League Cup: Man Utd vs Man City Wed 6th Jan 19.45pm ko

Went past both the centre backs a real sloppy set piece to let it.

Just didn’t react at all

Greenwood on for McTominay

Pogba dropping back into the midfield.

Been bright but just can’t get past their centre backs Dias is having a blinder

Greenwood on for McTominay

Pogba dropping back into the midfield.

Been bright but just can’t get past their centre backs Dias is having a blinder
Yep Dias and Stones are having very good games. Still think we’ve got a chance or two in us but got to buck up in the final third.

Martial should be booked for diving there

Yeah was blatant really looking for it even if there was a slight clash of knees.

Just feels like a game where the goal just isn’t going to come just got to keep plugging away and hope a good chance comes.

Struggled again against top opposition at home.

Think we’ve played ok just not been sharp enough in the final 1/3.

They’ve played well but difference is they haven’t given us a sniff at goal all night.

Bet VDB is buzzing to get 5 minutes off the bench at 2 nil down.

They were just more clinical in the end. Thought we played okay but a little lethargic. Think a few need a little breather which they’ll hopefully get against Watford.

Should have had some of our big hitters on the bench. Poor decisions from Ole to start with Bruno and Rash in my opinion. So, now we have lost and none of our big hitters rested.
Pissed off with that to be honest.

I thought Bailly could have been rested at the weekend and not tonight.

Don't lose any sleep over last night lads, the league is what it is all about this season, chance of winning the big prize, I'd play the youth team in the FA cup and Europa, league points are king.

Sort of slept on it and don't think either team can really say their attacking players turned up on the night both defences were on top of the attacking players but we switched off on a set piece that cost us and the second goal again AWB maybe could get a bit more on the clearance but it was a peach of a strike.

Dissapointing for Ole 4 semi final defeats out of 4 but you could look at it the other way and say we've reach the semi's in every cup competition he's entered so far (apart from the CL this season).

I think overall you can still see progress we can have a go at these better teams now whereas before it was hanging on for dear life and hoping for a lucky break but there is still a quality gap to overcome against the very best around.

Important thing now is not to get bogged down by it the players need to clear their minds and get back on the horse focus on putting it right in the other contests.

I think Ole got the line up correct and to be fair think he got the subs correct as well I don't like Rashford on the right but he's probably the best we have in that spot currently.

I think when you see Bailly on form and then go back to Lindelof, there is a stark contrast. Not saying Bailly would have stopped either goal but think he would have made more of an effort to stop the ball in for the first.

Ole clearly sees Lindelof and Maguire as number 1 but I do hope that Bailly was just given a rest because he’s done more than enough to be a starter in the last few weeks.

Could have been fitness concerns with Bailly he's gone from no football to back to back games in a short period and Ole maybe felt Lindelof's style of defending was suited to the City game.

I do think Lindelof and Maguire were in good form together before Lindelof's injury so not to worried that he's gone back them Lindelof only dropped out of the team because of injury it wasn't form that lost him his spot.

From the reporting at the time it sounded like Lindelof was going to be out for a while but they clearly feel they can manage this issue.

The issue with Bailly as always is you just can't trust him to not do something completely mad with VAR that man is a red card waiting to happen with the way he flies around the pitch. I love the madness it's great fun but I can see why a manager wouldn't trust him in a big game unless he had to.

Not sure why you're picking Lindelof out when it was Maguire who defended like a schoolboy.

Do lose sleep over last night...
...RM got it wrong.
It’s not about a 2nd rate cup...
...it’s the knock-on effect this will have in the league.
And OGS not being able to win semi finals.

Not sure why you're picking Lindelof out when it was Maguire who defended like a schoolboy.

You can take your pick along the line no one drops in to cover the front post then Lindelof sort of dangles a leg and misses (it's at a very awkward height) Maguire isn't able to react fast enough and Stone arrives just in time to bundle it in.

Think it was a miss-hit cross that just caught everyone out.

still, no need to pick Lindelof out was the point really, but yeah.

Assume the original post wasn't aimed at me but didn't see anyone calling out Lindelof more just a surprise that he came back in.

yeah, it was Super rash - Bailly should have stayed.

I'm not sure he's up to it yet, but I don't think I'd be dropping Lindelof anyway.

Maybe we should give Lindelof and Bailly another go.

Don't get why you'd drop Maguire though he's been in good form recently plus he's the captain, I think it's pretty clear he doesn't really trust Bailly which is why he always picks Lindelof ahead of him. The only reason Bailly has been in the team is injury if Lindelof is fit again my guess is he'll be going back in and Bailly drops to the bench.

As for VDB I think it's just the form of others keeping him out of the team he's not quite found his role in the side yet his chances have been limited and when he has played he's not really blown us away where you think wow he has to start the next game. He's been a 6-7/10 performance most of the time but he's feeding on scraps most games.

It's a tricky one because of the way the team is Ole seems to want two holders against the better sides which means 2 of Matic/Fred/McTominay will start and vs the weaker sides he tends to look for Pogba to be the playmaker with one holder. Bruno's form is a big problem for VDB as that who he's really competing with and there's no moving him. As for the midfield playmaker role Pogba has generally had a better impact when he's played than VDB.

With any player you have to bide your time and when the chance comes you have to take it my worry is we've signed a player who doesn't really fit the system/style we play.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back