Boys for Sale

Not everyone. I really rated Evans felt he deserved the start against Madrid has had been the better defender that season of Vidic, himself and Rio.

Was very annoyed when he left and would still be Maguires best partner now.

I agree Fergie’s final season he was very good and I liked him never thought he was amazing bit short of speed was a problem but read the game well to make up for that. He should have played the season to the end with Rio as Vidic struggled with injury that year but Fergie always went back to those two in the big games.

Think his performances under LVG were dreadful he dropped down the order and asked to go as he wanted to play. He’s had a good career post Utd and I think at the time it was the right decision for everyone as he wasn’t playing well and needed the change. That’s fair but if we had those two as a partnership would we have a title winning defence? I don’t think so.

I don’t think Jones is as good a defender as Evans but I think if he’d made a smart move like Evans and stayed fit people’s opinion of him would be very different.

Sometimes on social media some folk forget they are talking about real people.
The singling out and ridiculing of people in the public eye in this manner is highly unsavoury and suggests the writers like an easy target. This man has possibly been very unlucky in his career with injury etc, I am sure he would much rather it had worked out differently and his time at United had been successful.
The club itself has much to answer for in the recent (post Fergie) woes of many individual including managers, players and fans. We are still in the recovery stages from 6 years of unbelievable incompetence and it will take another 2 seasons before we can finally put such times behind us.
Stop f*cking moaning and get behind Project Ole, he has done an amazing job in the last 12 months to give us hope again. And stop digging out individuals who have been part of the shit show but also shoulder no blame for it.

Who's moaning? I said Phil Jones is a clown, it wasn't a reference to his personality (as I clearly don't know him) but his football prowess, or lack of it! He's outstayed his welcome by about 5 years but he's still here leeching his wages.

Who's moaning? I said Phil Jones is a clown, it wasn't a reference to his personality (as I clearly don't know him) but his football prowess, or lack of it! He's outstayed his welcome by about 5 years but he's still here leeching his wages.
All I am saying is on social media it becomes too easy to be singling people out who are in the public eye and holding them up to ridicule. Calling Jones a clown is ridiculing him and I dont think he is deserved of some of the shit that gets thrown at him.
For a player to turn down a testimonial because he felt unliked by the fans and didnt think anybody would turn up! I am sure he had higher hopes and aspirations when he joined.

He’s not leeching wages he’s a dedicated pro and the club are the ones who keep giving him new contracts he’s never held them to ransom.

For all we know he’s desperate to leave but clubs don’t want to buy him.

The Phil Jones situation is 100% down to poor judgement by the club and nothing to do with the player

we've got to be the only club around who can't force out players that we don't want. Unbelievable really.

I am beginning to fear a little, this board is looking like it hasn't learnt from past mistakes. I understand we might not have the money for a 120m Sancho, but we must be able to shift the dead wood and get in some decent players in surely.

The board don't care because they know the Glazers take all the money out the club. Agreed though, how difficult is it to get rid of deadwood?

Bloody difficult actually if the "deadwood" doesn't want to leave we've given these players silly contracts that they can now hold us to.

Very rarely does a footballer take a pay cut in the modern age and it seems like to many are happy being bit part players at Utd rather than play for a smaller club.

Rather than deal with our issues we've kept kicking it down the road hoping someone might make an offer for these players and the offers just don't come. Instead of just letting players contracts expire we renew them and start the process all over again because it's much cheaper then letting a player go for free and replacing them.

Roma looking to negotiate a double deal for Smalling and Fosu-Mensah.

Dalot joins Periera on loan in Italy.

Smalling to Roma expected to go through today around 15m

Leeds apparently made loan and permanent offers to take Dan James but Utd rejected both approaches.

There's talk of Brandon Williams going out on loan as well the club feel he needs more game time to develop.

Been a tough summer for Utd getting players out if Smalling goes through that's 15m coming in from transfers this summer they must have been hoping for a lot more than that back in January.

If Smalling's move to Roma collapses will feel a bit sorry for him he's basically gone there and been one of the best defenders in that league for them and they won't even stump up a reasonable fee to sign him.

If he ends up staying he deserves to be treated like every first team player and fight for a spot in the starting XI same goes for Rojo who seems to be sticking around.

Hopefully he gets his move and the club do a proper goodbye message for him.

Smalling gone for £18m. Our best defender jets off to Italy. A little disappointed.

Obviously not saying he’s the greatest defender but better than what was displayed yesterday.

Most of you lot were slagging Smalling off in the Jose era and early Ole days. Most of you wanted him gone, now your drowning your sorrows

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Most of you lot were slagging Smalling off in the Jose era and early Ole days. Most of you wanted him gone, now your drowning your sorrows

12 months overdue if you ask me.

Recent events have made people forget how much of a liability this guy could be.

He had plenty of chances and consistently proved he wasn’t quite the very top level which is what we want. If you want evidence just look where he’s ended up and the fee being paid.

Anyway Romero’s Mrs has taken to Instagram to take a dig at the club for not letting Sergio leave.

As it stands with Telles and Cavani (I assume) in and Smalling, Periera and Dalot out Utd have 28 first team players on the books. 26 who need to be named in the 25 man squad (Greenwood and Williams can be named as under age players) meaning 1 senior player cannot currently be registered for first team football this season.

I disagree he was a liability. I think very often he got lumped in with Phil Jones. Of course you sometimes forget mistakes that have been made years earlier but I cannot remember too many, certainly compared to our present 3 first choice centre halfs. I certainly feel we could have used him this season, but at the very least we needed one coming in.

Im glad he’s gone. Another one from an era that should be forgotten.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back