Jadon Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I certainly wouldn't disagree with that... But then the club needs to accept their limitations and that they'll remain behind.

Not necessarily if your scouts can find you hidden or under valued talent.

Liverpool built their front 3 with the money we could be shelling out on 1 player.

And I certainly wouldn't disagree with that... But then the club needs to accept their limitations and that they'll remain behind.
But you did disagree with it. You said United should pay £110m in a heartbeat to sign him. And I disagree with that.

But you did disagree with it. You said United should pay £110m in a heartbeat to sign him. And I disagree with that.
I disagree from the point of view that if they want to be restored to title contenders then they need to go and spend. If they aren't in a financial position to do so then they have to accept they won't get back to that position for some time.

I don't see any other club willing to spend 110m on one player this summer.

Just going round in circles no player is worth over 100m but clubs can set prices at whatever they want Dortmund have set theirs it's up to decide if we want to pay it.

I think the deal will happen only because links to alternatives haven't started flying out as soon as Utd start sniffing around someone word gets out and that just isn't happening.

If Dortmund don't budge my guess is eventually Utd will accept this to pay the fee.

Exactly right, and why should we?
Then who else do they sign? It's a position they desperately need to address with a top 3 player at the position in Sancho.

This one isn't happening though. Big mistake.

I don’t understand why we haven’t made a bid yet? Someone from Dortmund said if your buying a house you don’t tell them what your not going to pay, basically saying make a bid?

I don’t understand why we haven’t made a bid yet? Someone from Dortmund said if your buying a house you don’t tell them what your not going to pay, basically saying make a bid?

Because our season hasn’t finished yet still got a europa league to play if we get this deal done now or in 2-3 weeks it makes no difference to us does it.

Also, it’s clear everything is being done through agents so it’s very likely Utd won’t make a bid until the agents tell them that it’s got a chance of being accepted.

If you see a house you like do you make the offer straight away when you know you’re the only buyer or do you let the seller stew on it for a day or two? Especially if it’s in your interest to drive down an asking price.

Utd know they’ll probably have to pay the fee to get the player but why not try everything you can to save some money the deadline is still 2 months away why not test Dortmund’s bottle a bit.

If we sign him in a month we probably save a months salary as well don’t want to pay him through the summer doing bugger all haha!

Because our season hasn’t finished yet still got a europa league to play if we get this deal done now or in 2-3 weeks it makes no difference to us does it.

Also, it’s clear everything is being done through agents so it’s very likely Utd won’t make a bid until the agents tell them that it’s got a chance of being accepted.

If you see a house you like do you make the offer straight away when you know you’re the only buyer or do you let the seller stew on it for a day or two? Especially if it’s in your interest to drive down an asking price.

Utd know they’ll probably have to pay the fee to get the player but why not try everything you can to save some money the deadline is still 2 months away why not test Dortmund’s bottle a bit.

If we sign him in a month we probably save a months salary as well don’t want to pay him through the summer doing bugger all haha!
When you look at it like that it makes sense I’m just a little concerned even though Dortmund did set a deadline that I don’t believe was true what if we do leave it too late and the deal will be off.

When you look at it like that it makes sense I’m just a little concerned even though Dortmund did set a deadline that I don’t believe was true what if we do leave it too late and the deal will be off.
The deal is off because United have made it clear, supposedly and through their actions so far, that they won't pay the fee that Dortmund want. And to be honest Dortmund would be better off holding out.

The deadline was a tactic they want a quick deal as they don’t want it dragging on but guess what it’s dragged on anyway.

Word is the player is happy either way he’d like to join Utd but he will happily do another season at Dortmund so he’s not going to force it by misbehaving.

If Utd eventually come with a big offer I think they’ll sell him didn’t sound like they were trying to buy a replacement as they’ve already got options in those areas.

We are not bargain bin shoppers. We are one of the richest clubs in the world. If we want to get back to the top it will take investment. As I've said before, the difference of 10, 20, even 30 million pounds means nothing if that extra money gets us back to winning titles. That money means nothing to our billionaire owners. Big clubs just buy, they don't haggle. We have a small club mentality. The sooner we make our signings the better. Jadon would have to move to a new country, the more time he has to wrap things up and get settled in the new place, the better.

