Boxing 2021

I think they'll want a summer night at Wembley for the first fight. Then Cardiff winter of '22 for the second.

I think the money will end up taking the fight to either Vegas or the Middle East.

Don't think even with the roof closed at Cardiff in the winter it would be warm enough to host a boxing match it stops the rain it doesn't stop the freezing cold temperatures.

Would be great if they could get it in the UK in one of the big stadiums.

AJ Vs Usyk this weekend.

This is one of those incredible weekends of sport.

Ryder Cup, F1, City Vs Chelsea, AJ Vs Usyk, NLD and of course Red Zone. Cannot wait. Partner will not be happy.

Looking forward to the boxing, the old saying "styles make fights" and I think this one this weekend could be a real good battle.

We've had to pay £245 to show it in our pub, so hoping its as busy as were expecting !

In excited for all of the above. I'm not going to know where to look.

I'm expecting this weekend to be AJ's toughest fight. Usyk winning the early rounds with AJ needing a late knock out....and getting it.

Interesting insight, I can only see a Joshua victory personally, I think Usyk has the tools to be very dangerous but watching him against Chisora made me doubt how he fits in at Heavyweight. Saying that, Chisora's style is to put it on you so it might be tough to judge Usyk properly based on that.

I don't much about him, some fella on the radio said he has zero chance of knocking Joshua out.

Not just some random fella btw :D boxing correspondant.

Big challenge for Usyk obviously stepping up to the heavyweights from the cruiserweight division which he ruled the big question is how much power does he have at this level and how much speed/stamina does he still have after putting on the extra weight.

Joshua should win easily if he boxes smart uses his size to maintain the distance and sits behind his jab whereas Usyk will have to try and force him into trading blows. In heavyweight boxing anyone is vulnerable to a knockout the big boys hit hard so if you make a mistake you can find yourself in serious trouble Joshua knows that all to well with his defeat to Andy Ruiz. He's had plenty of time to prepare for this one and having made that mistake before you have to assume he'll be properly prepared for this one.

Joshua can be drawn into these ego battles he wants to win by KO that is his style and gives the opponent a chance but he backs himself to survive those blows and land the big punches that puts the opponent down.

I don't much about him, some fella on the radio said he has zero chance of knocking Joshua out.

Not just some random fella btw :D boxing correspondant.

You'd have said that about Ruiz though. He was deemed a feather fisted boxer after his fight with Parker.

He can’t have any complaints beaten by an opponent that dominated the fight all the way through to clever for AJ stayed away from his danger shots, movement was far to good and nothing like AJ was used to.

I’m sure there will be a rematch but hard to see a different result if they go again.

Usyk was a class act from start to finish.

I had Usyk winning 8-4. 4-4 going in to the 9th when I expected AJ to come on strong but Usyk just pulled away with it. Phenomenal fighter.

News flash... Joshua is not a good fighter. He's a boxing pin up but he's not actually all that good.

Think we saw a guy who’s been boxing his entire life against someone who started late in life and yeah he’s a power puncher rather than a classic fighter.

I think he will be disappointed he didn’t go for it and try to unload his power on Usyk but Usyk was just to quick and to clever for him.

If Fury beats Wilder then this will be the fight people will want to see Fury is a much better fighter than AJ can he match Usyk’s style and impose himself on the smaller guy in the way Joshua couldn’t.

Rematch is Inevitable but that rematch won’t happen until next year now and that fight was a big defeat he needs to come back with a totally new plan wouldn’t rule out him coming in much bigger for the next fight.

If Fury beats Wilder who does he fight next while they have their rematch? Does he take on Whyte if he wins his next fight.

He's a not so secret, secret... AJ isn't a very good fighter.

Not sure that's much of a secret everyone has always said he's a very raw fighter but he's a heavyweight with serious punching power and he was learning on the job having become champ so early in his career.

His mistake was trying to box a boxer rather than drag him into a fight which is what an experienced heavyweight would have done.

All on eyes on Fury now the last thing heavyweight boxing needs is Wilder winning that and forcing a 4th fight between them.

Fury should win easily.

Wilder looks to have bulked up a bit so surely going for an early knockout will struggle to go 12 rounds.

Hope Fury batters him.

Fury should win easily. I've backed Wilder inside 3 though. Just got a feeling.

Just listening on the radio but it sounds brutal. Just as Fury seemed to be finishing off, Wilder came back

Sounds like a great fight back and forth seen a few call it one of the all time greats.

Fury won fairly comfortably in the end, however he boxed quite poorly and smothered his own work. His performance would suggest he wasn’t as motivated for this fight. Wilder is technically poor, he isn’t a boxer. He was marginally better, but gassed early and his face was punching bag for the last 4/5 rounds. He showed great heart though.

Nasty knockout took a bunch of heavy hits before hitting the deck.

Interesting to see what Wilder does next will he attempt to fight Joshua or Usyk after their rematch?

For Fury he now faces a mandatory fight with Whyte if he wins his next fight will he want that fight or will he drop the belt and wait for Joshua that seems to be the fight he wants but he could easily just call it a day.

Fury has been given the choice either get the contract signed for undisputed in the next 30 days or sign to fight Whyte

Think that ship has sailed Usyk vs Joshua rematch was confirmed yesterday so it’s fight the mandatory or drop the belt as the undisputed fight wouldn’t be for 12 months.

Wouldn’t give Whyte much chance vs Fury but anything can happen in heavyweight boxing.

Being undisputed has surely got to be the motivation to keep going? Not even sure if that’ll be enough to keep him going but he seems to be at his best mentally when he’s training and focused on a fight.

Jesus the heavyweight division is so poor and has been for a long time
A.J is poor,Fury is poor usyk and wilder worse
On a side note just found out Jim Evans died earlier this year
Great man,great trainer and allways had time to give tips and help
Miss my time walking down his garden to the gym at the back and seeing some class fighters there as well
R.I.P.Jim

Think it’s as good as it’s been for a long time.

Belts changing hands not just being dominated by the Klitchko’s as it was for so long after the 90’s.

Maybe needs a few more top Americans to really give it the buzz but the Brits are bossing it with more to come up in Joyce and maybe Dubois.

That trilogy series between Wilder and Fury is as exciting a series as you will ever see it should go down in history. Heavyweight boxing at its best is about the big punches rather than the technical side of the sport AJ could do with remembering that.

you think fury wilder is as exciting as you will see hahaha thanks for that made me me chuckle

What more do you want from a heavyweight fight?

Two guys who clearly don't like each other clubbing each other each man hitting the deck and having to fight their way back.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back