Jesse Lingard | Match Discussion thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League: Burnley 0-2 Manchester United - 28th December 2019

No goals or assists in 2019. Incredible.

Another mad stat our 10th highest scorer this decade with 30 goals.

What a decade it has been.

Personally if offers came for lingard I’d take them he works hard and grafts but he’s nowhere near the required standard there’s talk of new contracts but I just don’t see how they can reward him again.

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United - 1st January 2020

For the umpteenth times. What’s the point?

Poor reflection on the manager that continues to pick him in spite of these statistics.

The cupboards are so empty that Lingard will continue to be picked but he was atrocious tonight. Pereira was much more proactive when he came on. Mata can’t run anymore so it’s either Lingard or Pereira for that number 10 spot - how far we have fallen.

Premier League: Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United - 1st January 2020

For the umpteenth times. What’s the point?

You can’t moan when he picks Lingard and moan when he picks Periera. Currently with no Pogba one of them has to play.

Unfortunately it’s the poor position we’re in thanks to years of mismanagement prior to Ole.

We don't have a player who can really be a #10 so we should play without one. Against Arsenal we looked like we were trying to do a 4231, but after the first 10 minutes it was clear it wasn't working and we were giving them the entire width. We should have switched to a 442 and attempted to fight for the middle, and maybe Lingard could have contributed to that plan. Beyond that, Lingard absolutely has to be sold in the summer.

You can’t moan when he picks Lingard and moan when he picks Periera. Currently with no Pogba one of them has to play.

Unfortunately it’s the poor position we’re in thanks to years of mismanagement prior to Ole.

We can moan because he failed to address the proper issues with the squad in the transfer window last summer. Another midfielder was required. He has clearly put faith in Lingard and Pereira. He identified Lingard as a key player.

He certainly wouldn’t have thought that key area would be having to play in a midfield 3 combination with Fred/Matic in big games.

He didn’t foresee the injury of Pogba throughout the entire season and we know he was after midfield targets of Fernandez and Rice but we didn’t get them over the line.

He isn’t blameless for other issues such as playing Shaw. But he isn’t too blame for the poor CM issue that has plagued us since Carrick/Scholes retired and never been fixed since properly we had to bring Scholes out of retirement despite how much has been invested.

Ole likes him so he continues to pick him and involve him. It's ridiculous really. Same with Periera although at least Periera has some modicum of technical ability.

Ole likes him so he continues to pick him and involve him. It's ridiculous really. Same with Periera although at least Periera has some modicum of technical ability.

Who would you have played ahead of Lingard yesterday? You’ve already said Ole deserves to get sacked for playing Periera and now you’re advocating him.

Who would you have played ahead of Lingard yesterday? You’ve already said Ole deserves to get sacked for playing Periera and now you’re advocating him.
No I'm not. Not at all actually. Greenwood?

In a midfield 3 alongside Matic and Fred? He’d be called tactically naive and committed suicide allowed us to be overrun so easily.

Fact is one of them has to play at the moment. Or promote Garner. Years of poor transfer policies and injuries have left us in a poor position.

I do moan because he’s insisting on playing a system in 4-2-3-1 that requires a player we just don’t have so there was no reason to play it yesterday even if he had to grab a youth team player we needed a third man with energy in midfield and one who could play passes forward quickly. Even just putting Periera in as a third centre mid makes more sense.

Lingard has been knocking around the first team for 5 years now and he’s nowhere near the standard even when he’s in form. 30 games no goal or assist in a calendar year is just nowhere near good enough.

I don’t particularly rate Periera but he’s a lot better than this version of Lingard. I know he’s got a lot of shit going on off the field but enough is enough with him he needs to be sold ASAP.

FA Cup: Tranmere Rovers 0-6 Manchester United - 26th January 2020

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He got MOTM and he took his goal well. Not sure why he got MOTM but it was a strange kind of game really.

League Cup: Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United - 29th January 2020

Solskjaer: "One more time and you're fecking off"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He got subbed a few minutes later so I guess he followed through on his threat.

He just needs to move on there's literally no point in playing him anymore we're better off playing Periera.

He got subbed a few minutes later so I guess he followed through on his threat.

He just needs to move on there's literally no point in playing him anymore we're better off playing Periera.

He looked good against Tranmere because that is his level.

He is out in the summer as soon as a decent offer comes in. Hard to see any other outcome.
I can see him going to either West Ham or Watford, depending on what one manages to avoid the drop.

Hopefully Everton keep up their record of buying crap cast offs from top clubs they paid 40m for Iwobi last summer so there’s hope.

West Ham isn’t a bad shout, Bournemouth maybe if they stay up but not seeing many PL clubs who’d want to go for him been in rotten form for nearly 2 seasons.

He’s got the right agent if he needs a move Mino always finds his guys a new home when they want one.

Could see him being on loan somewhere in Italy bit like Smalling a try before you buy situation.

Europa League: FC Brugge 1-1 Manchester United - 20th February 2020

Another nothing performance to add to the long list of nothing performances.

He should move on for his own sake.

It's a shame the way it's gone for him he really looked like he was stepping up a level in 2018 had a good world cup and a decent season at Utd but the crash has been huge he's been given time to find his form but it just hasn't happened.

I agree a move is required think everyone needs a fresh start reminds me a little of Cleverley or Welbeck decent starts but couldn't quite make that final step and the fans can turn on you quickly at this club especially if you try and project yourself as a superstar before you've really made yourself one if that makes sense. I think his off field stuff gets on some peoples tits especially if you're not delivering on it deliver on the pitch and you can basically do what you want off it just ask Ryan Giggs.

Glad he got a goal yesterday been a tough few years.

If that is his last PL game for the club then it’s good that he goes out with a bang.

Think it’s time for a change for both him and the club hopefully he gets a move somewhere that brings the best out of him again as he is a talented players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back