Grealish to City?

I think grealish under Pep is going to become the best player in the world. I honestly think he has that level of ability! I think Pep is going to take him to the next level.
Easy tiger. There are plenty of players who have the ability of Grealish but it’s totally something else to really push onto that world class level.

I don’t think the price tag will effect him as he has confidence in spades but there will be so much expectation. Will definitely watch with intrigue on how he does. Plenty of guys have had these big moves and not really lived up to the hype.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Easy tiger. There are plenty of players who have the ability of Grealish but it’s totally something else to really push onto that world class level.

I don’t think the price tag will effect him as he has confidence in spades but there will be so much expectation. Will definitely watch with intrigue on how he does. Plenty of guys have had these big moves and not really lived up to the hype.
I just think he's different level. That's just my personal opinion and we shall see if he can fulfil the undoubted potential he has.

With Grealish confirmed. If City sign Kane. Where would their back up 11 finish in the league:

Steffan

Walker Ake Laporte Mendy

Fernandinho Silva

Torres Foden Sterling

Jesus

tough keeping them all happy. But Pep does like to change to change his team from week to week. I guess if you're happy playing a role like that then you'll win medals.

But you've got to assume some of those forward players are up for sale.

Report is he’s on £380k a week as well just a bit less that KDB.

This to me feels like a mega gamble on a player he’s going to have to be amazing to live up to the price tag and wages.

I must be the only person who doesnt rate grealish
Quite happy we didnt spunk £100m on him and i dont think he will really make city miles better than they are
They pretty much have 2 quality sides last season and now have 1 more player
Much rather get a dm like bissouma in for half the money

Looks like this one is going to happen then. If city get him then I think that's the league done for a few years I really do. And if they add Kane too? Wow.
you have to wonder if even City can afford Grealish, Messi and Kane...

Report is he’s on £380k a week as well just a bit less that KDB.

This to me feels like a mega gamble on a player he’s going to have to be amazing to live up to the price tag and wages.
That's crazy money. I have my money on Sancho out performing him this year.

Pep made a bit of a tit of himself in the news conference trying to justify them spening £100m on Grealish because they've sold £60m of academy players this summer which isn't exactly true.

They have sold 3 players this summer one was an academy player one was a signing and those 3 have been sold for around £30m but he did hint that there's a few players in the squad who are looking to move on including Bernardo Silva.

Sounds like a few clubs made an enquiry for Grealish but only City were prepared to pay the release clause which Villa weren't prepared to negotiate on.

True but our manager grew up as a paid up member of the Liverpool supporters club back in Norway.

I am not happy about Grealish signing for City. I don't care if he makes them worse. He's the kind of player I want to see in a United shirt. I fully realize he doesn't fit in with our current squad etc., but it doesn't change my disappointment.

Some stories that Utd were interested but unable to do a deal this summer as they were committed to Sancho plus a centre back which to me makes sense.

Wonderful player to watch shame we won’t see him at Utd but money has to be spent elsewhere first.

Grealish reminds me a lot of Hazard that wonderful glide he has I think if he can adapt his game slightly to stay on his feet a bit more and ride the challenges like Hazard could he will score more and create better chances. I don’t think City will want him just dropping and winning free kicks as they want to keep the ball moving and they need him to be a player than can open up teams by beating them one vs one to take an opponent out of the game.

you have to wonder if even City can afford Grealish, Messi and Kane...
They won't be getting Messi and to be honest I'm not sure they can go for Kane due to FFP. I guess they could if they sell a few players to effectively cancel out the £100M or so it would take to get him.

They won't be getting Messi and to be honest I'm not sure they can go for Kane due to FFP. I guess they could if they sell a few players to effectively cancel out the £100M or so it would take to get him.
They and PSG always seem to find ways round FFP - but as I agree they won't get all three. I think, at some stage, they will however get kane

I am not happy about Grealish signing for City. I don't care if he makes them worse. He's the kind of player I want to see in a United shirt. I fully realize he doesn't fit in with our current squad etc., but it doesn't change my disappointment.
This! There's something about him that reminds me of Beckham (perhaps the hair), who I adored, so seeing him in a City shirt makes me sad.

FFP has basically been put on hold due to Covid it makes it impossible for any club to comply with the current FFP rules. That’s why City, Chelsea and PSG who have rich owners are going big as the restrictions could be back shortly.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back