If not Solskjaer, then who?

I think we should shock the football World and try and get Stevie G in asap.

It would pee off the Liverpool fans instantly, and now it getting colder the Liverpool fans would be able to keep warm from the heat when they burn his old Liverpool shirts.
Keep drinking that special juice!

This isn't any Liverpool player though is it? It's THE Liverpool player of the last 20 years. Who we hate with a passion and he hates us with the same back.

It's a no go. There aren't many things that could cause me to turn my back on United but a Gerrard led side? I'm not sure I could get behind that.

This isn't any Liverpool player though is it? It's THE Liverpool player of the last 20 years. Who we hate with a passion and he hates us with the same back.

It's a no go. There aren't many things that could cause me to turn my back on United but a Gerrard led side? I'm not sure I could get behind that.

Was half-joking, but compared to some of the other names mentioned purely on his knowledge of the PL, and having won trophies at a big club albeit it in one of the lesser leagues we could do worse.

I couldn't turn my back on United even if a dozen doctors said my toy soldier would drop off it I didn't.

If he shaved all his hair off, started wearing Deidre Barlow specs, got a I hate LFC tattoo and learned to speak proper do you think you'd give him a chance?

I'd willing choose to chop my toy soldier off before I saw Gerrard dragging this club down through relegation zones for his own amusement.

I'd accept Rodgers. I'd even accept Benitez. But Gerrard. You're having a laugh. I'd prefer we gave an SOS to Big Sam.

And it's not just him being Liverpools main man for the last 20 years. I don't like him as a person. The nightclub incident in which he attacked someone he should have served time for but it highlighted the type of person he is. A bully that thinks he's above the law.

The stamping incident on Herrera. Unforgivable.

I'd willing choose to chop my toy soldier off before I saw Gerrard dragging this club down through relegation zones for his own amusement.

I'd accept Rodgers. I'd even accept Benitez. But Gerrard. You're having a laugh. I'd prefer we gave an SOS to Big Sam.

And it's not just him being Liverpools main man for the last 20 years. I don't like him as a person. The nightclub incident in which he attacked someone he should have served time for but it highlighted the type of person he is. A bully that thinks he's above the law.

That’s a roundabout way of saying he’s a douche.

Wouldn’t want him anywhere near this club. And it’s never going to happen anyway.

Just looking at our next manager odds to make sure there aren't any murmorings of it. 100/1. So we're safe.

But a name i've seen for the first time on the list. Sir Alex. 40/1. Bet they're picking up a few pennies there! Also never happening unfortunately.

Potter is 33's now.

I actually think Ole will see out the season. Ferguson has obviously put up a fight for him to stay. It's nothing to do with not wanting to pay him off. £7.5m is nothing compared to the money they'd risk losing if they think he's done.

I read in a paper,cant remeber which one,that Ole doesnt do much of the training,tactics ets he leaves that to the coaches
He mainly is the man management of the players,
If this is true then why not instead of getting in a second rate manager,keep Ole and spend the money on a top fecking notch set of coaches.
Costs less than sacking Ole and bringing in another manager and obviously much less distruptance to the squad
Ole can keep manmanaging and it looks like the players like him but leave the tactics to the coaches
In effect a twofor system could work and if it doesnt feck off Ole and keep the top set of coaches

I agree, I said a few months ago the coaching staff needed changing.

Think we might be beyond that now though

I’m sorry but no the manager needs to own the performances and results no more excuses to be made for him it is time to go.

If he felt he needed some fresh faces in the coaching setup then bring them in during the summer the club hired someone from chelsea’s Academy to join the club.

The coaches can only coach the managers ideas if his idea isn’t working it’s him that needs to go.

Bloody hell i'd forgotten about that, if Joe Average had done that and the way he tried to cover it up they'd have done serious time, but as we all know if you've got enough money you can literarily get away with murder.

Bloody hell i'd forgotten about that, if Joe Average had done that and the way he tried to cover it up they'd have done serious time, but as we all know if you've got enough money you can literarily get away with murder.
Just ask Marcus Alonso ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can't say I'm surprised. I think Rodgers has done a good job at Leicester and actually he did a good job at Celtic and Liverpool. I know we all laugh about the Gerrard slip but they were that one slip away from potentially winning the title.