We are not bargain bin shoppers. We are one of the richest clubs in the world. If we want to get back to the top it will take investment. As I've said before, the difference of 10, 20, even 30 million pounds means nothing if that extra money gets us back to winning titles. That money means nothing to our billionaire owners. Big clubs just buy, they don't haggle. We have a small club mentality. The sooner we make our signings the better. Jadon would have to move to a new country, the more time he has to wrap things up and get settled in the new place, the better.
I think that assessment is very wrong, we have a British mentality. We don't think of a number and double it before asking for a 2% disount.

Jadon won’t exactly need to settle in to life in England. He’s lift here for all but 2 yrs of his life. It isn’t an issue.

Settling in to a new country isn’t moving home it’s accustoming yourself to the way of life. He wouldn’t have that problem. He’s lived in Manchester. He’d settle straight back in no hassle.

Do you think winning a title generates 30m more than finishing 3rd? It really doesn’t and what our owners are worth means absolutely nothing as they aren’t putting a penny into this club quite the opposite in fact. Utd only spends Utd’s money the Glazers don’t put a penny in they actually take pennies out. There is no real incentive for them to win because winning costs more than just competing. What Utd need to do is start making the pennies go further we have squandered fortunes on crap and as a result we’ve ended up buying two or three times before finding the right player.

Who’s saying it won’t take investment there’s about 10 players in that squad who need replacing over the next few windows. Dalot, Jones, Smalling, Bailly, Fosu-Mensah, Mata, Lingard, Periera, Ighalo off the top of my head need to be replaced by either new signings or academy kids to build a squad capable of really pushing for top honours. Ole knows that and so do the board.

One thing that’s important when your rich is to know when you’re being taken for a ride you’ve got the cash and everyone wants it but you need to remember you have what the seller wants. You have to accept you pay a premium that’s life for Utd but there’s a premium and then there’s a p*ss take.

As I’ve said before Utd know they won’t get Sancho for much below the apparent asking price but what they’ll be doing is trying to structure that deal in the most suitable terms for them.

How much is guaranteed and how much is performance based for example.

I think a deal will get done for around 80m plus loads of add ons to make it up to the 110m most of those add ones will be easy wins but a few will be tough so likelihood is we pay 100m if he helps us win leagues and CL then it goes up to the 110m.

Sancho lived in Manchester for 3-4 years when he was at City so he won’t need time to settle in

The big concern has to be the lack of apparent alternatives? United seem incapable of looking at more than one deal at a time. Maybe they are looking at alternatives and doing a good job of keeping that under wraps I would suggest recent history suggests otherwise.

The big concern has to be the lack of apparent alternatives? United seem incapable of looking at more than one deal at a time. Maybe they are looking at alternatives and doing a good job of keeping that under wraps I would suggest recent history suggests otherwise.

Just because it's not being reported doesn't mean we aren't looking.

Utd will have multiple plans unless there is no money to spend.

We've already heard they've had talks with Bayern about a loan deal for Coman & there's talk today about a deal for Brooks.

My guess is there isn't talk of others because they are pretty sure about getting Sancho now the season is actually over I expect things to start to move if we can't afford the fee then we will have moved on to plan B which may be looking at buying 3 or 4 players rather than 1 superstar.

That isn't what the last few years have shown though? They seem incapable of handling more than one target at a time.

What the last few years has shown us is 99% of what is written about Utd is nonsense.

So many deals DONE then turns out we were nowhere near.

Must be a list of 100's of players we've apparently been interested in according to sources.

We weren't looking at James at all until we signed him.

Utd don't talk about transfers until they're done obviously once the cat is out the bag in terms of our interest in a player like Sancho social media and main stream media go crazy but so many jump the gun.

Ha, James is probably about out standard for spending lately.

Net spend last 5 seasons below. We haven't got a decent asset to sell this year either to make up the books so it's either going to be a rough time for the Glazers pockets which we all know they really don't like or Sancho simply ain't gonna happen unless him alone comes in and we clear the decks of deadwood to make £40m back.

2019/20: £-84.60m
2018/19: £-46.94m
2017/18: £-137.61m
2016/17: £-124.07m
2015/16: £-48.54m

Ha, James is probably about out standard for spending lately.

