Bruno Fernandes | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bruno's 100th PL game today. Stats since debut.

Goals 38 (4th in league)
Assist 26 (2nd in league)
Chances created 243 (2nd in league)
Passes in final third (2558 1st on league)

Very impressive but I’d say there’s a big difference between the stats in his first 50 compared to his second 50.

Can add another assist to his stats even if it was a shot.

I think in the long term Utd and ETH will have to develop a style that isn't so heavily reliant on him he needs to become part of the team and there needs to be a lot more pressure put on the wide players and centre forward when it comes to creativity.

Bruno is great when the game is open and end to end but I don't think Utd will win titles playing that way it's to chaotic you need to control matches to win league titles.

I think he can adapt to that way of playing once the manager has finished putting his squad together there will still be a spot for Bruno.

Lovely goal tonight but it was him ducking out of a 50/50 that resulted in Casemiro having to take a yellow card for the team.

Don't mind his occasional tantrums usually but he was bang out of order last night because he didn't read Antony's pass.

Great goal though.

Tantrum Bruno is the worst Bruno. Not sure which is the cause and which is the effect, but when Bruno is refereeing his play drops off a cliff.

What do we think about Bruno on the right? It worked very well against Leicester with Sancho as a number 10. He created two and for a Dalot shocking miss he would have had a hat-trick of assists.

He seems to have a little more time to pick his pass from the right. Not saying it’s a long term solution but I can see it being used more and more by ETH.

I think it's working pretty well gives him a bit more space to play in, he does the defensive side of things well so as long as the right back is getting beyond him to give some width it's ok.

I suspect when Anthony returns he'll go back to the right side.

Not sure how well it will work against teams who drop off us looked to me like Leicester kept a pretty high line against us which is suicide when Rashford is playing for us.

It’s been touched on in the match thread and should be noted in his performance thread. That was a fairly unprofessional performance from the captain. Bit of an understatement, I know.

It’s been touched on in the match thread and should be noted in his performance thread. That was a fairly unprofessional performance from the captain. Bit of an understatement, I know.
I think you're being a bit kind there. He was a disgrace. He should lead by example, gather the troops and ensure we don't concede any more after the third goal. He downed tools and the team followed.

Also, he needs to stop whinging about every single decision. I'm sure if he put as much effort into his own game he would have more influence.

I think a performance like that gets you dropped and I think the armband is taken away for the rest of the season.

Played out of position which can be frustrating and at 3-0 it wasn’t his fault but after that he was a disgrace.

Yeah the performance and attitude cannot just be glossed over. He should be dropped against Betis and the armband handed over to someone like Varane.

No-one likes losing and today was a hefty loss but you still need to display a positive attitude and not throw a wobbly.

I suspect Maguire will start against Betis but issue is if you take the armband off Bruno can you give it to someone who was also out there today?

The whole lot of them have got some serious questions to answer.

He reverted to Bruno of last season.

I don't think ETH will keep him around longer than he has to

Needless to say I share the above views in regards to Bruno's performance,, he even pushed the linesman on the back at one point. but I am a bit wary in regards to the actions that EtH should take.
It may be best he deals with it with Bruno privately and move on with an appropriate reaction from Bruno.
We could all do without the bad Bruno but surely we dont want to lose the good Bruno. Fergie never hung his players out to dry publicly.
We may also want to remember, there has been much talk about the amount of game time our players have had, slugging it out in 4 competitions, and the need to rotate and rest some. None have been busier than Bruno, he never gets a rest. It may have taken a mental toll on him.

We cant just turn on our own and hang him, we need to educate him. Leave that to EtH.

I think that's nonsense. He is a very good servant to the club. We need to work on the bad Bruno and nurture the good Bruno.

I'm sure the boss will be having stern words with Bruno. He definitely let himself and the side down. But, surely, isn't the art of management taking shit and turning it into shinola?

In ETH we trust

Oh come off it.

He's going nowhere. Typical knives out for the same players. He was far from the worst player on the pitch. Casemiro, Shaw and Martinez were the biggest culprits today.

He is 28 years old with 100s of games under his belt he has to know better than to do what he did today it isn’t acceptable to just give up when you are losing. To do it as captain can’t be tolerated.

The defenders having to deal with wave after wave of attack because the rest of the team has given up isn‘t on.

He has done this before, it's not fatigue, it's bad attitude.

FFS, drop him, take the armband off him, get him out the club! truly hysterical nonsense from some of you.
I doubt anyone would have had such views prior to today. What makes you think it cannot be dealt with and be recoverable.

I think if you are captain when the team loses 7-0 and you act like an absolute dickhead for the last half hour you have to be punished.

That is a result Utd fans will never be allowed to live down.

His reaction to the team being in that position tells me he isn’t a captain.

I think if you are captain when the team loses 7-0 and you act like an absolute dickhead for the last half hour you have to be punished.

That is a result Utd fans will never be allowed to live down.

His reaction to the team being in that position tells me he isn’t a captain.
He will need to learn how to be a captain very quickly from this point I agree. And he is definitely an upgrade on our previous supposed captain.

He will need to learn how to be a captain very quickly from this point I agree. And he is definitely an upgrade on our previous supposed captain.

I don’t recall Maguire ever downing tools.

He had some shocking performances but he never did what Bruno did today and gave up.

That can never happen when you are captain but it is a tough one for ETH as who can he turn to after that?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back