Rodgers for me made sense 3 years ago when we needed a steady hand to guide us back from the brink but we now need someone who takes us from a top 4 side to the top 1 side and I don’t think he’s that man.

Utd fans didn’t exactly hold back on him during his time at Liverpool with the David Brent comparisons.

I think he’s a good manager but we need a great manager.

Rodgers for me made sense 3 years ago when we needed a steady hand to guide us back from the brink but we now need someone who takes us from a top 4 side to the top 1 side and I don’t think he’s that man.

Utd fans didn’t exactly hold back on him during his time at Liverpool with the David Brent comparisons.

I think he’s a good manager but we need a great manager.
I don't completely disagree with you but who is a great manager who can bring back success to United?

I don't completely disagree with you but who is a great manager who can bring back success to United?

That is the great unknown but to me the answer right now is Conte.

That squad is packed with talent it needs some top level coach to organise them into a proper team.

The only concern is how will these players react to a manager that demands nothing but the best and isn’t afraid to tell a few difficult truths.

I know there’s a lot who like to draw the Mourinho comparison I just feel that Conte is right at the cutting edge of the game I think when Mourinho arrived he was carrying to many scars and anger he was a manager who’s methods were out of date.

That is the great unknown but to me the answer right now is Conte.

That squad is packed with talent it needs some top level coach to organise them into a proper team.

The only concern is how will these players react to a manager that demands nothing but the best and isn’t afraid to tell a few difficult truths.

I know there’s a lot who like to draw the Mourinho comparison I just feel that Conte is right at the cutting edge of the game I think when Mourinho arrived he was carrying to many scars and anger he was a manager who’s methods were out of date.
So look... I agree that this squad probably needs a rocket up its backside. It needs a manager who's going to get amongst them and rattle some cages. But is Conte the best option out there?

Conte is a good manager, is a great one though? I know some managers are off the table but do United just have to hire guys who are available?

Conte may be a success but it has the smell of another LvG or Jose to me.

So look... I agree that this squad probably needs a rocket up its backside. It needs a manager who's going to get amongst them and rattle some cages. But is Conte the best option out there?

Conte is a good manager, is a great one though? I know some managers are off the table but do United just have to hire guys who are available?

Who would be your realistic option of a great manager?

Who would be your realistic option of a great manager?
I have no idea bud. I hear a lot of good things about Ten Haag but I understand that being the manager of Ajax is very different to United. Outside of that? Do they go with a good young manager in the PL? I don't really know.

What's clear to me (and i understand that others don't agree and that's fine) is that Ole is not the man. And they may come through this tough spell but they'll end up in another at some point in the future. All teams have had patches but Ole's seem to almost bring things off the track. And ultimately he does not deliver silverware.

For me there is no doubt Conte is a great manager. He's just the wrong fit for this club and where we are.

It's Mourinho mark 2.

See this I don’t understand those two came as damaged goods their best years in the club game were years behind them. Van Gaal was never going to work with the squad he inherited and Mourinho is the complete opposite to Van Gaal.

I don’t think Conte will try and rip up everything Ole has done and start again he will look at the squad with fresh eyes and a clean slate and pick the best system to get results.

Conte has delivered titles at 3 clubs in 2 different league he won the league last season at Inter and if it wasn’t for the owners then he would still be there. For me he’s the best manager who’s currently available.

Any manager change is a risk but for me he’s a risk worth taking and I don’t see Utd poaching another teams manager during the season.

I also don’t see it as a long term thing either he seems to be a 2-3 year cycle guy I think given the age of this squad we need a guy who’s looking to deliver now.

But aside from Tuchel, Pep and Klopp who are the best options out there that united could get? I'm not just talking who's available.

I mean if we could take anyone for me we take Klopp but we have to assume those 3 are off limits, I’d say Flick is probably off limits as he’s with Germany, Nagelsmann is with Bayern, Poch with PSG etc.

Conte for me has a domestic record that pretty much stands up to anyone where he’s struggled to make an impact is in CL football but to be fair I don’t think he’s actually had that many goes at it. He took over at Juve, Chelsea and Inter when the teams weren’t in the CL that season.

He won the title in England when Guardiola, Mourinho and Klopp were all here

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back