Coronavirus

Just off for my second jab, bit of a trial, AZ/Pfizer mix. Apparantly the only side effect is a higher chance of mild reaction.

yeah, it's not a trial by choice haha, they changed the rules, no AZ for under 55's. Because no one here wanted the AZ jab, I got it early, before they changed the rules.

Saw something last night about Vaccine confidence apparently they think 90% of the population will take a vaccine when offered one which is the highest rate in europe in France they reckon only 60% of the population are willing to take it.

Good luck Mr C always nice to have a lunchtime cocktail.

So Spain saying we can travel with no PCR test required but UK still have them on the Amber list.

Government currently getting grilled over this stuff and the guidance around travel as people will be booking holidays to Spain now even though our government say we shouldn't be taking non essential trips to countries on the amber list. Surely the solution here is asking people to demonstrate their travel to these countries is essential.

Many will just be gambling that by the time their summer holiday comes around countries like Spain will be on the green list.

I can now apply for my first jab just trying to sort it out online.

We got a certificate on our app now we've had both jabs. The point here is, most families take kids with them, who can't have jabs. Which is why I guess Spain have said no need for tests or vaccines. Families can just flock in

Yeah you get your 'covid passport' on the app when you've had both here too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's up in front of some inquiry this week isn't he?

Not holding back if he's kept the documents he could absolutely torch this lot.

It's embarrasing that Labour aren't clearing up over the shambles these lot have done on Covid and also the handling of Brexit negotiations.

It's because their narrative, and media narrative because they love Boris, is vaccine rollout trump's all.
And looking at the recent election, it's probably what the public think too

I dunno think labours lack of clear direct policy over Brexit cost them big time last time around cost them a lot of working class voters who now see them as the party of the middle class not the working class.

SNP has basically cleaned them out in Scotland.

The Tories have been able to get this vote for us for a change idea out their when reality is they’ve been in power for the vast majority of the last 40 years so even if you didn’t vote for them what you are getting is what they’ve delivered.

Goverment getting a kicking on a R5 phone in this morning. They put a local lockdown in 8 places, but didn't tell anyone through fear of getting a grilling, just put it on a website that no one reads. it wasn't even on the app.
One of them being Leicester, where 20 odd thousand people attended a football match.

It was only 8,000 people at the Leicester game but yeah that's crazy one of the councils is just down the road from me.

Everything I read was they were considering local restrictions not that any where actually in place.

talk is they didn't want the embarrassment of dishing out local lockdowns after saying they wouldn't, so did it on the slay. Bizarre.

Yeah, I guessed at the amount of fans because the number is pretty irrelevant.

It was only 8,000 people at the Leicester game but yeah that's crazy one of the councils is just down the road from me.

Everything I read was they were considering local restrictions not that any where actually in place.

Apparently the restrictions came in on Friday the government just forgot to tell everyone.

...oh and they're not actually restrictions. 'Guidelines' that they should only meet outside. Complete joke.

'Nobody from the Government told the city council any of the Covid-19 advice would be changing before it did or informed them in the three days since it did.'

Madness isn't it another one of their you can do this but you shouldn't policies.

The way the media is going on today doesn’t sound good for 21st June in England.

Case numbers rising quickly partly down to surge testing in areas but it would be gutting if we had to take backwards steps at this point.

Let’s hope worst case we have to stay under these conditions for a little while longer.

The way the media is going on today doesn’t sound good for 21st June in England
That was my take too. But then I realised... The media have an agenda. The media do this all the time. Actually at the moment the government are saying they see nothing in the data to suggest the next stage can't happen but that we are still too far out. The media just want to talk about the negatives.

Deaths are all low, hospitalisation numbers are still coming down overall and the vaccine numbers are going up at a quick rate.

That was my take too. But then I realised... The media have an agenda. The media do this all the time. Actually at the moment the government are saying they see nothing in the data to suggest the next stage can't happen but that we are still too far out. The media just want to talk about the negatives.

Deaths are all low, hospitalisation numbers are still coming down overall and the vaccine numbers are going up at a quick rate.

I dunno quite a few of the ministers have warned about it and that data not dates line is being chucked about again plus those enhanced guidelines in certain regions.

The vaccines should help reduce the deaths and hospitalisation growing at a rate that swamps the NHS so while case numbers are rising quickly this shouldn’t result in the same trend as it did before.

That’s 24 hour news for you they always need something to talk about and fear keeps people watching.

Getting my jab next weekend.

Got my jab booked in for June 15th.

I can't see us getting any change come June 21st. But whilst cases are rising hospital admissions aren't so I can't see us going backwards either. But case numbers were always one of the 4 things we had to have under control before taking the last step.

Johnson will be desperate to hit that date if he doesn’t deliver that deadline he will be seen as a failure and lose him some of his backing.

Johnson could sexually abuse the queen and most the country would say it was needed at the time.

Doesn't matter what he does they simply will turn a blind eye. This Cummings interview should be hitting him hard and has had little impact.

The issue with the Cummings stuff was it came from Cummings it was so easy to deflect away that scandal as the public all hate him and don’t trust him. So while what he said was very probably true it was quickly swept under the carpet and based on opinion polls Johnson gained support off the back of it.

