madrid's LB's must be wanting to be first choice LB, i'd take either over Baines even if it did cost more. Baines is very good in attack but don't think he's good enough defensively for us and would get found out in Europe.

£15m should be our maximum offer, even though I'd much rather Luke Shaw or Fabio Coentrao, who are both younger and would cost less.

Shaw would probably be cheaper, but not sure about Coentrao, Cordon.

Think he would be, he's asked to leave & Madrid are willing to sell. Test the water with a bid of £10m.

No chance we'd get Coentrao for that much. A better option than Baines though. Would also prefer to go for Shaw. However would also stick with what we've got anyway unless Evra wishes to leave, I don't see the need for another experienced left back.

Martinez:

"We've had no approaches for any of our players. There was a previous approach that was well documented and well known for Leighton. That was a final offer, and that was done."

Everton have rejected £28m joint bid from United for Fellaini and Baines.

Don't need him. We should be looking to sign a young left back, like Shaw or Willems.

I would probably agree with that. He is a decent left back but no better than evra and only three years younger. Evra has at least one more year in him, probably two, so it would be better to sign a younger player.

Yep. Only reason i'd get a new LB right now is if a top class one came along. Don't see Baines as an improvment on Evra.

Evra is at least as good as him on the field, a senior member and a captain. Baines is not needed especially with Fabio, who deserves a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back