How long do we give Solskjaer?

I’m not slating Ole I am still “Ole in” and I do think tactically he has got a lot better in the beginning it was all counter attacking.
It does seem like this bunch of players like him unlike Mourinho only picking players he “liked”.

At the minute I'm sure pogba is looking over his shoulder at VDb waiting to play. Surely that is enough to keep him on his toes. If he plays this week it'll be a joke. VDB needs/deserves a chance, Pogba has had his.

I was saying in another thread about the media circus and I see they just can't leave us alone. Thois arvo in the Daily Mail

Manchester United players are growing frustrated at 'basic' training which 'lacks creativity' under 'insecure' Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Norwegian faces make-or-break month at Old Trafford after shambolic start to the season​

I have to say i don't even read this rubbish anymore, well done to Bruno and coming out saying it was all tosh about his supposed fall out. However, when there is noise it is coming from somewhere and you you have to wonder if the OT PR spin in in full leaking effect.

My only thought to counter this is why would they want Poch in on £5m a year when Ole earns £20 a day on YTS wage. They will want to keep him as long as possible

It's always a tricky one when you've got a massive squad like us there's always going to be unhappy players who might want a change in manager and the leaks from that dressing room in recent years have been a problem.

That however looks like clickbait nonsense the guy who's written the "story" have even lifted the initial story from another newspaper.

I'm guessing the club will stick with Ole as long as he's challenging for top 4 as I've always said the moment that starts to become doubtful the club will think about changes because that is what's happened to every manager post Fergie. I do think he was on the ropes last season around January but the great finish to the season saved him if Utd are way off at the halfway point like they were under Jose he could quickly be out on his backside.

Wouldn't surprise me he's Man Utd manager just because he's inexperienced doesn't mean you can pay him way below standard salary.

Mourinho would probably have been on £12-15m a year as Utd manager.

£7.5m a year probably puts him on par with what our middle earning players earn that equates to roughly £150k a week.

Can't even imagine what you'd do with £150k a week.

Do you think they sit there every week and go, 'great, got paid again' like i do when I get my wage slip lol

Can't even imagine what you'd do with £150k a week.

Do you think they sit there every week and go, 'great, got paid again' like i do when I get my wage slip lol

Well they get paid monthly not weekly but with big earnings comes big costs but yeah £600k dropping in your bank once a month must feel pretty good. Find it odd that we talk salary per week when it comes to footballers like they’re labouring on a building site getting paid cash every Friday.

I assume these figures are before tax so the time the tax man has his share that’s down to £350-400k depending on how you pay your tax.

Not for Ole like he’s probably paid off his mortgage but those big Cheshire mansion don’t come for free lots of players rent these big houses that can be £20-30k a month.

The money has to sustain your footballer lifestyle for a lifetime e so if you retire at 35 that money’s got to maintain that lifestyle until you’re gone as it’s unlikely you earn that type on money ever again.

Got to feed and kit out all your entourage and hangers on as well so can see how some spend it as quickly as it comes in as they never experience a normal income that they have to budget for.

It's always a tricky one when you've got a massive squad like us there's always going to be unhappy players who might want a change in manager and the leaks from that dressing room in recent years have been a problem.

That however looks like clickbait nonsense the guy who's written the "story" have even lifted the initial story from another newspaper.

I'm guessing the club will stick with Ole as long as he's challenging for top 4 as I've always said the moment that starts to become doubtful the club will think about changes because that is what's happened to every manager post Fergie. I do think he was on the ropes last season around January but the great finish to the season saved him if Utd are way off at the halfway point like they were under Jose he could quickly be out on his backside.
We have arrived. The season's barely started and we're plummeting like a stone. After Newcastle we face PSG, Chelsea, Leipzig, Arsenal, Istanbul, Everton, West Brom. If we don't beat Newcastle it's going to get grim for Ole. The way we have been playing, all of these teams will make mincemeat of us aside from West Brom. We are in 16th right now and a loss this weekend will have us in the drop zone. If we go into Xmas season having lost both of our Champions League games and are in or very near the drop zone - you'd think that's it for the Ole Experiment.

We have arrived. The season's barely started and we're plummeting like a stone. After Newcastle we face PSG, Chelsea, Leipzig, Arsenal, Istanbul, Everton, West Brom. If we don't beat Newcastle it's going to get grim for Ole. The way we have been playing, all of these teams will make mincemeat of us aside from West Brom. We are in 16th right now and a loss this weekend will have us in the drop zone. If we go into Xmas season having lost both of our Champions League games and are in or very near the drop zone - you'd think that's it for the Ole Experiment.

