How long do we give Solskjaer?

The quality of football in the first half was awful. It deserved criticism. He rested two players for the match on Tuesday. Two. Solskjaer is heavily reliant one on player. Bruno Fernandes is Solskjaer’s tactic.

Manager sets up to allow his best player the freedom to effect the game in a positive way. Sounds quite revolutionary. Not sure why others wouldn't try that.

Ole highlighted a weakness in his squad got the player to fix the problem and it's done the job. Well done Ole. Perhaps we should go get the players he was after in the summer window then.

It really didn't take a genius to figure out we needed Marcus and Bruno to come on for the second half.

Manager sets up to allow his best player the freedom to effect the game in a positive way. Sounds quite revolutionary. Not sure why others wouldn't try that.

Ole highlighted a weakness in his squad got the player to fix the problem and it's done the job. Well done Ole. Perhaps we should go get the players he was after in the summer window then.
Are we sure Fernandes is a Solskjaer signing?

I like VDB but he’s another slow player, bringing Pogba back in, starting Martial again he put to many slow out of form players in together. Ole hit the panic button at half time because he has to he goes to his 2 big hitters the guys who don’t hide and take the ball even when they're playing badly.
Do you mean his pace or style of play? I like VDB, he works hard for the team, and is always looking to pass forward and speed up the tempo of our play. He was the other player running back when AWB made his last ditch tackle.

On current form, we can't have both Pogba and Martial in the first team.

I think Martial is lucky to be picked at the moment. Pogba was much better yesterday

Wasn't Bruno on the cards to be signed before Ole took over?

Irrigardless of who scouted Bruno, we are overly reliant upon him.

If true that's awful. As we signed Bruno 13 months after Ole was hired. Again would point to the fact Ole isn't the problem.

However I believe our interest starting in the first summer of Ole but we failed to get the deal over the line.

I think Ole will develop into a multi-trophy winning manager...
The club seems to think so.
And a lot here seem to think so.

Do you mean his pace or style of play? I like VDB, he works hard for the team, and is always looking to pass forward and speed up the tempo of our play. He was the other player running back when AWB made his last ditch tackle.

On current form, we can't have both Pogba and Martial in the first team.

Bit of both he’s a possession player he tries to keep the ball in the classic Dutch style whereas the rest of the attack all try high risk passes so I think he’s finding it hard to fit in at the moment. Bruno and VDB are chalk and cheese in the way they play.

I wouldn’t have either in the side but options up top are limited Rashford is clearly nursing an injury and James/Lingard aren’t really at the level we need for replacement. I think he’s been picking Martial because he has to not because he wants to but after limping off yesterday you expect he’s out for a few weeks. Worryingly he mentioned Cavani also had a muscle injury and had to come off at half time.

I think we are very reliant on Bruno, but he is our main playmaker, so this isn't surprising.

I also think VDB will do well, once he gels better, he is direct and seems to have end product to his game.

The more players we have who can make our attack efficient and effective, the better.

It looks like we are starting to look at the main purpose of player positions and roles, and are starting to target players who can produce what is required for the role they are being bought in for.

You have to credit the manager for that; he is improving, as is the team.

Very little to moan about, apparently.

The recent level of performance was going to catch up on United sooner rather than later.

Yee have little faith, Ole sends the team out to go down a few goals cos United are all about comebacks. Its strategy

There have been amateur elements in all competitions. We have got away with it with some bits of brilliance too. You just cannot keep getting away with it.

These performances are getting hard to defend.

Absolutely found out in the CL.

Was a tough group but was thrown away in Istanbul.

Got the tactics horribly wrong this evening. We showed at OT and in the last 15 minutes here that their defence could be got at. But we started with 7 defensive players and ended up using three left backs in the game. This defeat is on Ole for me. I’m one of his staunch defenders but tonight he got it wrong big style. You need to back your players, not set up to retreat into a shell because it never ends well. If we had started with the formation we ended with, we were not losing that game. Awful, awful night.

To not get through the group after getting 6 points from the first 2 is criminal.

We were in command and let ourselves down.

Got the tactics horribly wrong this evening. We showed at OT and in the last 15 minutes here that their defence could be got at. But we started with 7 defensive players and ended up using three left backs in the game. This defeat is on Ole for me. I’m one of his staunch defenders but tonight he got it wrong big style. You need to back your players, not set up to retreat into a shell because it never ends well. If we had started with the formation we ended with, we were not losing that game. Awful, awful night.

He couldn't start that team that finished the game. He'd have had his head ripped off for starting Pogba.

Awful first half performance again and that needs to change. But let's not imagine anyone would have been happy with that team that finished the game starting it you all including me abused Pogba pre-match saying he should never play again. Him coming on and turning the game in our favour doesn't mean we can take that back.

I agree. Setting up to draw is just not the United way and it's not the way this particular group plays well. Shoulda woulda coulda but again, it was obvious. Had that near own-goal gone in and we'd secured the draw, what would people's opinion be of Ole's management of this game? I don't know if it's Ole per se or his individual coaches or whatever tactic book they're studying, but it isn't working.

Very little to moan about, apparently.

The recent level of performance was going to catch up on United sooner rather than later.
You failed to answer my question the other day who is it you are now clambering on for considering Mourinho is embarrassing your previous pet Poch who you're now suddenly claiming you never called for.

He couldn't start that team that finished the game. He'd have had his head ripped off for starting Pogba.

Awful first half performance again and that needs to change. But let's not imagine anyone would have been happy with that team that finished the game starting it you all including me abused Pogba pre-match saying he should never play again. Him coming on and turning the game in our favour doesn't mean we can take that back.
If I were Ole, I'd prefer getting slated for playing Pogba and winning this game to getting slated for having no clue and playing him anyway and then losing.

You failed to answer my question the other day who is it you are now clambering on for considering Mourinho is embarrassing your previous pet Poch who you're now suddenly claiming you never called for.
A pathetic post that I will not dignify with a response.

So you won't say who you want to replace Ole with?

You must have a plan for the guy you want sacked?

I agree. Setting up to draw is just not the United way and it's not the way this particular group plays well. Shoulda woulda coulda but again, it was obvious. Had that near own-goal gone in and we'd secured the draw, what would people's opinion be of Ole's management of this game? I don't know if it's Ole per se or his individual coaches or whatever tactic book they're studying, but it isn't working.
I would have been delighted with the result but my opinion on Solskjaer would not have changed. There are several glaring issues with his management.

Not starting Donny was a big mistake, he hasn't had a bad CL game for us yet and as soon as he came on we moved the ball better.

I would have been delighted with the result but my opinion on Solskjaer would not have changed. There are several glaring issues with his management.
I'm a fan of Ole the player and I want him to succeed as our manager, same as I want all our players (when picked) to perform well (including Fred, I just don't want Fred picked). Today we were a team without a plan and without a playing style and without any tactics that worked. At the times when a tactician or strong willed manager could have made changes, Ole declined. Great managers have brain farts too. Jose was supposedly a tactical genius but I hated him as our manager, same with LVG. I don't know who should replace Ole, if Ole is to go, but I also don't know what the remedy is for making this team play like champions.

The tactics were wrong. We could have had a different formation without Pogba. Our centre backs aren't the best, Bissaka is no attacker. We just can't défend. We should, and should always, go and try to score more than the opposition.

We lost this group against the Turkish team. But that formation and not taking Fred off last week certainly cost us a point somewhere

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back