Dayot Upamecano

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Signed a new contract a few weeks ago so not sure I’m feeling this one.

Seems more likely one for next summer than this one as I believe he has a release clause that kicks in next summer which was part of the new deal.

Feels like getting in early will be key if we want him if he keeps improving everyone will be in for him next summer

I just don't see us signing a CB despite it now being strongly reported. I reckon Ole will give it another season to see if we can resolve any defensive issues from within.

I just don't see us signing a CB despite it now being strongly reported. I reckon Ole will give it another season to see if we can resolve any defensive issues from within.

I think if he can get the right one he’ll go for it but it’s not just a case of buying anyone it’s about getting the one he wants if this is the guy and we have to wait 12 months so be it.

Could even see us trying to do what Liverpool did for Keita agree the deal now for next summer.

I think if he can get the right one he’ll go for it but it’s not just a case of buying anyone it’s about getting the one he wants if this is the guy and we have to wait 12 months so be it.

Could even see us trying to do what Liverpool did for Keita agree the deal now for next summer.
Surely if the 42m euros release clause kicks in at the end of next season then both parties should know theres a deal to be done now, surely.

Surely if the 42m euros release clause kicks in at the end of next season then both parties should know theres a deal to be done now, surely.

His release clause this summer before he signed a new deal was 60m euros so my guess is if Utd came in with an offer around that level they might take it but Leipzig have already lost one big name this summer in Werner I'm not sure they'd be happy to lose another.

My guess is they'd be much more motivated to sell to us now than to let that release clause come into play with Bayern Munich waiting in the wings.

A lot will depend on what the player wants I think he might decide to sit tight for one more year and see what offers come next season it sounds harsh but this kid might be thinking he can do better than us if he just does another year with Leipzig.

I can't see this happening at all. He's just signed a new contract and at the minute will be 60m euros which we wont be paying any time soon. I think we will be back in for that Badiashile kid.

Thought he looked good for the first hour but when they went all out attack and left him exposed our attackers had his pants down.

Certainly didn’t strike me to be the superstar he’s made out to be but not going to rule him out based on 1 game.

Reports in Germany are its a done deal with Bayern they’ll be paying his release clause this summer and the player has agreed terms.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back