Henderson signs new deal | Loan to Sheffield United for 19/20

Utd not competing next season?? What? We need to compete every season as you never know how strong anyone else will be.

Have you seen the league? If you got rid of the silly results from the start of the season, losses to WHU, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and the dropped points to Southampton (twice), Villa, Sheffield United, Everton (twice), that's 27 points dropped where we should be beating them.

Now I'm not saying you will win all of those but it's certainly possible on a lot of those games. The league wasn't set on fire by anyone except Liverpool, we could be fighting for 2nd place next year which is progression. I certainly don't want another season of will we/wont we get top 4.

I think the last few games indicates we can't compete for No. 1 next year. Squad to weak.

Goalie, both CB'S and lack of back up beyond the first pick in the middle is a concern.

But we should make a better shout of competing for top 4.

Although I do expect Liverpool to drop of due to lack of investment, city will buy, and Chelsea look like they will be very strong.

hey guys, created this video around the whole De gea topic! Have a watch and let me know your thoughts, since people seem to split on De Gea on here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hey guys, created this video around the whole De gea topic! Have a watch and let me know your thoughts, since people seem to split on De Gea on here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's shite. I couldn't get to the end of it quick enough.

Has written a goodbye message to the Sheffield Utd fans so confirmed he won’t be back there. Also close to signing a new deal apparently.

Just whether he comes back here to compete with De Gea or he heads off somewhere else on loan for a year. There wouldn’t be any shortage of takers for a year I’m sure.

According to Talk Sport he is on the verge of signing what is being described as "a stunning new £100,000 a week contract" just a year after signing a contract worth £60,000 a year, apparently to ward off interest from Chelsea.
I think that would make it clear United expect him to become our No1

Reports that he's signed another new deal worth 100k a week. Big money for a keeper that probably won't be first choice right away and maybe never. Seems likely Romero will leave, he's had and continues to have trouble with his knee apparently which might be the reason we haven't been comfortable in replacing De Gea for him during a difficult time for De Gea, imagine dropping De Gea and Romero breaking down injured the next game.

I'm a big Henderson fan, have no doubt he will make mistakes but everything i've seen of him and heard/read about him suggests he's got it in him to deal with that. He's been a big character at each of his loan clubs and is very confident in his abilities. De Gea was rightly backed when he was young and making mistakes and if Dean gets in at some point I hope the same happens for one of our own.

I would go with De Gea to begin with as the senior player and starting the season with Henderson could cause even more issues if he doesn't start well. Probably give Henderson the cups and maybe some European games. Hopefully both keepers can push each other to do better.

Being reported Romero is being offered to Villa sad part of a Grealish deal :confused:
Would make sense for United though? I feel sorry for Romero but he was never going to be United #1 and if they can use him to get Grealish isn't that a smart move?

I still think it'll be a year out on loan for Henderson somewhere but I do think it'll be one more season for De Gea then they'll look to move him on next summer

I still think it'll be a year out on loan for Henderson somewhere but I do think it'll be one more season for De Gea then they'll look to move him on next summer
That'll cost United this season if they do go down that route. DDG is done.

That'll cost United this season if they do go down that route. DDG is done.

What do you do with De Gea though? Bloke is on £300k a week no one is going to touch him on a permanent deal you might be able to do a Sanchez and get him out on loan somewhere before selling.

I don't like having two number 1 keepers at the club we've tried it before and it never worked Carroll/Howard and Foster/Kuszkak (could neve spell his name).

Rotating keepers I think unsettles your defence and I think De Gea's demise is a little over blown he obviously isn't the superstar keeper he was 2 years ago but he's still a pretty good keeper. I don't think he'll ever get back to the level he was at and change is needed but I guess the question will be is this version of De Gea still better than Henderson? Only the coaches who watch these guys every day will really know that.

I think it's a huge call but I think they'll give De Gea one last go if Henderson is prepared to sit and wait for him to make a mistake and be that number 2 then great.

From what we know of Henderson he's got bags of self belief so I wouldn't be surprised if he decides I'll stick around this season and back myself to put De Gea out the team.

The big test of Henderson will be can he adapt to the way Utd play there's a lot more to do with your feet and there's going to be long periods where you don't have a lot to do.

What do you do with De Gea though? Bloke is on £300k a week no one is going to touch him on a permanent deal you might be able to do a Sanchez and get him out on loan somewhere before selling.
You put him on the bench and have a good back up if you need him. What he earns should hold no power over if he starts or not.

think it's a huge call but I think they'll give De Gea one last go if Henderson is prepared to sit and wait for him to make a mistake and be that number 2 then great.
If United are willing to give Henderson a new deal and make him one of the top paid GKs in the world then they must see him as the long term #1. So why wait on that?

will 100 grand a week make him one of the top paid goalkeepers?

I don't think a half decent season at Sheffield is enough to knock off De Gea, yet. He doesn't want to sit on the bench so another season seems the right answer.

