Champions League 2020/21: PSG v Manchester United

Why are you dropping De Gea? he had a good game against Newcastle with some fine saves which actually kept us in it at 1-1
Are you downgrading CL games these days? Please dont tell me you think he needs a rest.

No just think Henderson will have been promised the cup and European games so think he'll be given the group stage games to stake his claim to be the overall number 1.

I don't think De Gea deserves to be dropped he's not really put a foot wrong but I think we'll see rotating keepers for the first half of the season.

No just think Henderson will have been promised the cup and European games so think he'll be given the group stage games to stake his claim to be the overall number 1.

I don't think De Gea deserves to be dropped he's not really put a foot wrong but I think we'll see rotating keepers for the first half of the season.
Well I hope you are wrong. At this stage I can think of no good reason why Henderson should be entitled to anything more than Romero was getting.

Well I hope you are wrong. At this stage I can think of no good reason why Henderson should be entitled to anything more than Romero was getting.

Guess it depends on what the conversations were as part of those contract negotiations he's tied himself to Utd for 6 years on a new contract surely on the basis that it's a fair fight for the number 1 spot. You're never going to judge a keeper on training so my guess is he's going to rotate them through the first half of the season and after that he'll make a judgment and it's winner takes all.

I don't really like that situation but it's not uncommon.

Wasn't Romero getting European games?

Romero used to get the Europa League games but the seasons we've been in CL both under LVG & Moyes I think De Gea normally got picked.

Had a quick look the season under Mourinho De Gea played the CL games but Romero got the last group game.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Confirmed

DDG

Lindelof Tuenzebe Shaw

AWB Fred McTominay Telles

Bruno

Martial Rashford

Subs (9 subs in CL) Henderson, Pogba, Mata, James, Pellistri, Ighalo, Matic, Williams, VDB

At this point, I’m surprised if we don’t get a penalty in a game. Martial knows how to win them!

Game plan seems to be working. Our boys worked their socks off in the first half keeping Neymar and Mbappe quiet. Tuanzebe is doing well against these world class players. Telles looks like he's slotting in smoothly. 3 at the back is so far working. The criticism of Shaw and DeGea over the past few weeks should be over with, both are doing well.

The worrying sign for me in this game is the McTominay - Fred axis. The first 20 minutes they were holding their own but around 35 minutes in they both got sloppy, McT with the foul on Neymar (who dived to sell it) and Fred giving the ball away cheaply. I think it is a mistake to play Fred when Pogba is available, even an out of form Pogba, because this is the kind of match he excels in. I think I would have started Matic and McTominay and brought Pogba on second half. Ole has some hard choices to make, let's hope these pay off.

Neymar is right up there with Gerrard and Suarez for players I detest. He's undeniably talented but a cheating, diving, punk.

The worrying sign for me in this game is the McTominay - Fred axis. The first 20 minutes they were holding their own but around 35 minutes in they both got sloppy, McT with the foul on Neymar (who dived to sell it) and Fred giving the ball away cheaply. I think it is a mistake to play Fred when Pogba is available, even an out of form Pogba, because this is the kind of match he excels in. I think I would have started Matic and McTominay and brought Pogba on second half. Ole has some hard choices to make, let's hope these pay off.
With all due respect, given how things are we dont give a monkeys what you think. Try again at full time.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back