Chelsea Discussion 2023/24

he's got a great attitude, which is most of the way there. Swap him with Antony :-/

I wouldn't mind Gordon from Newcastle
Dislike him very much and not really sure why. Also I think he’s having a good season for Newcastle but meh players like him are ten a penny - we can do so much better.

Utd need to be looking for the next Bowen/Gordon/Palmer and getting them early before others realise how good they are.

As for Palmer next season I think he'll move more central if they end up moving Gallagher on, they aren't going to sell him after 1 season and given he's finally getting the first team football he wants I doubt he'd want to move.

The hardest thing to do is acquire great players for cheap. You can have the best scouts in the world, but there's nothing that will suggest 100% they'll fit in our league and in our team. Sadly the best way is the tried and tested routine, but that gets very expensive and even then it's not guaranteed they'll work in your set up.

It's a hard job picking out gems.

No one is saying it's easy and it's far from a perfect science but our success rate on signings is pretty much zero in the last few summers, so few players signed in the Ole/ETH era have come off and that needs sorting.

Brighton are an example of a club finding good players but that’s probably because they go under the radar, if United are looking at anyone the whole world and his dog are on it in a flash and the price doubles.
Ineos hopefully will from now be more savvy when scouting.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back