Net spend last 5 seasons below. We haven't got a decent asset to sell this year either to make up the books so it's either going to be a rough time for the Glazers pockets which we all know they really don't like or Sancho simply ain't gonna happen unless him alone comes in and we clear the decks of deadwood to make £40m back.

2019/20: £-84.60m
2018/19: £-46.94m
2017/18: £-137.61m
2016/17: £-124.07m
2015/16: £-48.54m

Despite all that every year they take their dividend of around £10m from the club because all that investment is loaded on to the debt.

Utd wouldn't even be talking Sancho unless they had a big wedge of cash to spend on that sort of signing so no need to be full doom and gloom on it.

There was cash in the bank prior to covid the club extended it's loan facility because of covid to cover operating costs so the original transfer budget will likely remain in place.

We need Ole to apply the pressure which I'm sure he will he won't have been happy being left short for the first half of last season it can't happen again.

I think Utd could recover around £60-80m this summer £20m Smalling, £30m Lingard, £10m Periera few other odds and ends could easily add another £10-20m to the kitty. Sanchez wages are also off the books now.

Hopefully we see 1 or 2 in before the new season starts and maybe another before the window closes if we can get 3 in and 3 out I think that's ok given the covid impact on football.

Despite all that every year they take their dividend of around £10m from the club because all that investment is loaded on to the debt.

Utd wouldn't even be talking Sancho unless they had a big wedge of cash to spend on that sort of signing so no need to be full doom and gloom on it.

There was cash in the bank prior to covid the club extended it's loan facility because of covid to cover operating costs so the original transfer budget will likely remain in place.

We need Ole to apply the pressure which I'm sure he will he won't have been happy being left short for the first half of last season it can't happen again.

I think Utd could recover around £60-80m this summer £20m Smalling, £30m Lingard, £10m Periera few other odds and ends could easily add another £10-20m to the kitty. Sanchez wages are also off the books now.

Hopefully we see 1 or 2 in before the new season starts and maybe another before the window closes if we can get 3 in and 3 out I think that's ok given the covid impact on football.
I can see you enjoy playing transfer market, but I think your figures are wildly overestimated. £20m Smalling, £30m Lingard, £10m Periera??? Smalling is the most valuable of the lot and will fetch £12M if we are lucky, £8 for Lingard, £5 for Pereira - and these will probably be something closer to Alexis' final deal (i.e., just go). We sold Blind (a much better player than these you list) for $17.6M, Fellaini $7.92M. The other 7 departures (2018-19) were loans, frees, or retirements. $33.61M = £25.47M.

Arrivals 2016-17 (both windows) = £154.24M (including record fee for Pogba)
Arrivals 2017-18 (both windows) = £165.41M
Arrivals 2018-19 (both windows) = £68.95M
Arrivals 2019-20 (both windows) = £178.41M (including record fee for Maguire).

And United would be talking Sancho either way, whether they have the money to spend or not, because talking isn't buying, and we talk about loads of players we never sign for untold reasons.

The point is, all of the figures being bandied about and all of the supposed motivations for United actions are just speculation. No one knows anything. Each and every transfer window teaches us that but we fail to learn.

My expectations for this window are similar to when Maguire, James, and Grant came in: 1 player we've heard of, 1 we haven't, and 1 youth prospect. And by "heard of" I don't even mean "heard we were interested in signing" but rather "someone here has heard this player's name before". We are not big game hunters and Covid has quashed whatever spending spree fantasy dreams we had, regardless.

With all that said and done, I'd think Grealish a more realistic option than Sancho.

I disagree from the point of view that if they want to be restored to title contenders then they need to go and spend. If they aren't in a financial position to do so then they have to accept they won't get back to that position for some time.
Wanted to emphasize the point you made: we seem in a minority of clubs that still believe in earning our way up the ladder. Every other big club is fecking their way up the ladder by just buying more and more Galacticos. We will not be able to save money or buy on a budget and return to the top, simply put. If we want to win the league and have a shot at winning Europe, we have to spend big. We are not big spenders, ergo, we are not getting back to the top any time soon.

If Iwobi can go for £40m we can get more than £5m for Lingard.

Klopp hasn't spent Galactico money beyon VVD, and maybe Alisson.

Galactico does not mean success. We need to buy the right players. At the right price.

PSG have spent over 1 billion and are still yet to achieve their CL goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back