Who knows? One thing about Ole is just when you think he’s finished he suddenly turns the ship around he’s far from that point at the moment but it could quickly become that again and if it does the board may act. However, the board is the same board that’s failed time and time again changing managers so they might change ole but I do feel like no matter what happens things won’t really improve.

Fear and Respect is the best trait a manager can have like with Fergie a young player would come into the team and give 110% they didn’t want to let him down , I mean imagine if it was you what would you do ? Then you’ve got solskjaer who likes like a mate he’s probably tougher behind doors but he seems nice
That said, he has shown he is not afraid to make the tough decisions and will make them calls to make the team better.

He won’t be given the time...
...they already have one eye on Poch.
He can’t lose today.
I don't see them changing manager with this run of tough games ahead, might be giving the new guy (likely Poch) a baptism of fire, they'll let Ole see can he right the ship first. Unless his position becomes totally untenable I see Ole still here at Xmas at least. We need to start tonight with a win and a commanding display to help build confidence and momentum. GGMU

Remi...
...l hope Ole gets a win tonight, but the media is turning up the heat.
And when it’s United, it is always more intense.
Get two or three quick wins, build confidence...
...and he can start taking in more air.
But media stories about BF, training, Pogba, Maguire are relentless.
I hope he can get a few wins which will see United shoot up the table.
But he can’t lose tonight.
I’ll be rooting for him.

I have to say i don't even read this rubbish anymore, well done to Bruno and coming out saying it was all tosh about his supposed fall out. However, when there is noise it is coming from somewhere and you you have to wonder if the OT PR spin in in full leaking effect.

My only thought to counter this is why would they want Poch in on £5m a year when Ole earns £20 a day on YTS wage. They will want to keep him as long as possible
I only read it because you keep posting it

In terms of our rivals. Win our game in hand we go above Spurs and Chelsea. Level with Arsenal.

Point below Liverpool and we're one behind City but no game in hand. The other teams also aren't as good as people are making them out to be.

Although I didn't like his team selection, it worked, and they came back from going behind. So it was positive.

I hope all this nonsense about him be tactically inept stops.

Two of the players I thought should be dropped, de Gea and Maguire played well too.

So good all around.

I wonder why VDB didn't start though.

I assumed Pogba was rested ready for PSG.

It's a long stretch of games so there's going to be a lot of rotation so we might see Bruno/Mata paired together and Pogba/VDB paired together in starting line ups.

Going to be a real test of Ole's squad management the next few months normally he's had his best spells when he's been able to pick a consistent XI every game realistically he can't do that now because of the lack of rest so he's going to have to find the right balance.

When I saw that team selection I couldn't believe it. Ole has lost the ploy leaving Matic, Greenwood, Pogba and/or VDB out and playing Mata, James, Fred and McT. The game clearly changed when quality players came on so you have to ask was that always the plan? Is that very brave or tactical genius (nearly)?

Well they get paid monthly not weekly but with big earnings comes big costs but yeah £600k dropping in your bank once a month must feel pretty good. Find it odd that we talk salary per week when it comes to footballers like they’re labouring on a building site getting paid cash every Friday.

Footballers are paid weekly btw. I've mentioned it before that I know Sterling's accountant. He joined us for 5 aside today and got talking money after the game and he mentioned Scottish footballers get paid 46 weeks a year not 52. Which prompted me to ask the question do footballers actually get paid weekly and not monthly.

They're not employees of the club they're contractors so get paid weekly.

Fear and Respect is the best trait a manager can have
As a manager I think you have to instil a fear into the players of letting you down, the club down, the fans and thier colleagues down.

You have to command the right level of respect, in order to get the players to do what YOU want them to do; which is the essence of management.

Picking and keeping the right people around you is also an important trait.

Of course, but I bet he said, it was tactical genius by Ole and oh, have i mentioned i would like a new challenge?

Sounds like a pretty grown up answer to me.

Pogba's no idiot he'll know he was rubbish in those opening games and all he has to do is be better than McTominay or Fred and he'll be back in the team.

Maybe Ole has taught him what he knows best how to be the super sub

I'm not bother by Poch being available or not. A good manager will make themselves available for Utd should they come calling. Remember also, Poch has not won anything yet so his record is as blank as Ole's.

Still, you gotta start somewhere I guess. He was very close with Spurs.

Don't really care anyway, Ole is the man.

Espanyol...
Southampton...
Spurs...
Three teams with bulging trophy cabinets...

Not going to rehash the conversation about Spurs and their squad but it was easily good enough to win more than a couple of trophies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back