Jose Mourinho at Spurs 2020/21

jsp...
...agree about Jose, he was even more poisonous in Madrid. Couldn’t get him out fast enough.
Poch will, soon enough, land a big job.
If he gets the backing (which didn’t happen at Spurs) he will do well.
And win trophies...

I wouldn't guarantee it unless he gets one of the real impossible to not win jobs like PSG, Juventus or Bayern for example where the deck is heavily stacked in your favour.

I think Poch got Spurs close but couldn't get them over the line maybe he's a Brendan Rodgers rather than a Klopp/Guardiola we don't know that for sure but I think he's made every club he's been at so far better which is the sign of a good manager.

I like him I respect that others think he's a bit over hyped and I can see where that comes from but I think he could be a natural progression from Ole if Ole had to be moved on because of results as the tools for Pochetinno's style of football are all there. We can't do what we've been doing for the last decade is changing the style every time we change the manager as it sets us back to square one every time.

A late winner today.

Next 7 games are

City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Palace
Liverpool
Leicester
Wolves

That's an horrendous run and we'll know more about them after that.

4 points from their first 2 games of that run.

Mourinho has a new parking manoeuvre for the bus. Instead of the wide players sitting deep and tucking them in in a 6-3-1 he gives them their freedom and forces the CM fielders to sit deep in a 6-1-3

Against City they were lethal on the counter. Yesterday against Chelsea they created nothing.

Hopefully Arsenal turn up against them next week as you know with Mourinho sides if they get a lead they don't blow them.

Thinking of his league titles I don't think he's ever really blown a title or clawed back at someone. Always been a lights to flag winner.

Chelsea did what quite a few smaller teams have done against them sit a bit deeper and don't offer them that space it killed them a bit going forward but it really nullified Spurs. Chelsea I think were the better side they certainly had the better chances in the game and maybe deserved to nick it 1-0 Giroud will be disappointed he didn't punish that mistake by Rodon towards the end.

The challenge for Mourinho will be can he break down the teams who do park the bus he's got great weapons to do that with Son, Kane and possibly Bale who we are yet to really see. These are the games that so far they've just nicked by a goal if they can keep doing that they'll really be in business.

Think he's found a good system where the pieces all seem to fit he's got his 2 powerhouses in midfield, a bit of a trickster in N'Dombele and real quality up top.

He looks much happier at Spurs than he ever did at Utd could be as simple as living at home rather than in a hotel but he's getting results and I guess this counts as his second season which in his career has normally been his best work.

Chelsea were definitely the better side. But both teams seemed scare of defeat as opposing to wanting to win.

Was a bit of a throw back to the games between the top sides 10 years ago in England both teams are lethal on counters so neither team was prepared to come out and go for it.

Still think the squad at Spurs looks weak but he's got himself a core of players who he can rely on if injuries come to the key men can they cope? This is what's killed Spurs in recent seasons.

North London Derby today.

2,000 fans in the ground.

A win today would be another big marker laid down for Arsenal they desperately need a win.

2-0 at half time.

Two brilliant break away goals by Son and Kane.

Those two are a devastating partnership if they stay fit then Spurs will be right up there at the end of the season absolute world class and Mourinho has then firing.

Two fantastic goals. Arsenal are in real trouble of this getting embarrassing.

Arsenal are in real danger of having a bottom half finish this season

They look nothing like an Arsenal side at the moment absolutely no creativity or flair in the side.

Spurs were a typical Mourinho performance today get ahead then totally nullified the opponent let them sling in cross after cross knowing that their defence could deal with it.

Arsenal went a but Moyes vs Fulham chucking in cross after cross but with no one anywhere near getting on the end of it.

Mourinho has found something that works in the big games will it harvest enough points vs the weaker sides? With Son & Kane they could as they are a lethal pairing.

Just seen an interesting stat. In Pochettino’s final full season Spurs managed to amass 24 points after 11 games. In the current season and prior to today Spurs have amassed 24 points in 11 games.

Yeah it was January they fell apart and then didn't win another away game for a very long time.

Bale came on today did absolutely nothing that deal would be getting heavily scrutinised at a top club looks a shadow of the player he once was.

Wolves 1-1 Spurs

Went ahead but let in a late equaliser.

I didn’t watch it but sounds like after getting ahead they just sat off and tried to keep it at 0-1.

Got to say I saw about 5 minutes and that Neto looks a lovely player.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The damning thing for Spurs is that 7 of those came from the first 3.

Even worse is they've taken the lead in 3 of the other 4. They must have most points dropped from a winning position.

