David De Gea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we most probably are signing De Gea because he is at the young age that Fergie likes to sign players at even if he is a goalkeeper.

Apparently David Gill was refering to De Gea the other day, didn't actually say we're getting him but the rumour-mill is saying we're signing him (or at least likely to).

Just on David De Gea, apparently MUTV have suggested we've signed the lad and also today's match day programme mentioned that a goalkeeper was nearly in the bag but didn't directly refer to him.

lot of rumors off late about De Gea deal being done, i think we've got the guy. Interesting to see if he starts off directly as our no.1 of if Lindegaard will be given a chance while De Gea settles in.

Buying Lindegaard in Jan was a very smart move, gives him 5-6 months to get settled in the club since we were going to be losing both VDS and TK, so getting in two new GK's in the Summer could have been a problem if they didn't settle in immediately!

I'll be honest, i think De Gea is probably 99% a United player.

I think De Gea is still making his mind up, he's probably been offered a contract from Atletico as well as us and he's pondering whether to leave Spain.

I think De Gea is still making his mind up, he's probably been offered a contract from Atletico as well as us and he's pondering whether to leave Spain.
Possibly.

At the same time, i'm pretty sure that it wouldn't have been mentioned in the match day programme (v Blackpool) that we're signing a keeper unless we were somewhat close to signing a new keeper.

From what i can gather, De Gea is the man. Whether there's any truth to it, God knows!

I think it's a done deal between the 2 clubs. De Gea's comments sound as if he's just making his mind up. Atletico have already sold one of their stars today in Aguero to Real.

There's also a lot of spanish people on twitter writing De Gea and United or some variation in the same tweet. Forlan also looks like he's leaving.

Balague mentioned earlier he was going to announce a La Liga player to Prem soon too. Liverpool fans jizzed at the thought of getting Aguero... as if they could get him...

David de Gea set to complete £17 million United move

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David de Gea has decided to sign for Manchester United following the agreement of a £17 million deal between the two clubs.
The fee was agreed around two months ago, with agent Jorge Mendes at the centre of negotiations, but the player needed time to make up his mind regarding his future. The young keeper has risen to prominence in a very short space of time and after establishing himself as the number one choice in this, his second season in the first team at his hometown club, was unsure whether he was ready to leave the familiar surroundings of home and move to the Premier League so early in his career. However, de Gea has now told his team mates at Atletico that is leaving to join Manchester United and that his parents and girlfriend will be joining him in England.
An official announcement could be made on Monday, but a delay is possible while the player resolves a contactual issue with his agents.

Guillem Balague Football Website | David de Gea set to complete £17 million United move

It will be great if we get him. He wasn't my first choice as Edwin's replacement but he was certainly in my top 3. I also like how we are getting this deal done early in the transfer window. Good business.

Confirmed.

De Gea is our new goalkeeper, he's signing on July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back