Bruno Fernandes | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

SuperRash

El Capitano!

Think he will really excel as full time captain and I think he will benefit having Mount alongside him as well. He will always create chances and Hojlund should be excited about having Bruno feeding him the chances.

I'm not a massive fan, while acknowledging he's probably our best player.

Just please cut out the chat and arm throwing.

I hope we don't push him out right, he's not so effective and comes looking for the ball.

I forsee another great season, and if it wasn't for Rashford being classed as a midfielder, he'd be in my FF for sure.

I'm not a massive fan, while acknowledging he's probably our best player.

Just please cut out the chat and arm throwing.

I hope we don't push him out right, he's not so effective and comes looking for the ball.

I forsee another great season, and if it wasn't for Rashford being classed as a midfielder, he'd be in my FF for sure.

Get 'em both in ffs, it's not as though you are gonna be picking a United defender anytime soon.

Expected a whole lot more tonight from the captain. I thought he was really going to set the tone for a positive season but he was dreadful.

He was absolutely awful in the second half. Terrible performance. On how many occasions did he give the ball away?

He was absolutely awful in the second half. Terrible performance. On how many occasions did he give the ball away?
It can't have been far off every attempted pass. Really does need to keep it simple, and as captain show a lot more composure on the pitch.

Below his normal high standards today, but that's as much on the Manager.

He needs to stop lying on the ground when he feels he has been fouled. As club captain he needs to lead by example. As a team we are awfull at playing to the whistle. Basic stuff

Not much being said about Bruno at the moment. He was awful last night, not been great all season really.

Our midfield is a real problem. Nobody in there seems to be playing very well at all.

I think he's still creating chances which is his job but the midfield is clearly a problem.

The Casemiro/Eriksen/Bruno combo clearly doesn't work but until others are fit it is all we really have.

I do think there's a bigger problem which is the slight change in the rules in 2021 which allows teams to be a bit more physical. Up until 2021 Bruno could buy cheap free kicks because any contact was treated as a foul but since the 2021/22 season they've allowed more contact so he can't buy himself fouls anymore. For a small guy like Bruno that creates a problem because physically he can just be pushed around.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's been poor this season mainly, with the odd bit of brilliance

I do sympathise with him a little, as it must be almost impossible creating any chances in this team.

Definitely is when you give the ball away so often

He's as guilty as most for making poor decisions

But it's down to the manager, he should be getting more out of these players

I’ve honestly never known a player so talented but who’s so inconsistent. The things he’s capable of doing is up there with some of the best in the world but he also does things that make you scratch your head.

Definitely is when you give the ball away so often

He's as guilty as most for making poor decisions

But it's down to the manager, he should be getting more out of these players

We say this about every manager though.

I just think there’s a bad attitude in that squad that he’s still weeding out.

Players who chuck the towel in when it’s going against them, others who just aren’t up to the standard and others who don’t care about winning.

Bruno I think is a problem for him to be at his best you have to play through him but when he’s not at his very best he is wasteful and manager should see that and take him out of the match.

He needs to sharpen up. Quite a lot of people commenting how Bruno (and Rashford) didn't improve upon the midweek team.

Sometimes I wonder if players buy into their own hype too much and kind of expect things to go their way then struggle when they don't.

But it's true, how many of these players are underperforming, I'd say 100% and that's on the management team

I think you are exaggerating a bit. I see 3 first team players currently under performing these are players that we know can play much better than they are currently showing.

Rashford’s form has always been big highs and big lows he’s never been consistent
Casemiro is showing his age
Bruno hasn’t been anywhere near his best consistently in over 2 years now. We see flashes but we haven’t seen the player we saw in those first few years anywhere near enough.

Having his two biggest goal threats out of form is a headache because the rest contribute so little. He really needs Anthony to come back firing with a point to prove.

No forward, no midfielder, you could argue lindelof.
Where are the improvements

Do we think his volume of games over the last few seasons have contributed to his current form? He basically hasn’t had a rest since he came to the club. Obviously that’s part and parcel of football but he’s played more than most.

Should be dropped for the next game.

Quality is not being shown enough.

He's getting right on my nerves shouting at everyone when he is one of the worst players.

Thinks he's better than he is

Casemiro, Varane would have been the obvious ones to me, players who have won something.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back