Fernandes on his future at United

Yep he came here under Ole to try and help Utd kick on to challenge for league titles and european cups whoever is in charge next season we are at least 2 seasons away from that.

If clubs that are ready to compete now want him then he has got to be open to it.

It does seem like the rumours of him leaving are gathering a little bit of pace.

I don’t mind if he does leave but we sure as hell need to get his replacement right.

I actually think Amad could end being a very good player in the Bruno role. He perhaps doesn’t have enough pace to make that right hand side his own, so I can see him moving into a kind of Bernardo Silva role.

These sort of stories make me think he wants out, certainly feels like the ground is being prepared for a move.

He's 29 now Utd must feel they can recover £50m plus for him.

That's some reading behind the lines.

Bruno loves it at United, and he's desperate to stay.

That's some reading behind the lines.

Bruno loves it at United, and he's desperate to stay.

Just how I feel mate if he wanted to kill these stories I think he would have.

He didn’t totally shut the door a few weeks ago with his comments.

As I have said before, I think replacing Bruno may be the final piece of the jigsaw to enable us to compete for titles again, but we need to keep him for most of that process.

Just how I feel mate if he wanted to kill these stories I think he would have.

He didn’t totally shut the door a few weeks ago with his comments.

I think he did or he thought he did when he said he hoped to stay, but he's been in England long enough to be suspicious of the English press and you sensed he was waiting for them to say "that's a shame, we hear the club are looking to sell you" so he followed up by saying but both parties need to agree.

I don't think it was Bruno looking for a new improve deal though he will obviously get one if he stays, more the press doing what they do by default these days trying to destabilise an already destabilised club saying their skipper wants to jump ship just a few days before we play a match(FA Cup Final) that 110% of football fans think we'll get battered.

Here's hoping it works for us, and not against us.

I think he did or he thought he did when he said he hoped to stay, but he's been in England long enough to be suspicious of the English press and you sensed he was waiting for them to say "that's a shame, we hear the club are looking to sell you" so he followed up by saying but both parties need to agree.

I don't think it was Bruno looking for a new improve deal though he will obviously get one if he stays, more the press doing what they do by default these days trying to destabilise an already destabilised club saying their skipper wants to jump ship just a few days before we play a match(FA Cup Final) that 110% of football fans think we'll get battered.

Here's hoping it works for us, and not against us.

Yeah it was an odd interview, he said something about he wants to stay but he doesn't know if the club want him to stay. To me that suggested he had some doubt in his mind and why wouldn't he given no one really knows what the new board are thinking and is he in the plans or not.

I can see him thinking how much longer can he wait for this all to come good, if there' a top club like Bayern that want him I could see him being very tempted.

The time frame for Utd sorting it out and being competitive at best is 2 years by then he's 31 and the club might be looking to replace him. He's at a point where he needs to think about winning now.

Yeah it was an odd interview, he said something about he wants to stay but he doesn't know if the club want him to stay. To me that suggested he had some doubt in his mind and why wouldn't he given no one really knows what the new board are thinking and is he in the plans or not.

I can see him thinking how much longer can he wait for this all to come good, if there' a top club like Bayern that want him I could see him being very tempted.

The time frame for Utd sorting it out and being competitive at best is 2 years by then he's 31 and the club might be looking to replace him. He's at a point where he needs to think about winning now.

I want him to stay(on reduced wages if he gets a new long-term contract), and at no point listening to him did I think oh no he was leaving the door open to trying something new, those that have made their minds up they want him gone probably heard it differently.

He might lose the Captaincy but I'm 99% sure he'll still be at Old Trafford in 2 years time.

I wonder if when he said, if the club wants me he is talking about incoming players.

They've talked, he isn't going to sit around to play in this durge, I wonder if he asked for assurances about players/manager too

certainly we can't have Bruno playing in a side like this season. It's a waste.

And the club need to look, talking about 3 or 4 year project, he's 29.

I think he wants a new contract.

Probably not happy with another season on reduced wages because the team didn't make the champions league.

He's captain now and while he's on good coin there's still a few players on more than him who are not performing to anywhere near his level.

I assume the new owners have decided not pay high wages and long contracts to 29 year old players.

