English Cricket Summer 2019

I doubt they’ll change we won’t change a winning team and they’ll say they also went close to winning at Lords but that top order needs a reshuffle.

The Aussies will be changing to that new batter who’s name I can’t spell will stay in with Smith returning someone needs to drop out.

Had an Aussie in the house this weekend cheering for England turns out this team are hated back home very few want to see them win mainly because of Warner.

End of Anderson’s career? 37 now and he seems to be getting these niggly injuries which isn’t a good sign.

I think the winter tours are to South Africa and NZ so if he can get fit he will be there for sure but if keeps getting these injuries then that could be it.

Overton replaces Woakes and Denly will open.
Think Overton’s height got him the nod here as Old Trafford is a bouncier pitch. Will be interesting to see how he does because for me he’s nothing more than a decent workmanlike county bowler.

Denly to open and Roy down to four is a good move for me.

The weather isn’t exactly set fair so could be another frustrating test match weather wise.

Third test starts. Australia win toss and bat. Warner gone for nothing.

Smith and that Labashane fella will probably be in for as long as they want though. Haha.

For me his legacy will always be tainted by his cheating which is unforgivable but he’s one hell of a player.

Another embarrassing batting display by England. Roy’s race is run; he’s never a test batsman. Denly has fared better but doesn’t have to the potential to progress. Bairstow will be lucky to keep his place; he is bowled far too frequently for a test batsman. Butler isn’t a consistent batter to be in the team purely as a batsman, but could take the gloves.

The question is, who should replace Denly, Roy and Bairstow?

England really don’t deserve to win these ashes they’ve grafted but had to rely on the weather and a miracle to avoid being 3-0 down.

Batting a huge problem for them at the moment.

The question is, who should replace Denly, Roy and Bairstow?
I think if Roy gets a score today then he’ll keep his place at least for the last test. I think Denly does okay at times but like you say he’s got no potential. One of Bairstow or Buttler has to go for me. We need to give Foakes the gloves, Sibley to come in as opener and get Pope in somewhere.

Then the bowling, Overton has looked powder puff so would look at getting in Mahmood from Lancs as he has that pace to trouble the batsman as it was quite evident when Broad and Archer went out of the attack the back up bowlers were not up to it. Also need to find a better spinner, Leach is okay but lacks the mystery.

Lots of decisions to be made after this series.

Roy out. As Bumble said, he's fought hard, but he simply doesn't have the defence to play test cricket.

118-5

These 2 need to make it through to tea really as after them it really is the tail.

2 players who haven't delivered with the bat in this series but Bairstow and Butler have the chance to make a vital contribution.

Bairstow gone LBW reviewed it but it was umpires call close call but he was beaten by the ball so can't really complain.

Yeah just beaten by the pace really. Bairstow does get out lb and bowled a lot.

Tough to get out of this with a draw with over 50 overs remaining. Can’t really complain if we do lose this series, barring the Stokes miracle we haven’t been great.

Yeah the Aussies deserve to win the series... well I say the Aussies I mean Smith he's been the difference between the two sides he's average is over 112 per innings in this series which is mad.

In terms of pace bowling don't think there's been much between the two sides both have been brilliant, Aussies have had the better with the spin as they've been able to rely on Lyon, Leach done ok but Moeen was poor in the first two tests. Batting wise Smith has been the difference no one has scored particularly consistently but Smith has got into the England bowlers heads and dominated every games.

Very poor leave but good bowling and captaincy. But yep think this is done ... or maybe in an hour and a half’s time we will see Leach defend his last ball and secure the draw? No?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back