Yeah Boris is Teflon at the moment nothing sticks to him.

It's always been that way with Boris. Makes a list of promises fails to act on them or actually actively goes against them and people lap it up.

I think the conservatives know even if they miss this date it'll have no real effect such is their position of power in this broken country at the moment.

It’s actually become hard to hammer them over one terrible decision because straight away another one comes along so everyone seems to forget the last one.

The vaccination role out has been the backbone of his defence since it started we got ours sorted quickly and it’s been running pretty well and the vast majority of people are willing to get one.

The other issue is no one really wants to listen to kier starmer he’s clearly an impressive guy but no one knows what he stands for and he just can’t get his ideas through to people. A decent opposition should be clearing up here.

The vaccines should help reduce the deaths and hospitalisation growing at a rate that swamps the NHS so while case numbers are rising quickly this shouldn’t result in the same trend as it did before.
The vaccines do seem to reduce deaths and hospitalisations so as long as that continues I don't think the number of cases necessarily matters so much.
Getting my jab next weekend.
Great to hear bud. I've actually got my second next weekend.

It’s actually become hard to hammer them over one terrible decision because straight away another one comes along so everyone seems to forget the last one.

The vaccination role out has been the backbone of his defence since it started we got ours sorted quickly and it’s been running pretty well and the vast majority of people are willing to get one.

The other issue is no one really wants to listen to kier starmer he’s clearly an impressive guy but no one knows what he stands for and he just can’t get his ideas through to people. A decent opposition should be clearing up here.
And this is exactly the point Labour are an utter disgrace and have lost the Working class. I have been a Labour voter all my life until Ed Milband voted Tory ever since as there is no credible alternative can you Imagine Corbyn and co running the country . Labour also tried to block Brexit which was a predominately working class vote. Starmer has failed miserably with the working class ( He was one of the main instigators opposing Brexit and we don't forget)

Anyone working class voting Tory needs to give their head a wobble. Because they really don't care about the working class one bit and never have done.

I'm not sure how Starmer has failed he's not even had a chance go get anything going yet.

I think people that continue to vote for Boris after the shambles of the last year are a loss cause. As it just goes to show it really doesn't matter what the government do they'll be blindly followed. We've handle Covid worse than almost everyone and he's been a disaster. The independent investigation after this should be the final nail in his coffin.

And this is exactly the point Labour are an utter disgrace and have lost the Working class. I have been a Labour voter all my life until Ed Milband voted Tory ever since as there is no credible alternative can you Imagine Corbyn and co running the country . Labour also tried to block Brexit which was a predominately working class vote. Starmer has failed miserably with the working class ( He was one of the main instigators opposing Brexit and we don't forget)

Brexit was supported through all classes there's people on either side who are working/middle or upper class and it certainly won't be the upper class who feel the pinch of whatever the outcome is.

No credible alternative? You should only vote Tory if you agree with their policies if you don't agree with them or any other party then you are better off not voting at all. As for Starmer he's not really had a chance to go out and win the votes or sell his ideas because pretty much since he took over it's all been the final knockings of Brexit and the pandemic where he's had to be gentle with the Tories to think of the bigger picture. Hopefully as we see the back of it he really needs to hammer them for their record in managing this once in a generation issue. Problem he has is once it's "over" the Tories will declare it a victory for Boris and that will be the message that goes out to the public.

The worrying news off the back of the pandemic is that our economy is the one that looks likely to be hit the hardest out of all of the G7 so not only have we had a very high loss of life our road back is looking tougher than many others currently.

Boris seems to brush everything off, I listen to PM questions every week, he never answers the questions, questions labour (when it's PM questions) and always finishes with the rollout.

They have superb PR, and he is a winner for some reason, won 2 London elections. People like him.

It's odd to me.

He's a populist he sees which way the wind is blowing then backs the winning horse he's picking the winner in a race when he's already halfway down the finish line.

That's how he's always been it's very hard to work out what Boris actually stands for as he keeps things very secret until the last minute when he suddenly makes a snap decision there seems to be very little planning that goes into what he does.

The talk is that he backed that european super league idea in private but once he saw the outrage against it he went against them in public this seems to be how he does things and it seems to work for him it makes him very unpredictable.

He tells you what you want to hear but does he then back it up with results or action? He's made big promises to the northern cities who turned on labour now he needs to deliver for them. Same promises were made to fishing towns of propserity post Brexit which doesn't seem likely due to the deals we've ended up with.

The tories somehow have convinced everyone that all these problems we have in this country are nothing to do with them despite them being in government for the vast majority of the last 50 years.

They've been in power for 11 years and still absolutely nothing is their fault. It's the most impressive thing about them is how failure doesn't seem to matter.

It's even worse than that since the 1979 election which the Tories won Labour have had 3 wins controlling parliament from 1997-2010 a worldwide economic crash saw them off in 2010. So of the last 40 years over government the Tories have had about 75% of the time in charge.

All they've done for the last 10 years is blame Labour and created a massive political division of Brexit which really works well for them as any Tory opposed to Brexit will never turn to labour but they've managed to turn the labour voters who support Brexit towards them.

I think the main problem is it's been pointed out how often he lies, yet nothing, no one cares

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back