League Cup - 2020/21 Luton v Man Utd - Tue 22nd Sept - 20.15 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do we need two DMs against Luton? Is Fred playing further forward?

Think it’s more a personnel option than tactical choice these two need the minutes in the legs.

That’s an amazing save from Henderson

I’ve got to disagree. He’s going the wrong way then gets back to it with the flick of the hand.

Nice to see Rashford and Greenwood get off the mark.

Think Ole got his selection spot on job done into the next lots of players getting some much needed playing side.

Good save from Henderson to keep it level capped a decent debut.

Could face back to back games vs Brighton now if they get through as we have them up next in the league.

Guys, fill me in.... I didn't watch last night, what was everyone like?

I didn't see it, but the BBC news feed made it sound like first half we were a bit sluggish.

Lots of calls for Ole out on the news feed. Ar$£h01£5

Why is it Ole loses one match, with only 1 preseason game, pundits etc say he needs to go, but Chelsea have spent a bomb and not improved, and Arteta lost loads last season but they are young progressive managers who need time. Gets on my T!t5

We played okay. First half was very sluggish. Lingard and Ma had good halves.

More of the same in the second half and Luton had their chances. Bringing on Fernandes, Rashford and Greenwood was good to kill the game.

It was good to get some game time for AWB and Matic. So overall a sluggish performance but I wasn’t surprised by that with lots of changes.

We started well then they came back into it neither team really creating many chances then we got a penalty and never really looked in trouble. Think both sides had one off the line at 1-0 they really pushed for last 20 minutes Utd put on the big guns and made them pay.

Was a pretty uneventful game to be honest both teams had made a lot of changes wasn't the Luton first team.

AWB looked good I thought seemed to have plenty of energy left even later in the game.

Was a bit of a funny formation with the 3 behind the striker all coming inside a lot there was no real width to the play which meant forcing it through the middle was tough.

No real shockers to reports but no real stand out performances.

Mata was probably the best player for us on the night and thought Lingard looked bright but when he got into shooting positions he kept missing the target.

My only worry on the night was Ighalo looks to have aged about a decade since he first arrived not sure how viable he is as an option to us even as a backup player/impact sub. Don't see his loan being extended beyond January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back