Finances Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Man United has bought out DHL training kit sponsorship early to secure more cash after $559M Chevrolet deal."

The commercial people at the club are working ridiculously hard to try and get the best deals possible. Can't fault that.

"Man United has bought out DHL training kit sponsorship early to secure more cash after $559M Chevrolet deal."

The commercial people at the club are working ridiculously hard to try and get the best deals possible. Can't fault that.
Absolutely.

I just read Andersred with regards to the Glazers. Breaks down the Financials about as well as you could for a novice like me.

What I find fascinating that you all actually get the financials for your team. Here in the States, nobody knows anything about what each team does per season.

I've taken some accounting classes last year, and the big reason why IPO's don't work (besides for what you mentioned) is that whomever is in charge of holding the IPO can artificially inflate the stock prices. That's what you saw with Facebook.

(I've edited the thread title)

Rough projected figures from Zonebourse:

2z3qvyo.png

It's a rough graph, but if the figures are off by 10-20% we could be debt free by 2016 and have a revenue of £450m-£500m and a profit £150-£200m by 2017. I'm not sure about dividends though.

Snippet from the Telegraph:

United are also understood to be close to announcing a £100million-a-year tie-up with a leading airline following the end of their agreement with Turkish Airlines.

The figure seems a little high. Could be a typo/mistake.

Some of these deals are crazy, but if it brings down the debt, then that is surely a good thing.

Could be seeing a lot more deals in coming months now we're Champions again.

Fergie:

"It (financial growth) has been fantastic and that’s credit to the commercial people," Ferguson said. "Of course, the football team has been the platform for that and they’re capitalising on the great profile of the club. Worldwide it seems to get bigger.

"We’re happy where we are at the moment, that’s for sure. They are interesting and valuable partnerships."

Wages have rocketed up in last couple of years. Sponsorship continues to grow.

Yeah, huge increase in wages. Still 50% below are our turnover I believe.

Gross transfer spend since 1992 EPL -

1. Chelsea (£842m) - 3 titles
2. Manchester City (£704m) - 1 title
3. Liverpool (£602m) - 0 title
4. Manchester United (£532m) - 13 titles

Wow just wow. Manchester United have bought the league on many occasions you know.

AP News: United refinances high-interest debt, cuts costs

LONDON (AP) - Manchester United says it has refinanced more than $290 million of high-interest debt, cutting the club's interest costs by around $15 million a year.

Fresh from winning a 20th English title, United says in a statement to The Associated Press that it has secured a new loan from Bank of America with far lower interest rates.

United has refinanced 177.78 million pounds ($269 million) of outstanding 8.75 percent interest sterling bonds and $22.09 million of 8.375 percent dollar bonds.

United says the new loan would have an estimated starting interest rate of around 2.78 percent and that interest payments should come down from around 31 million pounds to 21 million pounds per year ($31.7 million).

The club has a total debt of 370 million pounds ($559.4 million).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back