Not open for further replies.
200pxchicagofiresoccerc.png
vs.
200pxmanchesterunitedfc.png

USA Tour 2011
Saturday, 23 July 2011
Soldier Field, Chicago
KO: 16:00 local time, 22:00 UK time​

I could struggle to get a stream to work with the game being on a 10. My internet is poor between 4PM and 12PM. I'm sure i'll find one.

Shite- i'll miss it i'm away on Saturday.

I'll have to watch the highlights again.

I think all the U21 players will get some time for sure. Hope Cleverley gets full game.I rate him very highly. Think we don't need Sneijder with him in our squad.

United: de Gea; Fabio, Smalling, Jones, Evra (c); Obertan, Carrick, Cleverley, Welbeck; Diouf, Berbatov

Cola, Doritos and sausage rolls... I'm ready for kick off.

The diet of kings lol

The age and potential of the team is something that strikes me.

Lol, it's my reward for keeping up with my exercises during the week.

Well that's it then season over it's all Gibson's fault.

Just come back from the cinema, can't believe we're loosing. How have we played? Looking forward to second half.

Not too bad it's like we were a bit lethargic. Welbech and Obertan played well. De Gea made one good save at the end of the half. Good thing Chicago are useless finishers. What movie did you see?

Not too bad it's like we were a bit lethargic. Welbech and Obertan played well. De Gea made one good save at the end of the half. Good thing Chicago are useless finishers. What movie did you see?

Living it up with Harry Potter :)

No surprise the 1st half was a bit rusty with so many U21s playing. Cleverley in particular looked very rusty. Welbeck looking the best out of them. All 3 finishes were class. Rio to Rooney was great. De Gea did well. Like the look of him. Rooney looks like he's ready for the season already. Completely different beast to 12 months ago.

For those who couldn't watch
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thought United played very well especially considering the terrible heat. Some of the football in the first half was great to watch. Obertan, Welbeck, Cleverley, Carrick involved in some great moves. We were unable to get that killer pass in the final third. Neither Jones or De Gea could've done anything about their goal tbh. Couldn't believe the amount of slag those two were getting on twitter. They both had a very good game. De Gea made a fantastic reflex save to keep us in the game right on half time. Cleverley had a good game i thought, struggled in early stages but after 20mins or so played with more confidence and freedom. Obertan looked very very good. Welbeck also did very well and some of the brilliant piece of skills from him was a joy to watch.

The second half was the same, this time the pressure payed off and the deadlock was broken by a very special move. Great bit of play by Ferdinand and his pass to Rooney was a peach. Rooney''s finish was unerring. Rafael scored 47 seconds after coming on! Great move and he meant that finish from that impossible angle. It is not impossible if you're a Brazillian that's for sure.. Rafael -> Maicon any day of the week. No question.. Nani got a bit of luck for his goal, but what a great chip after that? Extremely composed first time finish.

Yeah Cleverley did come into the game more in the 2nd quarter (Americanism), didn't really do anything to impress me though nor was I expecting him or any of the other U21s too impress. Welbeck's performance was pleasantly surprising.

haha "2nd quarter" it's an american sports thing ain't it.

Paddy Crerand started calling it Soccer last night, deary me. He also called Patrice... "Patrick Vieira" haha. Poor Paddy.

Thanks for the reports and clips on the game guys.

I was away at my parents house over the weekend, back home now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back