Got a few mates who are Spurs fans and he’s done exactly what I told them would happen.

He splits your fan base because of his methods into “he gets results” vs “his football is dreadful” so you just end up in an endless bickering loop depending on the results. Some fans just can’t get past the fact that he used to be the bad guy that you hated when he managed your rivals.

That said most Spurs fans are desperate for a trophy after 12 years without one they’d happily see him pick up a league cup with them then go.

He is hammering the players but surely they’re following the tactics when you get ahead you sit off but as my Spurs mate says they are actually rubbish at counter attacking because the whole team drops back. Reminds me a lot of us just hoofing the ball to Zlatan or Lukaku who was always out numbered and our wide players were miles away from him.

It's certainly a strange season. If at the start of the season you'd told them youd be 6 points off first at Christmas and in the semis of the league cup and through in the Europa they'd have took it. But because of how it's gone that's a dissapointment.

It's certainly a strange season. If at the start of the season you'd told them youd be 6 points off first at Christmas and in the semis of the league cup and through in the Europa they'd have took it. But because of how it's gone that's a dissapointment.

Think people got a bit carried away earl6 on talking about a title challenge now it looks like a top 4 battle. Especially the way they were so free scoring early in the season.

Sort of how a draw always feels a bit better when you’ve scored the equaliser rather than 2 points dropped.

It’s sort of where being fun to watch makes a difference Utd are in a fairly similar position but Utd games are entertaining even if they are unpredictable for Spurs you know every game will be a grind.

Spurs 1 - 1 Fulham 13th Jan 2021

Spurs wobble again let in a late goal after going ahead.

The fans I know are getting a bit frustrated with these tactics getting ahead and then trying to hold on and constantly making a mess of it.

Only 1 win in their last 6 league games.

Also, what is going on with Bale?

Jose’s Hangover setting in a bit sooner then it did with us ,he is a good man to have in important games and games were like a game of chess but man I don’t miss he’s football he made football so boring we were always in such slow tight games trying to Nick them with fellani.

I just think it's a dangerous was of playing in the PL now the teams all the way down the league carry an attacking threat so inviting them on to you to have a go is asking for trouble if you only have a narrow lead.

I only saw the highlights but it seemed they had a bright start could have scored 2 or 3 in the first half but second half they were pinned back either by choice or by the opponent and they had almost no counter attack threat.

This was my major gripe under Mourinho at Utd it's ok to play on the break but we were dreadful at doing it once we were pushed back we could never get out.

It seems they change to holding on to what they have much sooner than the other top sides do and it's just asking for trouble.

The thing about the deal with the devil argument is normally in those deals you get the instant result you wanted but pay the price further down the line with Mourinho it just doesn't work like that.

You wonder how long players like Kane and Son two of the best attacking players in world football would want to put up with this style of play.

Spurs 1 - 3 Liverpool 28th Jan 2021

Bad result and Kane injured both his ankles in the game currently only expected to be out for a few weeks but he's a massive loss to Spurs.

Spurs down to 6th 4 points off the top 4 places but they do have a game in hand on 4 of the teams above them.

Next 5 games are ones Kane is almost certain to miss.

Brighton (A)
Chelsea (H)
West Brom (H)
Everton (A) ~ Cup
Man City (A)

Is it finally time for Bale to step up.

Spurs 0-1 Chelsea

Well beaten didn’t really create a chance all game late chance for Vinicius which he should have buried.

3 league defeats in a row and the fans I know are totally fed up with the football.

They remind me very much of the Mourinho Utd no plan when they go behind and no real plan going forward.

I think I read he has 3 wins in 12, same as Poch had when was fired

The similarities to how Spurs look and how we looked under him towards the end are plain to see. Without Kane (and sometimes with him) they are devoid of ideas and lack any kind of back up plan. Bale has been a disaster so far and they just look a really average team currently.

Jose always manages to alienate at least one player and that guy is Alli. Granted he hasn’t done much of late but surely he’s worthy of at least being on the bench? Obviously we won’t see them in training but he would be a good option off the bench.

Deli was superb in their cup game, albeit against non league, but he deserved another chance. I bet he can't wait for Jose to be sacked

Spurs look shocking.

But Alli only has himself to blame. He's performed poorly when given a chance and I'm sure we've all seen the video clips of him moaning in the dressing room and causing divide.

the manager is treating him badly, it's Jose all over. He had a pop at him last night and he didn't even play. I do think Jose's time as a manager has gone. He can't do it any more.

The player treated his teammates and manager badly. No one to blame but himself.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back