I do worry about the GK position, but I don't think you can bring in Henderson and dump De Gea. If Henderson proves he's not good enough then what, try and repair the relationship with De Gea. Didn't someone on here say Henderson was awful with the ball at his feet? If we keep Henderson it needs to be as No.2 applying pressure to De Gea

Incidently, didn't a job advert by united last week indicate they might not even see Henderson as the answer long term?

You put him on the bench and have a good back up if you need him. What he earns should hold no power over if he starts or not.

If United are willing to give Henderson a new deal and make him one of the top paid GKs in the world then they must see him as the long term #1. So why wait on that?

If you are planning on benching De Gea you want him out you don't want him sulking around the camp bringing the mood down you need unhappy first team players out. That's why Smalling/Lukaku/Sanchez were all moved out ASAP by Ole if these lads don't play they won't be happy and it'll bring the whole mood down.

I mean assuming £100k a week is right (it probably isn't) that wouldn't put him anywhere near the top earners. The very top keepers will be earning double and in some cases triple that.

Pretty sure De Gea is the only keeper on more than £150k.

EDIT: Just had a quick look. Neuer is the 4th highest paid on £150k. De Gea, Curtois, Kepa. (Obviously that’s reported salary’s and cant always be trusted to be spot on)

Pretty sure De Gea is the only keeper on more than £150k.

EDIT: Just had a quick look. Neuer is the 4th highest paid on £150k. De Gea, Curtois, Kepa. (Obviously that’s reported salary’s and cant always be trusted to be spot on)

Oblak is on big bucks as well think he became top paid keeper when he signed his latest deal.

Be surprised if Allison isn't up around the £150k as well you can't spent 70m on a player and not put him on big wages to match that, if he isn't he wants to sack his agent. Ha!!

Utd were massively taken to the cleaners by De Gea's camp fair play to him and them but that's the what happens when you have a guy like Sanchez on the books his crazy salaries raises the bar for others.

For Henderson £100k a week or £5m a year I'd guess puts him into the top 10 earning keepers in the Prem and probably puts him on similar money to most squad players at Utd.

They've got Alison on £90k. Better be getting on the phone to his agent! Ederson is on £65k a week. I'd be surprised if £100k a week isn't making Henderson the third highest paid keeper in the league.

Though yeah did just read Oblaks new deal puts him on 400k euros a week.

They've got Alison on £90k. Better be getting on the phone to his agent! Ederson is on £65k a week. I'd be surprised if £100k a week isn't making Henderson the third highest paid keeper in the league.

Though yeah did just read Oblaks new deal puts him on 400k euros a week.

It's all speculation with transfers as they never reveal it. I guess Ederson will get a new deal soon that'll bump him up quite a bit same with Allison. I'm guessing keepers like Leno, lloris and Patricio will all be on good money somewhere around the £100k.

If you are planning on benching De Gea you want him out you don't want him sulking around the camp bringing the mood down you need unhappy first team players out. That's why Smalling/Lukaku/Sanchez were all moved out ASAP by Ole if these lads don't play they won't be happy and it'll bring the whole mood down.
I don't disagree with that but we all know it is very unlikely they can sell DDG. So the alternative is to keep him and allow continued mistakes? All the while missing the opportunity to give Henderson experience as the United #1?

So if Henderson is to get a 100k a week deal, does that mean if he goes on loan next season the other club need to pay that?

So if Henderson is to get a 100k a week deal, does that mean if he goes on loan next season the other club need to pay that?

Each loan is different. Depends on the deal. They may pay all of his wages, none of his wages or an agreed percentage of his wages.

Some times clubs even pay full wages and a fee to take a player on loan.

My guess is if Utd do up his wages and still decide to loan him out that they'll be picking up a chunk of those wages next season.

how can a keeper with one year in top flight football become the third highest paid keeper in the world. Only at united :oops:

I'm guessing Hendo's agent has done a stirling job and it says loud and clear that 1. he was in demand and 2. Utd rate him highly

As always I'm sure the figures being reported are wide of the mark high numbers always sound great when printing a story and the true numbers will never get revealed.

If Utd think he's got a chance of being the number 1 next season and beyond tying him down now makes sense because if we wait and he's number 1 with 1 year left on his deal how much will he be asking for then?

Manchester United post a public job advert for goalkeeper analyst

cant be that sure about him.

But even if they were, we are making him the third highest paid GK in the world, after one season in the PL.

I'm sorry, i'd let him go, just like Sancho.

Until we start putting our foot down we'll buy high and sell low.

We'll have the two highest paid keepers in the league! So Liverpool, City etc will all have first team keepers getting less than the keeper on our bench. Has Henderson shown anyone on here he should be the third highest paid GK in world football?

Ha at this moment in time, you cant be sure on that. DDG may be moved on, Hendo may be loaned out, you never know. As I said £100k is a sign they want him to stay. And in the grand scheme of things 100k isn't that much in this day and age. I bet Phil Jones is on 50% more that that lol

granted the the keepers wages seem low in comparisson to the outfield players.
But still, making him the third highest paid keeper is ridiculous imo.

Of course we don't know yet if he will go out on loan and have some or all his wages paid. We also don't know if they intend to sell ddg. There are decisions to be made on the goalkeeper but I suspect we are in a relatively strong position with them.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back