Maybe that's what he means by they have to prove they want him, and why he decided to show up last few games he's played

That's how I'm reading it.

I reckon that's a big issue for the new regime a couple of the lads on better money than him probably leave in the summer. Casemiro, Varane, Sancho and Martial I think are on more than Bruno. That probably only leaves Rashford on more than him and it would be hard to say that Bruno doesn't deserve to be given parity with Rashford even if it's only a 3 year deal with the 1 year option.

Problem with that is his current deal still has 2 years + 1 year option to run so where's the incentive for the club to give him the pay bump?

Yeah, that all makes sense.

I wouldn't improve and lengthen his deal myself. We've got to stop that cycle.

He’s being clever here. He’s telling the fans he wants to stay and he’s putting it on the club to make a decision. If United decide to keep him then no harm no foul. If they accept a big offer he can turn around and say “well I wanted to stay but the club accepted an offer, toodles”.

if what JSP and I have just discussed is true, then he's being disingenous. He should say, I'll stay if the club pays me more

I think in tihs case they could justify an exemption as he's been here for 5 years so he's earned the right to be the top dog.

Bringing new players in as your top earners is where mistakes are made.

So the next big player says I want parity with Bruno.

He's won nothing, running around a lot doesn't warrent a huge pay out. You yourself said Cas is too old. So you are saying put Bruno on similar wages and be in the same situation?

The players missed out on top 4, no way should he be banging on the door for a payrise. it's a joke and is what is wrong with this group.

The new owners need to put in a new pay structure.

These things are always a game players need to be careful with what they say and they're smart enough not to 100% commit either way.

From last night Bruno says he wants to stay & ETH says he wants him to stay. Does ETH's opinion even matter we don't really know.

The unknowns are do the new management want to build a new team with him at the centre of it or do they think it's a good time to move on.

My gut feeling is they're happy for him to stay but they don't want to give him a new contract and if Bruno can't live with that then they'd let him move on.

Everything they're doing right now is about cutting back not just in the first team but also behind the scenes loads of people are going to lose their jobs to try and reduce the clubs spending across all departments by removing any "nice to have" positions and focusing on essentials.

So the next big player says I want parity with Bruno.

He's won nothing, running around a lot doesn't warrent a huge pay out. You yourself said Cas is too old. So you are saying put Bruno on similar wages and be in the same situation?

The players missed out on top 4, no way should he be banging on the door for a payrise. it's a joke and is what is wrong with this group.

The new owners need to put in a new pay structure.

I tell the next guy to earn it if you want the Bruno deal you need to give 4 or 5 seasons of quality performances in a Utd shirt to earn it. Access to the "£300k club" as I'm now going to call it should be restricted to players who actually performed in a Utd shirt no new signings should be going straight in on that sort of money.

Well they'll be banging on the door because they're all about to miss out on big bonuses which mean next seasons wages drop by around 20-25%. Bruno has faced this pay cut twice in 5 years and he can't be happy about it.

I'd say his performances and dedication have earned him the right to go in and ask to be paid more but the club is well within it's right to say no.

I don't disagree the new structure is needed and it may be that Bruno gets told no and has to either accept the deal he's on or move on if he wants to earn more money.

Well they'll be banging on the door because they're all about to miss out on big bonuses which mean next seasons wages drop by around 20-25%. Bruno has faced this pay cut twice in 5 years and he can't be happy about it.

Well then he needs to win stuff and get CL, that what his contract says. Should never have signed it if he doesn't like it.

It's BS to go running to the chairman when his contract is honoured but he doesn't like it.

Well then he needs to win stuff and get CL, that what his contract says. Should never have signed it if he doesn't like it.

It's BS to go running to the chairman when his contract is honoured but he doesn't like it.

The club apparently set that rule as a non-negotiable if the club aren't in champions league your salary is cut and maybe it's even worse if there's no europe at all which is still possible.

Can't be easy when as a player you feel you've done your bit but you have to take a pay cut because loads of the other players have been poor.

If you're knocking on the door every 6 months that's taking the p*ss but asking for talks every 2 seasons is the norm and he signed his current deal 2 years ago.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back