Gleison Bremer from Juventus

jsp

Seems to be the latest name doing the rounds.

Brazilian centre back with a 60m euro release clause.

27 years old only had 4 caps for Brazil.

Feels to me more like someone Juventus are trying to sell and as a result we are being linked than someone we'd be looking to buy.

Seems an odd one to me. Only 4 caps for Brazil at 27? A 60m player? Never. Also, why do Juventus want rid when quality centre-backs are hard to come by these days? Doesn't sit right with me, and I don't think it'll matter. I think we will sign Branthwaite before his price gets astronomical.

Think he was a bit of a late bloomer from what I could find on him.

Brazil have had quite a few good centre backs in the last few years though so hasn't been easy to break into that team.

Juventus are still in a financial mess so I think they'll be looking to sell players again this summer, this one just sounds like agent/paper talk.

I watched a video on him just now and he looks like a big unit, that won't lose many aeriel battles... but from the clip it's just impossible to know much more. They're daft tackles that look all well and good, but when it matters who knows what he's like. Have got zero time watched on him, so I'll reserve my player judgements for now. Can't see any truth in this though, as you say just paper talk.

I've watched a couple of Juventus games this season and he's looked good but I wasn't paying particular attention it seems like a lot of money for a player who's not really played at the very top level.

United have been aware of him since his days at Desportivo Brasil a decade ago and every few years he gets linked to United again.

Just turned 27, hardly old for a CB, Steve Bruce signed at a similar age, and his lack of caps shouldn't be a worry, if Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Militao et al could pass the 'beep' test they would always play, think a closed shop.

Quick, strong, good in the air, good for 3/4 goals a season and available for £43m

If we recruit 2 CB's, and I think we will we should be all over him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back